Official Louisville Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Official Louisville Game Thread...

Ok, here it goes...

You know, I really miss the days when we could score from anywhere on the field. Harrison, Missle Ismail, Kirby Dar Dar, McNabb, etc. Heck, give me a Jamal Riddle!
Thanks!

I miss our D's that at least got after the QB and hit hard. Sure we gave up big plays, but we made some too.

This D doesn't get pressure, doesn't hit, doesn't get turnovers...and gives up more big plays than I've ever seen.

This is the part of Babers philosophy I just don't get. His offense and overall coaching mentality is 100% aggressive. Then he plays a highly conservative defense, that if it works perfectly, is supposed to give up short-medium plays forcing opposing offenses to go on long painstaking drives and then shut them down in FG territory.

I have no idea why he wouldn't want an aggressive, attacking defense. It matches his philosophy, and if our "prevent the big play" defense, is going to allow this many big plays anyways, we should probably blitz more anyways and try to make QBs uncomfortable

Strickland was so explosive last year. What happened?

I agree. I think he's not used to being a tailback lined up in the back field. He's still adjusting to the position.

That's just a horrible play by Dungey. Zero pocket awareness there and then practically hands the ball away.

Also, don't take this as a "I don't think he's good" post, but for as good as Dungey can be, he has some really stupid plays sometimes.

I wish Dungey was better at sliding in the pocket. He too often stands in the same spot or takes off upfield.

Well at least it seems we have a good punter to replace our NFL caliber punter...

Talent gap is enormous between L'ville and Cuse. This rebuild will take a couple of years.

I remember being all fired up early in 2010 and then went to the game against Pitt. Their small guys were bigger than our big guys and they absolutely destroyed us right from the beginning. Huge reality check on where our talent level was at. We still got to a bowl and won it that year though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom