Ogundeko | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be nice to be one of the big boys. Many SU fans would give their first born for an EO commitment. The big boys can simply say thanks but no thanks to potential talent like this.
Blows my mind.

What would lead you to believe this? Some twitter postings, a youtube highlight tape and a NYC Gridiron video? Fact is none of us know these kids beyond a highlight tape recorded from the back row of their HS stadium.

Maybe he goes to Florida...maybe he goes to Clemson...maybe he goes to Syracuse. Who knows.

I've always felt that if he wanted to come to Syracuse, he would've made it known by now. (a-la Zach Allen) While SU was always considered, we were always plan B...or C.

All I can do is wish the kid well wherever he goes.

Yes, no one here "knows" Ebo or what he intends to do, but from all indications and from following his recruitment, I am comfortable to say that Ebo would not say SU/Clemson was in his final two and secretly be planning to go to FLorida all along. This would be a complete slap in the face to Marrone/Anselmo who he does respect, not to mention one of his closest friends, Gus, and the rest of the NYC guys here on the team, plus to Chandler Jones who Ebo has bonded with during the recruiting process. Also, if you saw the latest City GridIron episode with Ishaq Williams' dad who is a mentor to Ebo, what he said speaks volumes. Just as Marrone wouldn't want to piss off local coaches, I'm sure Ebo has been told/mentored to respect Marrone & SU during the process.

I don't know where Ebo is going to go & I don't know if he even knows at this point. BUT Syracuse is definitely on his mind and I think we have a real chance of pulling this off.

In all of this Ebo craziness, I am excited to see this thread reach 100 pages... it's the small things in life

If we had kept Ebo to 1 thread, we would be at about page 100 about now. :rolleyes:

Even if we don't hit 100 pre announcement we'll surely hit it post announcement.

Glad to see Ebo visited on a nice day, too.

From today's NY Post -

New York State’s top football prospect, Thomas Jefferson defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko, will announce his decision during the Under Armour All-American Game on Jan. 5 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound senior is down to a final two of Syracuse and Clemson.

The 2013 Under Armour All-America High School Football Game is scheduled for Friday, January 4 at 5 p.m. at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.

The UA site is crazy, it gives two different times and dates.[/quote]
And I guess the Post doesn't know what they are talking about either. LOL.

My confusion from seeing him listed on all the sites as an OLB recruit.
If you ask me, this sure sounds like what Ishaq was asked to do at ND at the "Cat" position. He struggled so much with it the first 2 years he won't be used in that position. Look for him to be in the Dog position and more of a pass situation player again next year. EO is a natural DE, and at Syracuse that is what would be expected of him, like Chandler. Anyone know if we have been visiting? We seem to be not camped out there like Clemson is. Has DM been there, I haven't seen any word on SU visits? If I missed it earlier, I am catching up after a travel weekend.

I think he's a natural DE too. Dwight Freeney type. He might be slightly more athletic than Freeney was. He seems to have the same work ethic as freeney. Ebo is very vocal about his love for working out. I can also see him in a 3-4 OLB position. Like a James Harrison type. So I get why he is getting recruited for both systems. Anslemo and Marrone have done in home visits with Ebo.

I think he's a natural DE too. Dwight Freeney type. He might be slightly more athletic than Freeney was. He seems to have the same work ethic as freeney. Ebo is very vocal about his love for working out. I can also see him in a 3-4 OLB position. Like a James Harrison type. So I get why he is getting recruited for both systems. Anslemo and Marrone have done in home visits with Ebo.

yeah... I'm sorry, but he isn't close to being as athletic as Freeney. Dwight is a rare specimen at DE. Also wary to say he has the same work ethic. One can only hope though.

I would worry about his "work ethic AFTER he is committed to Syracuse at least verbally I don't trust these kids until the fax ink is dry and transferred to the NCAA.

yeah... I'm sorry, but he isn't close to being as athletic as Freeney. Dwight is a rare specimen at DE. Also wary to say he has the same work ethic. One can only hope though.
Im not comparing Ebo (just turned 17) to Dwight Freeney now. LOL. He's a hall of famer. Im combaring him to Freeney when he came out of H.S. in Connecticut. Freeney has great techinique, understanding of the leverage, and bull rush strength. He developed a great spin move. He had to develop that with hard work at SU (and now). His measurables dont scream out freaky athletic. Pierre Paul, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Javon Kearse, etc, the 6'6 270 pound guys who run 4.6 40's are rare speciments. Right now Freeney is 6'1 270. Ebo is 6'3 240. Just speaking on pure athleticism, Im not sure Freeney was doing what Ebo was doing at age 16. I could be wrong.

I think more college are impress with him because of how hard he works. They see the upside in him. Thats why he got so many offers. The kid is a workout junkie. He rarely misses a day at working out. I think he is showing the will to make himself better. To me, that sounds like D Freeney. but that has to transfer to the field now. Whats gonna happen when he gets destroyed in practice his first year. Is he gonna fight back and get better or is he gonna run back to brooklyn to be with his mama. We will see.

Sorry boys. Im out of work all this week boys. Got nothing else to do but get on this. lol...

Keep posting. Your one of the posters that when you write something I pay attention b/c I know you know what your talking about.

Sorry boys. Im out of work all this week boys. Got nothing else to do but get on this. lol...

Agree with qdawgg...always read ur posts on the ny kids...and appreciate your input..Merry Christmas!!!!!

The bowl is going to be HUGE in landing him. In recent articles he stated that he is 50/50 us and Clemson. If we can have an awesome game which is high scoring us and our defense doing what we did to them last year, it will go a long way. EO and other recruits will be there and watching front row. If Clemson lays a huge goose egg, which I think LSU will crush them, it goes further. I think our presence at the game could be the tipping point.

I know the BCS game is a huge deal and this will be argued, but I think the Pinstripe is perfect for us and DG's vision as we rebuild (be blown out in a BCS bowl would not be good). You have hoops down there and now football making in roads. Two games in one year in NYC gets us more and more in the hearts of HS players and TV market. Add to that the work DM is doing throughout the NYS in 7 v 7 combines and all star games. What other teams are constantly in the market year in and year out? It can only help that Melo is blowing up this year and being tied to one of the greatest franchises in modern sports is priceless. The better that relationship, the better for SU.

I am hoping the ACC is working hard on picking up the connections which the Old BE had in NYC.

Im not comparing Ebo (just turned 17) to Dwight Freeney now. LOL. He's a hall of famer. Im combaring him to Freeney when he came out of H.S. in Connecticut. Freeney has great techinique, understanding of the leverage, and bull rush strength. He developed a great spin move. He had to develop that with hard work at SU (and now). His measurables dont scream out freaky athletic. Pierre Paul, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Javon Kearse, etc, the 6'6 270 pound guys who run 4.6 40's are rare speciments. Right now Freeney is 6'1 270. Ebo is 6'3 240. Just speaking on pure athleticism, Im not sure Freeney was doing what Ebo was doing at age 16. I could be wrong.
DF is a physical freak...always has been. His lack of height is actually an advantage because he is so quick off the ball.

I believe he ran a sub 4.4 forty time when he worked out for the pro scouts. I'm not sure Ebo, or any other prospect, has that kind of explosive ability. DF is truly a unique athlete with freakish abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.