Oh boy. B12 news: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oh boy. B12 news:

I was gonna call BS, but then I saw that the info was from The "Football Rumor Mill" and cincinnati.247sports.com and I realized it must be true.

Chip

Having USF, UConn, and RU in non BCS conferences would do wonders for SU's recruiting.

44Pride

Seriously you think ND can house their Olympic sports there when those schools typically do not have many Olympic sports and the ones they do all suck? Not gonna happen.

I think it is in the SEC's interest to take WV. If they do then bye bye BE BCS autobid. The SEC wants 3 bids. That would be hard to come by with as many as 8 bids tied up (6 BCS confs, ND if Top 10, non BCS if Top 10). That leaves two spots and I doubt the SEC gets both over a 2nd team from the B1G, B12, or P12. But take away the BE and that opens up another bid. Plus the fact that the ACC is getting more money with only Pitt and SU has to have the SEC thinking they could easily bump up their money with A&M and anyone.

I'm sure it would. However there are rumors that the Big 12 is going to 16 to preemtively be the first 16 team superconference and taking UConn, Rutty, and USF as well. I sure as hell hope so. I'd still prefer the ACC with you guys but if not this would be a great fallback for us and allow us to be in a much stronger football conference then you guys or BC. That would be so sweet! What I'm reading is that it's either WVU or Mizzou depending on who goes to the SEC. The Big 12 would be stupid not to try to grab some northeastern market share if us and Rutgers are just sitting there homeless IMO. BYU and TCU are coming too.

I think this would be a great move for the B12. If the deal could be worked out with Texas, it would give them:
Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor, and Missouri (for now at least), plus TCU, BYU, L'ville, Cincy and WVU.

That's a pretty strong group, and it has a nice Middle-America feel to it. If you were Cincy, and L'Ville, you would have to be excited at the prospect. WVU would be a tweener in terms of fit. But having L'Ville and Cincy so close by, they would have the same regional rivals they currently have (sans Pitt), plus picking up Texas, OK and some other good FB programs. Win/Win for them. This would really box the SEC and Big10 in to have to make a move against a conference with a little bit of clout - SEC, B12 or ACC -- and not let them just scarf up anyone they wanted. They still might get who they want, but at least the B12 would be fighting it out with them. It also limits the Pac10 to have to more aggressively pick their additions.

Of course, the idea that UConn and Buttgers could be dangling just makes me :cool:.

I gotta say 99.9% of these rumors are inaccurate how much did we hear about SU and Pitt to the ACC, or Nebraska to the B1G before these movements occured? The answer is very little because when expansion occurs it happens very quickly none of these rumors are likely to happen except BYU and/or Louisville going to the B 12 there is something going to happen there now that A&M is gone. I am just thankful unlike our conference brethren Rutgers or UConn we don't need a conference expansion boards because we are in a stable conference.

Oh, and it also makes the ACC even more of "The" Eastern Conference. Which is a very good thing.

Even if the BE loses an AQ BCS bid, the Mountain West and C-USA continue to talk about holding a cross-league championship in order to get an AQ slot. Politcally speaking I think it'd be tough to not have 6 AQ's.

1. The best non BCS team is already kinda in as it is. It isn't an auto bid but it is pretty damn close to one as long as they are Top 10.

2. For the MWC and CUSA to have that game, then NCAA would have to grant them an exemption. Would the NCAA do that? And they cannot merge for FB only as a super conference because it is too big. By NCAA rule a conf championship must have 2 divisions that play a round robin within division. That is fine for the 10 team MWC (9 conf games) but CUSA has 12 teams. They would have to either A. play 11 conf games or B. drop 2 teams.

In these scenarios, ND has another issue...

Everyone here is only talking about "Olympic" sports. ND has a football problem too.

If there is no BE football then ND loses a lot of it's bowl tie-ins. They would literally be an independent come bowl season as well. Their BCS bowl eligibility requirements could also change in a couple of years... especially if the SEC, B1G and others are eyeing 3 BCS slots.

I'm sure it would. However there are rumors that the Big 12 is going to 16 to preemtively be the first 16 team superconference and taking UConn, Rutty, and USF as well. I sure as hell hope so. I'd still prefer the ACC with you guys but if not this would be a great fallback for us and allow us to be in a much stronger football conference then you guys or BC. That would be so sweet! What I'm reading is that it's either WVU or Mizzou depending on who goes to the SEC. The Big 12 would be stupid not to try to grab some northeastern market share if us and Rutgers are just sitting there homeless IMO. BYU and TCU are coming too.

Exhibit A thru Z of what I just said about viewing this from a position of strength and stability.

Imagine having to cling onto this rumor. Thank you ACC and Gross. You decorated my life.

Exhibit A thru Z of what I just said about viewing this from a position of strength and stability.

Imagine having to cling onto this rumor. Thank you ACC and Gross. You decorated my life.

It does obviously suck to be in this position where we are clinging to rumors and such but we'll be OK in the long run. Not too worried about that. Just want to get in a power conference sooner rather than later.

If you are not really worried about it, your parents wasted a lot of money sending you to college. The very athletic future of your school is at stake. And one thing I can guarantee you, someone will be without a chair when the music stops. Someone big. and someone who right now has fans saying, we'll be alright.

If you are not really worried about it, your parents wasted a lot of money sending you to college. The very athletic future of your school is at stake. And one thing I can guarantee you, someone will be without a chair when the music stops. Someone big. and someone who right now has fans saying, we'll be alright.

I honestly don't think anyone currently in a BCS conference has anything to fear unless the Big 12 actually does collapse. The whole 4x16 super conference thing can't happen if the Big 12 is viable and the Pac 12 doesn't go to 16.

I'm concerned about how this is going to affect attendance for Saturday's game. There usually isn't a big turnout when SU plays a MAC team.

somebody between UCONN and Rutgers is going to get .. maybe not permanently for a few years though

Having to cling to that rumor which may or may not make you relevant but its disgusting either way.. As my kids would say DEESGUSTING. So glad that SU got into not only a good conference but the right one as well

If this goes down, you have the following scenario:

ACC - 14 Teams
Big 10 - 12 Teams
Big 12 - 14 Teams
Pac 12 - 12 Teams
SEC - 13 Teams

Notable Leftovers: ND, Boise St., Rutgers, UCONN, Navy, South Florida

I think the ACC would be best served adding UCONN and sit at 15 to wait on ND. I'm not convinced the Big 10 feels the need to expand beyond 12 unless it's ND, but picking up UCONN effectively blocks the Big 10 from diving any deeper into the east than Rutgers (if they'd even want them). The Pac 12 should take a long hard look at Boise and possibly one other MwC team to pair them with.

Seems to me that even with 5 super conferences South Florida could still be on the outside looking in. I don't see any conference where they logically fit.

I wonder if the SEC would consider a team like Tulane, to give Vandy a logical counterpart in the conference...would put them at an even 14 and geographically they fit. They already have examples of 2 teams per state in Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama, so why not LA too?

If this goes down, you have the following scenario:

ACC - 14 Teams
Big 10 - 12 Teams
Big 12 - 14 Teams
Pac 12 - 12 Teams
SEC - 13 Teams

Notable Leftovers: ND, Boise St., Rutgers, UCONN, Navy, South Florida

I think the ACC would be best served adding UCONN and sit at 15 to wait on ND. I'm not convinced the Big 10 feels the need to expand beyond 12 unless it's ND, but picking up UCONN effectively blocks the Big 10 from diving any deeper into the east than Rutgers (if they'd even want them). The Pac 12 should take a long hard look at Boise and possibly one other MwC team to pair them with.

Seems to me that even with 5 super conferences South Florida could still be on the outside looking in. I don't see any conference where they logically fit.

I wonder if the SEC would consider a team like Tulane, to give Vandy a logical counterpart in the conference...would put them at an even 14 and geographically they fit. They already have examples of 2 teams per state in Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama, so why not LA too?
I cannot possible see how the SEC can stay at 13...it just doesnt make any sense.

I cannot possible see how the SEC can stay at 13...it just doesnt make any sense.
I threw Tulane out there because they were a SEC charter member. They left with Georgia Tech when the Metro Conference was formed.

Remember the Gentleman's Agreement though in the SEC no Florida St(Florida) Clemson(South Carolina) Louisville (Kentucky) Georgia Tech(Georgia) LSU won't want to legitimatize Tulane by putting them in the SEC. I honestly doubt Tulane would command $$$ from the SEC's TV partners. SEC is going to get Missouri, Virginia Tech, or West Virginia for the 14th team I believe. I doubt the Turkeys would leave the ACC, but the SEC money might be able to get them and bring metro-DC, and tidewater recruiting hotbed to the SEC.

USF must really be hoping that the SEC goes after FSU, and that they get a spot in the ACC. I just don't see that being the ACC's response, even if FSU were to go to the SEC.

I don't see how BYU, WFVU, Lousyville and Cincitucky keeps Missouri in the Big XII.

Remember the Gentleman's Agreement though in the SEC no Florida St(Florida) Clemson(South Carolina) Louisville (Kentucky) Georgia Tech(Georgia) LSU won't want to legitimatize Tulane by putting them in the SEC. I honestly doubt Tulane would command $$$ from the SEC's TV partners. SEC is going to get Missouri, Virginia Tech, or West Virginia for the 14th team I believe. I doubt the Turkeys would leave the ACC, but the SEC money might be able to get them and bring metro-DC, and tidewater recruiting hotbed to the SEC.

fwiw that gentleman's agreement idea has been debunked.

I don't buy the whole gentleman's agreement.

If LSU is sincerely worried about Tulane stealing it's thunder, then LSU has a lot more problems than I ever thought they did. I view Tulane as a Vandy compliment - every conference has to have weaker teams.

I'm also curious if the Pac 12 would consider Nevada or New Mexico.

Then Florida St will be the SEC's #1 target. 20 million is nothing more than 1 yr's payout in the SEC. Each SEC team got 18.5 million per team, and if their is no gentleman's agreement the SEC would be foolish to go beyond Florida St and destroying the ACC's only program to play in the BCS championship game and its flagship program.

Then Florida St will be the SEC's #1 target. 20 million is nothing more than 1 yr's payout in the SEC. Each SEC team got 18.5 million per team, and if their is no gentleman's agreement the SEC would be foolish to go beyond Florida St and destroying the ACC's only program to play in the BCS championship game and its flagship program.

Does FSU really need an extra $5 million to risk being a medium dog when they are top dog? It isn't like $15 million a year is chump change.