Oh by the way, corner turned | Syracusefan.com

Oh by the way, corner turned

GoSU96

Living Legend
Best level of play in a couple of years.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Oh sure. That's what you said about the football team, too.

Oh, wait...

The two lines of middies are starting to really emerge.

The only way teams can defend Syracuse right now is to zone them

Agreed. IINM, SU's offense slowed down and JHU began their comeback when they went zone, no?

Best level of play in a couple of years.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Agree completely. The offense looked leathal for the first time in recent memory. The commentators mentioned that SU has some zone breakers, but I don't think they entered the game. I imagine Desko will have them working on that.

Notre Dame's zone system will be tough.

Agree completely. The offense looked leathal for the first time in recent memory. The commentators mentioned that SU has some zone breakers, but I don't think they entered the game. I imagine Desko will have them working on that.

On the last three man ups he stuff with the base offense, they didn't use a man up unit.

What I like the most is that during zone defense, SU had a lot of cutters going through and drive penetration. Just like in basketball, this will eventually lead to someone open down low or up high. I don't remember much movement on O last year when we were zoned.

On the last three man ups he stuff with the base offense, they didn't use a man up unit.

Those man up possessions were horrible to.

The man up unit has been a problem for a few years now and to me seems like its a coaching issue. There is far too much running with the ball - it's a fundamentally bad approach.

Those man up possessions were horrible to.

The man up unit has been a problem for a few years now and to me seems like its a coaching issue. There is far too much running with the ball - it's a fundamentally bad approach.

Late in the game we weren't trying to score in the EMO, we were looking to keep posession and burn clock.

With a 4 goal lead, the only things that can hurt you are turnovers, and an All-American goalie making saves.

Late in the game we weren't trying to score in the EMO, we were looking to keep posession and burn clock.

With a 4 goal lead, the only things that can hurt you are turnovers, and an All-American goalie making saves.

I agree, the last 2 EMO's looked like they were killing clock.

5 games in Syracuse is 4-16 on the season. That's 25% or bad.

2012 - 28 for 74 (39%)
2011 - 17 or 60 (28%)

I agree, the last 2 EMO's looked like they were killing clock.

5 games in Syracuse is 4-16 on the season. That's 25% or bad.

2012 - 28 for 74 (39%)
2011 - 17 or 60 (28%)

Yikes that is awful, I think they should have stayed with the original lineup they had for the man up but make sure that JoJo is out there. JoJo, Maltz, Walters, Dejoe and your choice of the others is pretty good

Yikes that is awful, I think they should have stayed with the original lineup they had for the man up but make sure that JoJo is out there. JoJo, Maltz, Walters, Dejoe and your choice of the others is pretty good

I just don't like the approach. I've never in my life seen a man-up approach that carries the ball so much as Syracuse. I don't even know what to call it - it's like a wheel where they run with the ball and then pass it backwards.

I know times have changed but the general EMO philosophy was to get the defense to commit to the ball while moving the ball as quickly as you can around the perimeter. A defense can't typically keep up when the ball is move through the air, and you get nice shooting lanes, skip passes are open and a good crease man should get a lot of shots. Everybody's EMO approach seems to be the same except for Syracuse's.

Agreed the team has improved this year but still not sure if this group is final four material. As opposed to recent history the win against UVA is turning out to be fairly inconsequential. Still a lot of big games to be played including Villanova (only lost to Maryland 10-7), Princeton, Cornell, Georgetown, and Notre Dame. Too bad we don't play Duke this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom