Official Syracuse "Wake" Forest Game Thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Official Syracuse "Wake" Forest Game Thread

Did we? I saw a game where we were within 5 with like 6 minutes to play.
Our 'strongest' runner just got knocked unconscious by a cornerback. The oline was completely dominated. The defense got the ball run down their throat by a true freshmen and a back-up qb who lost the starting spot to a freshman. Can I stop now, cause I can keep going. ...

Whole team played a hot mess. This game falls on the coaches. Those "men"lost this game. Anybody seen Schafer??? Mighty funny we beat them last year with the same personnel. This is not a damn video game!! Let your WR be WR and let your running back be just that. Let them put their foot in the ground and go up field. Wake showed us how it could be done. We both played in the same crappy weather.

That set of data tells me one thing. We need to bring Shafer back.

I like Shafer as a person but F NO! This loss is squarely on the coaches and noone else, they called a terrible game and did not put the kids in position to win.

Bad coaching, I get the feeling that they are starting to lose these kids for this season. When you preach belief without evidence, after a while you better see a little bit of evidence, not seeing it at all and if they are losing me, then they are starting to lose some kids.

They lost to the second ranked team in the country, we lost by 19 to Wake forest, I would take their ass-kicking over our loss against Wake Forest any day.

We played one of the top 5 teams in the country and had 400 more yards.

But I figured even qualifying it, I'd see deep thoughts like yours.

We played one of the top 5 teams in the country and had 400 more yards.

But I figured even qualifying it, I'd see deep thoughts like yours.

All BS aside, Rutgers would own Wake Forest and we just got pummeled by them.

I like Shafer as a person but F NO! This loss is squarely on the coaches and noone else, they called a terrible game and did not put the kids in position to win.

Bad coaching, I get the feeling that they are starting to lose these kids for this season. When you preach belief without evidence, after a while you better see a little bit of evidence, not seeing it at all and if they are losing me, then they are starting to lose some kids.
I was being sarcastic.

All BS aside, Rutgers would own Wake Forest and we just got pummeled by them.
Haha no they wouldn't. Wake is currently 5-1. That may be against subpar competition but let's not get insane.

He's small and afraid to get hit. Says a lot about our returners that he's the guy. He's not a returner.

But hey he might actually be good in 2-3 years so what if we are giving up major field position this year he's getting experience.

I gave up on football when McNabb was unable to get DogKiller to come. Life is much easier. The only drawback is that I have to wait until November. We need better personnel but why would they choose us? Would you?

I love you guys...you're my family and I'd do whatever is in my power to help each and every one of you. That being said, I'm disappointed that I've seen so many disparaging remarks tonight. We started in a downpour and played a decent team. We lost and had opportunities to win. It was a tough go from the start but damn guys...do we really have no appreciation for the difficulty in playing a good team on the road in a game that started in horrible conditions for our offense? Tough loss, but much more so for the team...they played a team they could have beat in better conditions. We didn't have a good outing in any regard but it's time to rally, not bitch and moan. Best wishes to the coaches and team...it was a tough loss. Tougher than any of us has to endure. I'm glad to be coming home and hope for a better outing against VT. I'm most disappointed in some comments by board stalwarts. Do you really think we made a bad hire in Babers et al? Maybe it's time for those that don't love football to migrate to basketball for this season....

Wow.
It's going to be a loooong time, if ever, before we have a respectable football team...
What happened to this once proud program? It's so hard to fathom how we've sunk so low.

I love you guys...you're my family and I'd do whatever is in my power to help each and every one of you. That being said, I'm disappointed that I've seen so many disparaging remarks tonight. We started in a downpour and played a decent team. We lost and had opportunities to win. It was a tough go from the start but damn guys...do we really have no appreciation for the difficulty in playing a good team on the road in a game that started in horrible conditions for our offense? Tough loss, but much more so for the team...they played a team they could have beat in better conditions. We didn't have a good outing in any regard but it's time to rally, not bitch and moan. Best wishes to the coaches and team...it was a tough loss. Tougher than any of us has to endure. I'm glad to be coming home and hope for a better outing against VT. I'm most disappointed in some comments by board stalwarts. Do you really think we made a bad hire in Babers et al? Maybe it's time for those that don't love football to migrate to basketball for this season...

Agree with your post. As for me, I'm migrating. I guess I have less patience than you all. Maybe things will turn around in a few years or maybe a turn-around is not possible due to the fact that football is not as big in the NE as it is in other parts. Sure, we can recruit from FL but, more often than not, we get the leftovers. Our only hope is to have a legacy coach to overcome our geographical disadvantages, but that isn't happening. Babers perhaps bit off more than anyone can chew. On the bright side, our basketball team will be wicked good. On the hardwood Wake will quake when they see us, ditto for the Golden Domers, Clemson and most all the rest.

I love you guys...you're my family and I'd do whatever is in my power to help each and every one of you. That being said, I'm disappointed that I've seen so many disparaging remarks tonight. We started in a downpour and played a decent team. We lost and had opportunities to win. It was a tough go from the start but damn guys...do we really have no appreciation for the difficulty in playing a good team on the road in a game that started in horrible conditions for our offense? Tough loss, but much more so for the team...they played a team they could have beat in better conditions. We didn't have a good outing in any regard but it's time to rally, not bitch and moan. Best wishes to the coaches and team...it was a tough loss. Tougher than any of us has to endure. I'm glad to be coming home and hope for a better outing against VT. I'm most disappointed in some comments by board stalwarts. Do you really think we made a bad hire in Babers et al? Maybe it's time for those that don't love football to migrate to basketball for this season...

I think what's concerning is that we didn't seem to be able to make any adjustments for the weather. Shorter passes. A screen pass or two (do we have that in the playbook?). Maybe let Fredericks get a run in the first half.

I guess it just shows how limited we are when we're not playing in ideal conditions, and that was my concern when I saw how much difficulty we had running the ball over the first five games.

We rarely use the tight end. We're afraid to pass over the middle.

Sure the weather played a huge factor but Wake just seemed to adjust to the conditions better than us.

I think Wake Forest was better than we wanted them to be as well...at least defensively...

Well, maybe on the brighter side, tonight's weather highlights the fact that playing in a dome is a potentially attractive factor to a recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom