Officials will play huge role today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Officials will play huge role today

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that in the same thread, we're lamenting too many stoppages in play for reviews, but we're also ticked a Pitt goaltend didn't get reviewed? :D

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that in the same thread, we're lamenting too many stoppages in play for reviews, but we're also ticked a Pitt goaltend didn't get reviewed? :D
I’m not following your point......

Nope. Not when one team wants to stop the clock and design plays to mount a comeback while the other team is trying to run clock and keep the other team disorganized.

So, we're just passive victims in these "time-outs" and can't create an offensive strategy to beat it?

This is the second game in a row where we could point to some brutal officiating in spots. We got away with one on the Marek put back late but otherwise there were some horrendous calls and missed calls the other way.

Again just inconsistency. It will balance out as it always does. We may not like them but officials are only human.

So, we're just passive victims in these "time-outs" and can't create an offensive strategy to beat it?
That’s not what I said. Do you give credence to anything I just said about how it gives a clear advantage to the team trying to come back?

The only truly horrific call was the missed goaltending.

I’m numb to the way block/charge is called at this point.

At that point in the game, I think that it's more about rest than strategy. IMO, a team that's expending energy trying to mount a 20-point comeback will be more tired than the team with the lead.

It was comical, and on brand with the joke that is TV Teddy, that he stops the game multiple times to watch replays (and adjust the clock by 1-2 seconds).

That’s not what I said. Do you give credence to anything I just said about how it gives a clear advantage to the team trying to come back?

I don't agree that it does. You want to win a game? Go out and get it done. No one is entitled to win. However each team is entitled to do everything it can to win within the rules. Did Pitt do anything illegal? No? Okay then.

TV Teddy without a controversial call. A real rarity.

I don't agree that it does. You want to win a game? Go out and get it done. No one is entitled to win. However each team is entitled to do everything it can to win within the rules. Did Pitt do anything illegal? No? Okay then.

Pretty much everything that Xavier Johnson does is illegal.

At that point in the game, I think that it's more about rest than strategy. IMO, a team that's expending energy trying to mount a 20-point comeback will be more tired than the team with the lead.

It was comical, and on brand with the joke that is TV Teddy, that he stops the game multiple times to watch replays (and adjust the clock by 1-2 seconds).

I get your point, yes it's annoying, and I don't like TV much at all, he's an attention hound. However both teams are able to rest during those phases. Especially a team that doesn't have much of a bench. My college coach used to say, "So what? I'll even tell them what we're doing. Because if we do it right, they won't stop it." That's where I learned basketball is an offensive game, and if you have the ball, you have the advantage. So go out and do it right. Just saying ...

Who said entitled? Was I talking about Pitt doing something illegal? We’re talking about how someone who is not a player or coach giving an unfair advantage to one team. Again, maybe considered the content of what I said instead of defaulting to your sticking up for refs shtick.

Yes
You are wrong.

1579981247018.png

Who said entitled? Was I talking about Pitt doing something illegal? We’re talking about how someone who is not a player or coach giving an unfair advantage to one team. Again, maybe considered the content of what I said instead of defaulting to your sticking up for refs shtick.

We have different understandings of the term "unfair." Have a good afternoon. Go SU. :)

Can’t you can review a goaltend during a regular stoppage in play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom