Official: Wheatley is gone | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Official: Wheatley is gone

When Mac left for the Pats, didn't he take 3 assistants with him? Why is everyone surprised. Wheatley did a great job here and I would be more concerned if he left for another college job. I wish him the best with Bills.

I thought Ty did a wonderful job at SU, both with recruiting and in coaching his RBs. Thanks much for your contributions to the program and best of luck to you in the future. BTW, TJ would look really good in orange.

Agreed. He did a great job. Hopefully his son loves Orange.

I like Tyrone Wheatley as much as anyone but good running coaches are a dime a dozen. And if you didn't see this coming you have your head buried in the sand.

(The top 4 coaches to leave from the get go were/are Hackett, Adkins, Henderson and Wheatley.) The only thing I thought might hold Wheat for another year was his kid at FM.

Wheatley was a good recruiter but certainly not a great recruiter. This is an opportunity to bring in a running backs coach who can also recruit.

Wheat's area was primarily Western NY and the midwest - MI, IL, OH and maybe this was the reason for him not having better results. So go get a coach now who's going to recruit our traditional areas (or within our conference footprint).

Completely true to the sentence I was responding to and the way it was worded.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You a lawyer all of a sudden? This board is far more Illuminati than fan forum..

25-25 in 4 years in the bigeast = 6-26 and need a new job in the NFL

once again id like to thank my father and uncles for making me a Giants fan.

good lord......

:rolling:

Oh Lord

I don't think Wheatley will be the cause of 6-26... Hard to mess up CJ and Fred Jackson...

the easy answer is bring back david walker as the rb coach.

That's kind of a backwards career track, don't you think?

RB coach at Syracuse...
RB coach at UPitt...
RB coach in the NFL...
back to RB coach at Syracuse. :noidea:

That's kind of a backwards career track, don't you think?

RB coach at Syracuse...
RB coach at UPitt...
RB coach in the NFL...
back to RB coach at Syracuse. :noidea:

what are you trying to say - pitt rb coach is step up from cuse? disgusting...

I'd rather try and convince Terry Richardson to leave Miami and head north.

But lets get some new blood in here. This is a good opportunity. There are a billion football coaches in Florida - go down there and get one. Even a bunch of Syracuse alums coaching in Florida. Promote a HS coach.

You a lawyer all of a sudden? This board is far more Illuminati than fan forum..

well when someone says tgd knew hack was leaving, they are wrong.

Shafer has a great opportunity to hire some real recruiters, they are out there, we may not know the names but a guy with contacts at the high school level in certain areas is a huge plus a guy with experience in certain geographic areas.. Even if they recruit for a 1aa program, running back or TE coach is a great spot to stick your best recruiter

That's the thing about recruiting, you lock horns with a bunch of them when you're out there doing it yourself and you get a pretty good idea who has it going on and who doesn't.

I think we should thank Doug for helping us turn that corner...HA!

The good news is that I am a Patriots fan. Seems no NFL types want to work for Douche Marrone

Turning that corner and pushing us into oncoming traffic.

You a lawyer all of a sudden?
I'm not a lawyer, but I know a good one.

3oyyfv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom