Oh well, regroup and get ready for Thursday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oh well, regroup and get ready for Thursday

I hope you're right. I'm not impressed with a 3 point win over a mediocre UConn team and a loss to a team with an RPI of 69. But to each their own I guess.

#2 and #3 teams lost. just cancel the tourney and give the trophy to kentucky.

#2 and #3 teams lost. just cancel the tourney and give the trophy to kentucky.

Seriously. The BE is not as bad as people think.

That is what I think will happen. A big old chip.
I don't think KJ ever plays with a chip. Maybe one of those rev limiter computer chips they put on car engines.

Looks like a typical Syracuse end of season tailspin to me. Happens almost every year. Been watching for 35 years and this is to be expected.
We lost our second game of the BET in 2003 after winning 8 straight going into that game.

We won the BET in 2005 and then lost to Vermont.

We won the BET in 2006 and then lost to Texas AM.

In 87, we lost to Gtown in the BET and went to the NC game.

In 88, we won the BET and were upset by Rhode Island.

In 96, we lost in the BET and went onto the NC game.

We've never won the BET and made the Final Four in the same year. In fact, we've never won the BET and made it past the 2nd round of the NCAAs.

I'm not sure what is "typical" about any of it.

We lost our second game of the BET in 2003 after winning 8 straight going into that game.

We've never won the BET and made the Final Four in the same year.

looks like he wasnt watching at all...

Looks like a typical Syracuse end of season tailspin to me. Happens almost every year. Been watching for 35 years and this is to be expected.

Not surprisingly [given the above post], there hasn't been anything you've posted that I've agreed with all week.

Tonight's loss sucked. Even so, the sky isn't falling.

Yea. End of season (10 games) we were 9-1. Horrible.

Probably talking about postseason. This program has terribly underachieved in postseason during JB's tenure.

I agree 100%. This team I think found something tonight and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I couldn't agree more. But where has it been? I feel like that energy was there for the first 15 games of the season. Then we decided to play at everyone else's pace. Even Bilas (I believe) said something like:
"Finally Syracuse is dictating tempo." Or it was the opposite: "Syracuse isn't dictating tempo."

Looked like we were in the 2nd half. Cincy just had a lot of answers.

44cuse

I don't know why some people are making excuses like "we needed this loss to refocus the team for the tourney run." Or that "no one stepped up tonight" yet we've been bragging about how deep this team is all year. It's widely know that we're not a good rebounding or shooting team. We've been lucky all season. Tonight it caught up to us. We're still a good team, just fans should realize that we're not invincible. Match-ups and a little luck will dictate our tourney performance.

ESPN stat - 7 times we've played in the Big East when seeded number 1 and we've only won once. Interesting stat.

This team has gotten worse. If you can't see that you're lying to yourself. This happens almost every year. JB is not good in March this isn't a new concept. This team will not make the final four. If you think youcan rely on Scoop and KJO to get you there you're in la la land just not going to happen

We've never won the BET and made the Final Four in the same year. In fact, we've never won the BET and made it past the 2nd round of the NCAAs.

I've been watching SU hoops for close to 50 years and I'm amazed that you consider this to be a "tailspin"

We struggled in the first half but turned it around in the second half. We dug a huge hole but only lost by 2

Are things not clicking offensively? Yes, but only as it pertains to our half court game and that has been the case all year. That is not a recent event. We have no interior offensive game and rely on fast breaks and points off of turnovers to generate our offense.

We're 31-2, have been able to win tons of close contests, we lose a very close game last night, and now we're in a tailspin?

I',m having my annual physical on Monday. I'm guessing it's time for the hypertension medication after 30+ years of Cuse BB.

To deal with the same issue, I always train hard before a big game like this to take the edge off .. it worked .. I didn't through my shoe at the TV this time.

ESPN stat - 7 times we've played in the Big East when seeded number 1 and we've only won once. Interesting stat.
I actually think we've never won it as the 1 seed; only made it to the finals once.

I've been watching SU hoops for close to 50 years and I'm amazed that you consider this to be a "tailspin"

We struggled in the first half but turned it around in the second half. We dug a huge hole but only lost by 2

Are things not clicking offensively? Yes, but only as it pertains to our half court game and that has been the case all year. That is not a recent event. We have no interior offensive game and rely on fast breaks and points off of turnovers to generate our offense.

We're 31-2, have been able to win tons of close contests, we lose a very close game last night, and now we're in a tailspin?

Winner, winner; chicken dinner.

No doubt that this was a team loss, but I'd put the blame on

1. a lack of defensive intensity in the first half - while Cincy was making 3s we also were not doing enough to make them difficult shots.
2. turnovers - we turned the ball over at an alarming rate for a team that has taken very good care of it all season long. 15 times tonight....almost sounds funny to call that an alarming rate given what some of our prior years' teams have done with the ball...but for this team that is way too much.
3. I feel like KJ was either sick or intimidated by his matchup. 0 rebounds and no shot attempts from inside the arc...what happened to taking his defender inside as he had done the last few games.
4. Sloppy rotating back on defense a number of times.
5. We got virtually nothing inside...we failed to convert way too many of the too few shots from within 5 feet. 10 points on field goals from inside the arc......really??? We had more attempts from behind the arc 29 than we had from inside the arc 28. Who was playing the middle for Cincy...... Ewing?

Bottom line - we could face a team like Cincinnati in the Sweet 16. Will JB finally lift that kryptonite chain off his neck?

Agree except in looking for combinations, I did not see MCW get a second glance.

Neither did Southerland (who rarely leaves guys open on his wing). He subbed out and didn't return, even though Joseph had nothing to give.

Try again, champ
Oh Lord

Bottom line - we could face a team like Cincinnati in the Sweet 16. Will JB finally lift that kryptonite chain off his neck?
BlueCurtain, absent most of this hugely successful year, comes out of his hole in the ground to offer his usual pearls of wisdom. Say hi to Buffalo Bill for me...and take good care of Precious, Blue.

BlueCurtain, absent most of this hugely successful year, comes out of his hole in the ground to offer his usual pearls of wisdom. Say hi to Buffalo Bill for me...and take good care of Precious, Blue.
Typical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom