Official FSU Gameday Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official FSU Gameday Thread

Absolutely enormous opportunity today. No Cook no Gholson etc. SU needs to be in this game late into the 4th. Shafer needs to make a statement here no excuses. Can put his stamp on the program today. A blowout loss would be a disaster. I think we can make a statement today

Absolutely enormous opportunity today. No Cook no Gholson etc. SU needs to be in this game late into the 4th. Shafer needs to make a statement here no excuses. Can put his stamp on the program today. A blowout loss would be a disaster. I think we can make a statement today

Door's opening a bit, but most of their 2nd stringers would be starting for us. Still a very big ask for a young team.

But I believe.

You don't get nearly enough credit for your contributions to the board. Great job - thanks.

Thanks but I am just one of rrlbees minions.
[/QUOTE]
upload_2015-10-31_10-41-42.jpeg

I don't agree with this.

Building a program is a multi-year process.

A win today is great but it doesn't mean the program has turned the corner.

Conversely, a blowout loss is disappointing but doesn't mean the program won't turn the corner.

Too much emphasis on one game.

The most important part about any win today would be the fact that it makes the road to 6-6 and, hopefully, a bowl game and the extra practices that come with a postseason appearance...

Going into the year this game was always going to be our best chance for a win against a team that is likely to end the year in the top 25 (I don't think anyone knows if Pitt will stay there)

Our chances have risen though they are still well below 50%. maybe they went from 10% to 25%?:noidea:

Good omen?

I'm unfortunately working a cross country championship meet this morning and will probably miss at least the first quarter, which sucks.

BUT, I pull into the parking lot...and the car next to mine has a 'Cuse sticker on the back. This is at a random, small conference championship in Texas, by the way.

I'll take any omens I can get.

Last Saturday night, I was in San Antonia for my son's Air Force BMT graduation. We went to the San Antonio Rampage AHL hockey game and before the game I ran into a woman wearing a Syracuse shirt. I didn't have any Syracuse gear on but I still shouted "Go Cuse!" and high-fived her. That's got to be a good omen, right? :D

I don't agree with this.

Building a program is a multi-year process.

A win today is great but it doesn't mean the program has turned the corner.

Conversely, a blowout loss is disappointing but doesn't mean the program won't turn the corner.

Too much emphasis on one game.

The most important part about any win today would be the fact that it makes the road to 6-6 and, hopefully, a bowl game and the extra practices that come with a postseason appearance...

Couldn't disagree more. Year 3 of an underwhelming tenure with zero signature wins this is when Shafer and the program needs to get a signature win. The pro Shafer people keep thinking this is a slow build but with a new ad it might be over soon if this team goes 3-9 again. The Time to win a game like this is now.

JeremyCuse said:
Couldn't disagree more. Year 3 of an underwhelming tenure with zero signature wins this is when Shafer and the program needs to get a signature win. The pro Shafer people keep thinking this is a slow build but with a new ad it might be over soon if this team goes 3-9 again. The Time to win a game like this is now.

Crap. If we lose this game we forfeit the rest!?

Also, we all know if we win the "fire Shafer" people will cite them not having a QB/RB etc as the reason.

Also, we all know if we win the "fire Shafer" people will cite them not having a QB/RB etc as the reason.
Just do what I'm doing. Hit ignore!!

Why not us? I'm tired of seeing other teams with losing records pulling off huge upsets. IT IS OUR TURN NOW!

I BELIEVE!!

Well to be fair, if they had one of the top RBs in the country this game will likely go drastically different.

But regardless this is a game we aren't supposed to win even with them missing who they are missing. If we win, it's a huge testament to Shafer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom