Officiating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Officiating

The Mang no call was a very close 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage imo. I mean it might have been but it wasn’t obvious. I was more worried the review was going to negate the reception by saying Shrader was past the one of scrimmage when he released the ball. Even though he wasn’t.
Mang is an interesting call though.. he is not a lineman he is an Eligible WR.. so in theory you could call PI, but college rules are not the same as PF there is no 5 yd thing.. But you dont get PI on a ball not thrown to you either .

was the call for the blindside block really a block with force? never showed a real replay in the dome.. Didnt really cause anything as we still scored though

About mid-way through the 3rd. That play where Chambers was sacked and his leg was down but they didn't call him down. We eventually sacked him, and didn't matter but they had a great camera angle of the ref with a perfect view of his leg being clearly down and not blowing it dead. If there's a replay I'll send a screenshot, I thought it was funny.

Obviously I'm on Cloud Nine right now, but it just has to be said, that was a miserably officiated game. And I very rarely complain about officiating because I know it's an extremely difficult job.

Missed calls (because I'm not a meathead I'm going to list bad calls on both sides)

-Tucker got the first down, but they called it short.
-Garrett didn't get the first down, but they originally called it a first.
-Missed targeting by State player on Garrett
-Missed offsides call on State when Garrett threw the INT
-Missed block in the back call by Garrett on a Tucker run
-Our lineman was ineligible downfield on that critical 3rd and long throw
-Some really weak holding calls on both teams in the 2nd half around the edge.

I know I'm missing some.
The whole game I was saying the same. E en the announcers said it was crazy the calls they made or didn't make

Also, pretty sure they should've flagged Pena when he decided to run after signaling the fair catch.

I think the ref was kind as he lost at least 15 yards by calling that fair catch.
they pretty much just blow the whistle now on that play and rarely throw a flag any more on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom