Class of 2016 - OG/DE Cameron DeGeorge (MA) Decommitted/Verbal to UConn | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OG/DE Cameron DeGeorge (MA) Decommitted/Verbal to UConn

Is there any thought that we might have had an opportunity to keep Cam as a DE 6-3 275 ...

Is there any thought that we might have had an opportunity to keep Cam as a DE 6-3 275 ...
How do you know he's a good DE for the college level? Maybe he's only D1 level on offense.

Didn't blame Marrone at all for it.

You insinuated it by saying "he took a turn for the worse" when he got kicked out of SU.

Well was he like that here? No. And he had success here so I guess he was a P5 player. He was playing against the same teams others were. Maybe you were more impressed with kicking a freshman AA to the curb for missing one rehab workout when others were doing a lot worse.

That's the issue, he should have never been playing here. He was not a P5 talent, whatsoever, regardless of the statistical success he had here. Just because he led the team in tackles doesn't mean he was a good player, especially when we were losing games handily.

Mele, Maljovic and Flaherty had zero lateral movement and the talent gap between them and opposing players was insanely huge. Not sure how you can disagree with that.

Rocco said:
You insinuated it by saying "he took a turn for the worse" when he got kicked out of SU. That's the issue, he should have never been playing here. He was not a P5 talent, whatsoever, regardless of the statistical success he had here. Just because he led the team in tackles doesn't mean he was a good player, especially when we were losing games handily. Mele, Maljovic and Flaherty had zero lateral movement and the talent gap between them and opposing players was insanely huge. Not sure how you can disagree with that.

I didn't blame Marrone for a choice Mele made. And if Mele was completely useless at this level then every defender was. And how do you know we didn't recruit him for other reasons in NJ? Then he wins a job. I bet I can go through every single SU roster regardless of coach and give the opinion that someone wasn't a P5 player. Every single roster.

I didn't blame Marrone for a choice Mele made. And if Mele was completely useless at this level then every defender was. And how do you know we didn't recruit him for other reasons in NJ? Then he wins a job. I bet I can go through every single SU roster regardless of coach and give the opinion that someone wasn't a P5 player. Every single roster.
Like Jaston George. Used him to try and land Funderburk. Who also wasn't a D1 player.

I didn't think Mele was very good though.

Like Jaston George. Used him to try and land Funderburk. Who also wasn't a D1 player.

I didn't think Mele was very good though.

Those are my favorite - then we get stuck with the kid that shouldn't even be playing at this level for 4 years.

Those are my favorite - then we get stuck with the kid that shouldn't even be playing at this level for 4 years.
Don't forget Paul Chiara.

How do you know he's a good DE for the college level? Maybe he's only D1 level on offense.
I don't have any idea either way we have him listed as OG/DE here, that's why I asked the question, was actually looking for an answer. Do you know if he is lower graded on D?

Now if you would kindly jump out from down by throat I would appreciate it.

tep624 said:

While there were other factors, he certainly wasn't a bad recruit. Top 50 rated WIL nationally, rated 14th best NJ prospect, 1st team all NJ etc. it's not like he was a slug. Played ST as a true frosh and then was a starter as a true soph.

While there were other factors, he certainly wasn't a bad recruit. Top 50 rated WIL nationally, rated 14th best NJ prospect, 1st team all NJ etc. it's not like he was a slug. Played ST as a true frosh and then was a starter as a true soph.

I was talking about George, not Mele. Mele would have been a decent recruit in any class we had during the past 15-20 years. He had accolades and had other P5 offers.

George didn't. He was a 1AA recruit at best.

There's a difference between a guy who really doesn't pan out or flames out (Mele) and a guy who never belonged at a P5 school to begin with.

tep624 said:
I was talking about George, not Mele. Mele would have been a decent recruit in any class we had during the past 15-20 years. He had accolades and had other P5 offers. George didn't. He was a 1AA recruit at best. There's a difference between a guy who really doesn't pan out or flames out (Mele) and a guy who never belonged at a P5 school to begin with.

Ok, got it.

Edsall said. “Cam DeGeorge is going to be starting at right guard,

DeGeorge is a redshirt freshman who has turned heads since arriving on campus. Following the graduation of Richard Levy and Andreas Knappe, it was expected he would at least compete for a starting role this season. That is exactly what has played out.

The CUSE doesn’t need any UConn transfers and not sure if anyone else does.
Wrong, Cortland St sez they need some extra depth after losing last year's Cortaca Jug again.

Seriously Cam DeGeorge possibly could challenge for some playing time but doubtful he'd consider SU after HCDB rescinded his Shafer scholarship offer.

Dont forget Noel Brouse was a SU commit too. ;)
DeGeorge redshirted his first year there and has since started 35 of their 36 games at LG. He has 2 years of eligibility left and I believe he will be eligible in the fall as a grad transfer. I have seen stats that have him listed as one of the top pass blocking interior linemen in the AAC. He might be someone we should consider, especially if Heckel cannot continue to play.

Brouse has been a backup so far. He plays tackle but if the isn’t good enough to start at UConn, it isn’t a good sign he could contribute at Syracuse.