Official Visitors for this weekend | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official Visitors for this weekend

I hate that there is no inflection on these posts...I mean, is this a shoulder shrug post or a wink-wink post?
(Not really looking for a reply, just getting caught up in the recruiting game and over reading every little thing:cool:)
It is my experience that when CuseLegacy says something like this, it is said for a reason. You should note it and remember it for reference later. :)

Lots of the under the radar quarterbacks turn out to be pretty darn good. Brock Purdy camped here and was not on a lot of schools radar and he turned out to be pretty good as a true freshman last year. Tommy DeVito had a very good junior and was on the Syracuse radar, verbally committed in April of 2016 and then that summer absolutely tore up all those showcase venues, making it to Undearmour All American and Elite 11. Syracuse will find the next heir apparent. Like I said in an earlier post, don't count out Summers until we have seen him. I have complete faith in this staff to do so, Go Orange!!!!!

Kids respond to rankings. Whether they're athletes or not, they want to go somewhere that attracts what they think are the best of the best. All they really have to go at this stage is rankings, accurate or inaccurate. Current roster and results matter but the recruits are generally encouraged to think about the class they come in with. Just read the tweets they send each other. And you can see why schools might encourage them to think of themselves joining a recruiting class as much as they are a program. It invites the kind of domino effect that we saw this weekend here and even more so at Pitt.

If we think about it as a competition, so far the defensive coaches are getting the better of the offensive ones. Some of it may have to do with the better recruiters being on the defensive side. But the domino effect matters too. If Van Dyke or someone like him had committed by now, there would be more momentum. That's not to say that recruiting momentum on offense won't come. It would appear, though, that our peer schools are winning the offseason thus far. The staff will hopefully turn things around during the season, which will turn some heads. The problem is that the recruiting calendar has really accelerated. Who will be left? Poaching kids with commitments requires extra digging. You also have to hope that the team they've committed to has a poor season or some scandal that might put doubts in that recruit's head. We've seen the problem that late scrambles for key positions has created for the basketball program.

They should let the new recruits wear the new uniforms when they get their pictures taken on their visits

Why don’t they have the new recruits wearing the new uniforms for their pictures?

The picture of Swag Daddy surrounded by the recruits is awesome. He definitely connects with the kids.

Very good week for Cuse football. From what the feedback is here looks like we got some players.

I am curious, for folks that are on top of recruiting, was this weekend about what was expected, better, or a little less.

Seems like better to me but wanted to get an overall feeling.

Last edited:
Very good week for Cuse football. From what the feedback is here looks like we got some players.

I was curious for folks that are on top of recruiting, was this weekend about what was expected, better, or a little less.

Seems like better to me but wanted to get an overall feeling.

I think it will be tough to evaluate anything until all of the visitors make a decision... some may be waiting to take all visits.

I think it will be tough to evaluate anything until all of the visitors make a decision... some may be waiting to take all visits.

Fair enough. It seemed to be a very good weekend. Hopefully we made an impression on those that haven't decided

Don’t feel bad. I have been here for years and still reply to questions someone has already answered three weeks prior. ;)
What was the answer, I obviously missed it. And how come there’s no more page numbers, just previous and next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom