Officiating today... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Officiating today...

Its the inconsistencies per play let alone per half let alone per official that are ruining the game. Until the powers that be write less rules or clearer rules there are going to be problems. And the block charge needs to be fixed yesterday.

Another weird one: the no call on the travel on MSU #5 with 2:09 to play.

Lots of ticky tack both ways. However, due to our lack of depth, officiating like that favors the other team.

I saw the ticky tack on our players, but not as much on sparty... tho I do think I always see more on our players on first watch...

The real test will be vs. Duke... if they will be allowed to hand check the sheet out of us.

K will try to do that from the get-go... and ratchet it back if they start whistling his guys...

While a looser called game would certainly benefit us, I really just settle for a fairly called game.

After watching the preferential treatment Duke and UNC get in the ACC tourney, a level playing field on calls would be a major plus.

I saw the ticky tack on our players, but not as much on sparty... tho I do think I always see more on our players on first watch...

The real test will be vs. Duke... if they will be allowed to hand check the sheet out of us.

K will try to do that from the get-go... and berate the officials until they even up the fouls...

Fixed.

Fixed.

I was disappointed when he growled at an official over an out-of-bounds on the other side of the floor from him in the URI game, and he was up 20 with 4 minutes to go and in complete control of the game.

Too many callz against us and seeing. O calls on MICH. HORRIBLE CALLED GAME. IT STARTED TO BE A JOKE AFTER A WHILD

We'd probably be doing the same given that ratio.

My argument would be, if we were fouling more you would probably not have had 700 offensive rebounds. The broadcast neglected to correlate the fact that we needed to concede a little on the boards to try to keep some guys actually in the game. It doesnt explain all of it, not by a longshot, but it was a factor.
What bothered me most about the officiating was when WE, SU, were called for over-the-back fouls. They were ridiculous.

MSU did one of the worst jobs of attacking the zone I've seen all year. Their game plan was shoot a 3 and go after the rebound. Worked very well for the most part. I thought Sidibe, Dolezaj, and Brissett did a great job getting rebounds as the game was coming to an end.

Battle came up big at times but almost cost SU the game with those 2 late turnovers. That's 2 terrible shooting games in a row for Tyus.

I wish we weren't facing Duke next Friday but the good news is we're still in it. Hope Boeheim does something to improve the interior defense against Duke. I expected Duke to beat us from beyond the 3-point line in the first game and instead they killed us underneath the basket.