*Official Syracuse Players Summer League Thread* | Syracusefan.com

*Official Syracuse Players Summer League Thread*

jdubs30

Living Legend
I'll try to keep all the stats updated in the first post, but here's a place to discuss how former Orange are doing.

Kris Joseph, BOS (6 games): 21-54 from the field, 2-13 from 3, 17-21 from the line, 61pts, 31rebs, 7stls, 11fouls, 3asts
Fab Mel0, BOS (6 games): 7-19 from the field, 0-0 from 3, 2-4 from the line, 16pts, 29rebs, 6asts, 5blks, 13fouls
Dion Waiters, CLE (2 games): 7-25 from the field, 1-5 from 3, 6-8 from the line, 21pts, 7asts, 5rebs, 1stl

Joseph: 10ppg, 5rpg, 1spg, 0.5apg; 39% from the field, 15% from 3, 81% from the line
Melo: 3ppg, 5rpg, 1bpg, 1apg; 37% from the field, 50% from the line
Waiters: 10ppg, 4apg, 3rpg, 0.5spg; 28% from the field, 20% from 3, 75% from the line

My bad dubs didn't see your thread first. Solid first showing I thought by both. Too bad Rautins was injured as someone posted. The announcer twice made a comment of 'Syracuse is in the building', or something to that effect, after good plays by Fab and KJ

I'll try to keep all the stats updated in the first post, but here's a place to discuss how former Orange are doing.

Kris Joseph, BOS (1 game): 3-8 from the field, 0-2 from 3, 1-2 from the line, 7pts, 4rebs, 2stls, 2fouls
Fab Mel0, BOS (1 game): 1-2 from the field, 0-0 from 3, 0-0 from the line, 2pts, 2rebs, 2blks, 1foul

In the photo of KJ, he appears thinner and in better shape- good for him.

Watching the game, its amazing how polished Sullinger looked compared to Fab. Sully is gonna play minutes this year.

Updated the first post with yesterdays and todays game

Thank god Melo's contract is guaranteed, because if this is how he is performing now, I'm afraid to see him in a real NBA game at this point

Thank god Melo's contract is guaranteed, because if this is how he is performing now, I'm afraid to see him in a real NBA game at this point
I know man. He's barely gettign 12 minutes a game, you figure now is the time where he'd be getting more PT, but he's not.

I've watched Joseph in the first game and saw the stats for today. He's getting stats but is barely touching the ball, which is pretty impressive. I assume he's just playing within the offense, but he's really just hanging out at the wing while Sullinger pounds the ball/shoots on the other side. I hope he gets more assertive because when he gets around the ball, good things apparently happen. I did notice a few times where he completely lost his guy on D (one time Lazar Hayward and the other time Adam Morrison) so that wll need to be an area of focus. He's certainly not hurting himself. Proud of KJ, as he's one of the best "good guys" to come through the program.

Today, I see he led the team at +26 and Melo led the team the other way at -16.

I know man. He's barely gettign 12 minutes a game, you figure now is the time where he'd be getting more PT, but he's not.

They know what they have in Melo: a big that is a project. They need to find out if Kris is worth keeping.

Lets call it what it is... A 2nd round draft pick in KJo's range is a scratch off lottery ticket to an NBA team. There is a tiny tiny chance they hit it rich (Steve Nash), a 38% chance they find a guy who makes the team and higher chance the guy never even makes the team. If KJo is lucky, he will have a rookie year like Andy Rautins where he is the last man on the roster, filling a spot because he is a cheap salary.

Fab will make the roster obviously, but the Celts have no plans to play this guy any minute this year. They hope to keep him around for a year or two and see if he develops into a guy who can make the rotation. He is nowhere near ready to step into an NBA game.

Lets call it what it is... A 2nd round draft pick in KJo's range is a scratch off lottery ticket to an NBA team. There is a tiny tiny chance they hit it rich (Steve Nash), a 38% chance they find a guy who makes the team and higher chance the guy never even makes the team. If KJo is lucky, he will have a rookie year like Andy Rautins where he is the last man on the roster, filling a spot because he is a cheap salary.

Fab will make the roster obviously, but the Celts have no plans to play this guy any minute this year. They hope to keep him around for a year or two and see if he develops into a guy who can make the rotation. He is nowhere near ready to step into an NBA game.

Nash was a mid-first round pick. But your main point is correct, hardly ever do you find a starter in the 2nd round, much less an All Star.

Whoops...meant Mark Price. I must have Nash on the brain. Us white guys all look alike.

what's up with Plumee's hair cut. Is he trying for a throw back to the 50s? Get him some thick glasses and some short shorts.

They know what they have in Melo: a big that is a project. They need to find out if Kris is worth keeping.
Let's remember the progress between Fab's freshman year and sophmore year...I've got faith in the pick my Celtics made:)

For the Green-tinted glasses view: here's a link to the summer league thread on the Sons of Sam Horn board.

General consensus from Celtics land is that Melo has good hands, isn't devoid of basketball i.q. & has the potential you'd hope for in a low 20s pick. Everybody seems relatively impressed with KJ & think he'll at least make the team.

For the Green-tinted glasses view: here's a link to the summer league thread on the Sons of Sam Horn board.

General consensus from Celtics land is that Melo has good hands, isn't devoid of basketball i.q. & has the potential you'd hope for in a low 20s pick. Everybody seems relatively impressed with KJ & think he'll at least make the team.
Boston doesn't really have any big guards other than Pietrus, so if he can play the 2, he has a descent shot.

They absolutely adore Kris here, too: http://forums.celticsblog.com/

And they (SoSH) seem to think Syracuse is all white, regarding Joseph getting used to living in a "homogenous society of white people."

Uh...clearly they've never been to Syracuse.

Watching the game, its amazing how polished Sullinger looked compared to Fab. Sully is gonna play minutes this year.

I'm putting my sarcasm reader on and assuming you are being sarcastic. Sullinger and Fab aren't close in terms of polish.

44cuse

Updated the first post. KrisJo had 17/11 today. Melo started vs. Drummond but didn't score and had 3 boards and 2 blocks.

Updated the first post.

Melo with 5/10 today in 24 minutes; KrisJo only played 8 minutes and didn't score, and is now shooting 38% from the field for the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom