Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

This is just a precursor to dropping football in like 5-7 years. They were probably waiting to see what that AAC contract looked like but when it was underwhelming they probably started the gears in motion for this. They probably look at that budget shortfall and want to cut women’s programs but they’re boxed in by Title IX. So they downgrade football, go independent or whatever but they’ll have no bowl tie in and the schedule is going to be a mess. So eventually they’re going to look at those 85 scholarships plus the 85 women’s scholarships they can dump and probably solve some of their budget issues. UConn football won’t be a thing in 10 years, I would guess.

This is a smart take and one that I haven’t heard yet. Being handcuffed by Title IX and looking at dropping scholarships to save money is probably exactly what they are thinking. I think it’s short-sighted as hell but maybe they didn’t have a choice as a public university?

wouldnt cutting football and the deficeit it creates allow them to spend more on womens sports and the like?

wouldnt cutting football and the deficeit it creates allow them to spend more on womens sports and the like?

Sure but to what end? Maybe they’ll eventually be able to balance their budget but then what? By that time all the P5 schools in the northeast that they compete for athletes with (Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Rutgers, etc.) will have had years of P5 money in their wallets, facilities at those universities will have been upgraded and the competitive advantage to land the best kids will have increased.

I guess if the NCAA remains the overlord of college sports and the P5s do not break away as has been rumored, then UConn can look to Villanova as a template for what they want to be. I think that’s a pretty big gamble but I’ve been wrong before.

Yes. Even going to D-1AA in football saves them 22 scholarships right off the top (85 max in D-1A; 63 max in D-1AA, and D-1AA is allowed to give partials with up to a total of 85 players getting some level of money).

This.
UConn fans are in a Civil War right now with half applauding this move, and the other half realizing the BIG picture that's emerged. They are now relegated to Nova-like status as their best option: Try to be relevant in March, and downgrade to FCS for football. But the die has now been cast.
I have UConn family members who're as torn as ever, while I'm sitting over here like McDonald's..."I'm lovin' it"!!! Bwahahahaha :p

To be fair the people on their board posting g about how this is an awful move represent literally all of UConn’s football fans. So it’s a little deceiving.

So like 10-12 days ago, some dude over there breaks the UConn to the NBE news and Fishy produces this absolute gem of a freezing cold take...

Your source isn't close to credible.

Tranghese working for UConn was in the newspapers three years ago.

We're not going to the BE in 2021.

The idea that a president would have the authority to do something two years after she leaves is idiotic.

He is neither credible nor connected or you have trouble defining both terms.

You're not stupid, but that post is.

That is the long version.

The short version is - lol, no.

UConn to the NBE?

So like 10-12 days ago, some dude over there breaks the UConn to the NBE news and Fishy produces this absolute gem of a freezing cold take...

Your source isn't close to credible.

Tranghese working for UConn was in the newspapers three years ago.

We're not going to the BE in 2021.

The idea that a president would have the authority to do something two years after she leaves is idiotic.

He is neither credible nor connected or you have trouble defining both terms.

You're not stupid, but that post is.

That is the long version.

The short version is - lol, no.

UConn to the NBE?
Good thing that we have Bees Jake et al.

Apparently the official vote is today. Any chance the member schools say no?

EDIT: According to CBS it was approved.

Last edited:
I don’t read the Nunes site because the people in charge are absolute clowns but because I have friends who follow them causes their crap articles with headlines are suggested into my timeline on Twitter their article headline today spinning the UConn news in a potential negative for Syracuse was embarrassing.

It was like those clowns were trying to make the boneyarders feel better.

Rutgirls and uconn should be in their own league for football and play each other every week so we can all laugh at them.

I don’t read the Nunes site because the people in charge are absolute clowns but because I have friends who follow them causes their crap articles with headlines are suggested into my timeline on Twitter their article headline today spinning the UConn news in a potential negative for Syracuse was embarrassing.

I’m confident that if you played this scenario out 14 million times, Avengers Endgame style, there still wouldn’t be a single one that was negative for Syracuse.

Feel a little bad
But then I just remembered
It’s only Uconn

There I cleaned it up for you. Nice little Haiku.
That is a great edit

like it or not, its a great short term move for the hoops programs (and maybe other sports), especially if they can win in the next year or two. opponents fans care more about, much shorter travel distances, the bs hype that goes along with the move, and yes we will compete with them for recruits and they now have a more exciting story to tell.

the flip side is known that they will never be P5 and the football program should be at the FCS level it's been playing below in about 5 years when the next round of realignment stuff begins....unless the ACC wants to gore the NBE and add St J, Nova and G-Town as members.

I don’t know what this is in reference to anymore. Consecutive losing seasons?

Yes, why would a school that's won four national championships in 21 years talk about it? Makes no sense. Hurley would have to be bonkers to mention that to recruits.
Because 4 > 1

You have no proof of this.

Actually, we do. Without Fishy, the escape from Syracuse.com doesn't happen. Who knows where we would be without him?

I don’t know what this is in reference to anymore. Consecutive losing seasons?
They were referencing my post in the Andre Jackson thread. Problem is the dude edited what I said to fit his narrative.

Shocker

No more mac n’ cheese for UConn.

318CC087-E671-4984-8D2C-877A2AE8DD64.gif

Well, don’t leave us hanging. Did he get the mac and cheese?

But he didn’t delete or edit his post. Fishy’s a good guy. We’re all wrong at some point. He also gave the dude credit later in the thread.

im not sure "were all wrong at some point" captures it. he raked a guy over coals, basically calling him a liar and an idiot, and then excused it with a one liner that did not even include the word sorry.