Class of 2020 - OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska

Did you guys hear something I didn't while I was watching the Giants game????? As of 2pm CST I heard we had a good chance of landing this kid. What did I miss
Him. He's not coming to SU. Arkansas bound.
He committed already? Did someone hear him say this or are people guessing?

If they are going to spend money on guys this weekend I hope it’s on the two uncommitted Dline.
Lots of players still in the portal. More after spring. Some schools will continue to over pay. I do not mind nil but if that is all the player is interested in then time to move on.

Did you guys hear something I didn't while I was watching the Giants game????? As of 2pm CST I heard we had a good chance of landing this kid. What did I miss

He committed already? Did someone hear him say this or are people guessing?
Where exactly did you hear this during the Giants game? On the radio? On the internet?

If they are going to spend money on guys this weekend I hope it’s on the two uncommitted Dline.
Lots of players still in the portal. More after spring. Some schools will continue to over pay. I do not mind nil but if that is all the player is interested in then time to move on.
Yup. No need to panic. After spring ball there will be quality players that are back ups on good teams wanting to go somewhere where they have an opportunity to start.

If he chooses Arkansas over us for money so be it. Arkansas will be irrelevant next year and we should win 9-10 games. He’s going to be in the league, seems like he isn’t thinking long term.
Need an o-line to do that. Also not sure how going to another SEC school wouldn’t be thinking long term? Pocket money now and showcase for NFL?

Where exactly did you hear this during the Giants game? On the radio? On the internet?
I heard it from one of his old coaches in PG County. To be clear I dont think he spoke to the kid or his parents this morning although that is possible. But he clearly didnt hear that this kid had committed to Arkansas

Not calling you out specifically. We've just seen a ton of posts around the prospects we haven't landed this cycle (Since Fran) that are a bit over the top with the sour grapes.

Big time recruiting means you're going to miss out on a lot of good players. Kids have their own reasons for picking schools. It's not just "money" all the time.

Too many people take it personally.
We sure adjusted our expectations quickly.

I wasn’t talking about previous performance at all. Of course NIL’s are based on previous performance. Nobody is giving CDWR a million dollars because he was a former 5 star after seeing how he played at SU. This is purely about the idea mentioned that NIL deals can be based on future performance. They can be based on what someone is hoping a person will do but can’t be performance based.
So, we are basically saying the same thing

Need an o-line to do that. Also not sure how going to another SEC school wouldn’t be thinking long term? Pocket money now and showcase for NFL?
2024 Arkansas Schedule
Aug. 31 vs. UAPB (Little Rock)
Sept. 7 at Oklahoma State
Sept. 14 vs. UAB
Nov. 23 vs. Louisiana Tech
LSU (Fayetteville)
Ole Miss (Fayetteville)
Tennessee (Fayetteville)
Texas (Fayetteville)
At Auburn
At Mississippi State
At Missouri
Vs. Texas A&M (AT&T Stadium – Arlington, Texas).

Point I was trying to make is Arkansas was 4-8 this year. Their schedule next year is rough, especially with the emergence of Mizzou and Ole Miss stacking dudes from the portal. A good season for them next year is probably 6-8 wins. In the SEC that makes them irrelevant. I understand we haven't been great for two decades, but with the influx of players and our best dudes staying, we have a legit shot next year at being near the top of the much weaker ACC. Clearly a lot of that will depend on if this staff can coach and how our Oline improves.

According to ON3 we have the 4th best transfer portal team ranking. Arkansas is 14th with four peer schools ahead of them (USC, UK, Mizzou, Ole Miss). I am not bothered with any decision a college football player makes whether it includes us or not. Feels like a lateral move from one bottom SEC to another for money, which is fine. He has the right to do that.

He's painting a wood fence.

Noah's Ark was made of wood.

Therefore, Arkansas?
Makes sense.

Or...Mazz is looking for a "Master" OL coach. Sam Pittman made his rep as an OL guru - including OL coach at Georgia.

This is probably about NIL more than anything else

Makes sense.

Or...Mazz is looking for a "Master" OL coach. Sam Pittman made his rep as an OL guru - including OL coach at Georgia.

This is probably about NIL more than anything else
That’s how I took it. Someone who will mentor him.

People getting a wee bit punchy in this thread at this point. Not sure if it matters but 247 is already showing this guy is Arkansas. Maybe it's old news? Just sharing what I saw.