Class of 2020 - OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska

Don’t get your hopes up

1704649867582.gif

I was talking to an insider down here in Florida who is Gator sponsor and he said Mazzccua was pushing that he wants to be the highest paid OG in portal. If that is the case, I don't think we will be in on that.
How does he even know who is the highest paid? There’s so much BS out there it’s hard to know what guys are making.

It's stupid to give any kid any money until you see how they perform on the field. Nothing should be guaranteed. That's bad business practice

There seems to be a going rate for these guys. Doubt we would bring him on a visit if that rate was known to be outrageous beforehand. If Arkansas wants to throw some crazy bag at him then they can have him.
Agree with that. Certain elements likely get flushed out before travel is booked. We are unlikely bringing someone up without confirming if we are in ballpark range.

They have 20 games in the SEC for film.
Yeah. I thought about this after I posted. I still wouldn't guarantee a player anything until I see how they perform at Syracuse. But I don't have that kind of money to make those decisions ...so whatever

It's stupid to give any kid any money until you see how they perform on the field. Nothing should be guaranteed. That's bad business practice

But NIL can’t be based on performance on the field. So all of these deals are going to be made based on previous performance and not how you do during a season.

But NIL can’t be based on performance on the field. So all of these deals are going to be made based on previous performance and not how you do during a season.
How can it not be? I'm not saying that the school pays the player for their performance (which is not allowed). I'm saying the business is paying the player for their name, image and likeness on their product/service.

A player doesn't have a name, image or likeness that moves the needle if they don't perform ...or if they are an offensive lineman that nobody knows anyway. So, if I'm a business, I'm not giving away money to a player that is not actually going to help my product/service (meaning they better be recognizable ...meaning they have been a proven performer)

How can it not be? I'm not saying that the school pays the player for their performance (which is not allowed). I'm saying the business is paying the player for their name, image and likeness on their product/service.

A player doesn't have a name, image or likeness that moves the needle if they don't perform ...or if they are an offensive lineman that nobody knows anyway. So, if I'm a business, I'm not giving away money to a player that is not actually going to help my product/service (meaning they better be recognizable ...meaning they have been a proven performer)

It just can’t be. I don’t make the rules. The NIL rules state it can’t be performance based, can’t be anything that looks or smells like performance based. Can’t even be based on number of games played, opting out of a bowl game, or making it to a bowl game.

It just can’t be. I don’t make the rules. The NIL rules state it can’t be performance based, can’t be anything that looks or smells like performance based. Can’t even be based on number of games played, opting out of a bowl game, or making it to a bowl game.
They also said schools can’t be involved in NIL but we see how that ended up.

NFL FA signings are based on previous performance. It’s not suppose to be this way in college but NIL is based on previous performance as well.

They also said schools can’t be involved in NIL but we see how that ended up.

What schools are involved in NIL beyond what they’re allowed to do? Facilitate discussions between players and collectives. Does it happen, I’m sure. But there’s a big leap between a university having discussions with collectives and NIL beyond the rules and offering NIL based on performance. I’ve seen zero, even rumors, that any NIL deals are being made based on performance. Also, it’s a financial contract. These aren’t handshake deals.

NFL FA signings are based on previous performance. It’s not suppose to be this way in college but NIL is based on previous performance as well.

I wasn’t talking about previous performance at all. Of course NIL’s are based on previous performance. Nobody is giving CDWR a million dollars because he was a former 5 star after seeing how he played at SU. This is purely about the idea mentioned that NIL deals can be based on future performance. They can be based on what someone is hoping a person will do but can’t be performance based.

What schools are involved in NIL beyond what they’re allowed to do? Facilitate discussions between players and collectives. Does it happen, I’m sure. But there’s a big leap between a university having discussions with collectives and NIL beyond the rules and offering NIL based on performance. I’ve seen zero, even rumors, that any NIL deals are being made based on performance. Also, it’s a financial contract. These aren’t handshake deals.
Plausible deniability