Class of 2016 - OG/DE Cameron DeGeorge (MA) Decommitted/Verbal to UConn | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OG/DE Cameron DeGeorge (MA) Decommitted/Verbal to UConn

Yes, but how did we "say" we would Honor his Commit That is the question. :noidea:

PAcuse said:
Maybe it was a we will honor it, BUT you don't really fit the system?

No doubt. So why honor it? Nobody gets recruited to be a skout team player.

I assume this means we should expect another 3-4 of these type of announcements if I read the tea leaves correctly.

Could be. This staff has different personnel needs and a limited number of spots. Many of these kids won't "fit" in.

Happens at most schools when there is a changing of the guard.

CIL said:
Sometimes it's more "you can come here but..."

Obviously, but like I said to Pa, why honor it.

Obviously, but like I said to Pa, why honor it.
I would bet it's a situation where it was like, "Well, we see a little potential, so maybe eventually you could develop into someone who could help us, but just so you're aware, we're going to keep looking at players we like better in this cycle so it's up to you."

Surprised this staff thinks they can find better players at this stage and not wind up with B list players. Either that or they don't intend to use all of the scholarships.

No worries from me on either of the 2 OL decommitts. I'd rather Dino have as many schollys to play with as possible. Obviously we want to retain Rex, Moe, Scoop and others but for guys that aren't the greatest fit it's best we all move on.

I wish them the best of luck going forward plus DeGeorge prob has a much better chance to play at UConn than here anyway

I would bet it's a situation where it was like, "Well, we see a little potential, so maybe eventually you could develop into someone who could help us, but just so you're aware, we're going to keep looking at players we like better in this cycle so it's up to you."

With a message like that, why bother making the call? The new staff may have wanted to keep him, I don't know. Their time is limited, after all, and they're short on numbers---especially with the BG guys pulling double duty. I think folks are right in saying that the decommits weren't immediate priorities. Heckel got a call and a visit. So did Neal and Holloway. Bradshaw, Holloway, Neal, and Culpepper were brought up for a visit. Maybe the other kids got an invitation too, I don't know. But I don't think we can count on anyone who wasn't here this past weekend or hasn't received a home visit to keep their commitment.

Not a shocker...

If anyone is concerned, don't be. I'll leave it at that.

Good luck to this kid.

Can I get a Malcolm Pridgeon? Purty pleeze?????

No doubt. So why honor it? Nobody gets recruited to be a skout team player.
That is the question, does seem odd to me. Could also have been along the lines of you can come, but if we don't see X,Y, and Z you won't play. For one thing this last week has been interesting for sure.

I hope the coaches get the guys they really want or the perception is going to be we are losing kids to non-P5 schools.

Good luck to the kid but #IstandbyDino.
I don't think this kid would decommit to a non-P5 school unless he was given we will honor the commit but you don't fit what we want to do routine.

I hope the coaches get the guys they really want or the perception is going to be we are losing kids to non-P5 schools.
People on the .com are already saying stuff like the kids weren't good enough for P5 to begin with, and Syracuse was reaching on them ...

It will be interesting to see where they end up and see whom we finish with. We seem to be targeting guys with some decent offers or who are currently committed to peer programs in an effort to flip

People on the .com are already saying stuff like the kids weren't good enough for P5 to begin with, and Syracuse was reaching on them ...

It will be interesting to see where they end up and see whom we finish with. We seem to be targeting guys with some decent offers or who are currently committed to peer programs in an effort to flip

This isn't directed at you but weren't the Shafer/Marrone arguments that Shafer was getting commits with better offers and the players with no offers were players that would have had 10 offers if we hadn't found them first and schools knew how committed they were.

qdawgg said:
This isn't directed at you but weren't the Shafer/Marrone arguments that Shafer was getting commits with better offers and the players with no offers were players that would have had 10 offers if we hadn't found them first and schools knew how committed they were.

Like all things - there's some truth to this with some of the guys (Franklin/PSU, Strickland/Georgia) and others not so much.

PAcuse said:
That is the question, does seem odd to me. Could also have been along the lines of you can come, but if we don't see X,Y, and Z you won't play. For one thing this last week has been interesting for sure.

I just don't want to see us in the same situation we were with Marrone. Jettison most of the class, get his own recruits but not in the same numbers, have a few kids xfer or take their degrees and then call 9 players in the office and tell them to leave. For 2 years we heard we didn't have the depth as we sometimes had 60 something players available.

When the dust settles, I hope we are at 80+.