Oh well, regroup and get ready for Thursday | Syracusefan.com

Oh well, regroup and get ready for Thursday

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
You have to give Cincy some credit. Coming out 8-10 on 3's put us in a big hole. Then, the worst FT shooting team in the BE hits them late.

I also don't see how people can pick the game apart and say KJo not doing this, or Scoop doing that or Triche not doing that cost us the game. With the exception of Dion, nobody played that well and we can go pick at any 1 possession and say What. Team loss.

JB kept searching and searching for someone to step up besides Dion and he just couldn't find that combo. The late run was great and the press had some success. The only thing I didn't understand late was why it seemed like we were holding for the last shot down 3. Not sure Dion knew how little time was left.

Dion had his career game. If he isn't en fuego from 3, we lose double digits because nobody else brought their A game.

On to Pittsburgh. I have no doubt this team will be playing the Saturday of the 2nd weekend to go to the final 4. I pity the 8/9's and 4/5's that are in our bracket.

You have to give Cincy some credit. Coming out 8-10 on 3's put us in a big hole. Then, the worst FT shooting team in the BE hits them late.

I also don't see how people can pick the game apart and say KJo don't doing this, or Scoop doing that or Triche not doing that cost us the game. With the exception of Dion, nobody played that well and we can go pick at any 1 possession and say What. Team loss.

JB kept searching and searching for someone to step up besides Dion and he just couldn't find that combo. The late run was great and the press had some success. The only thing I didn't understand late was why it seemed like we were holding for the last shot down 3. Not sure Dion knew how little time was left.

Dion had his career game. If he isn't en fuego from 3, we lose double digits because nobody else brought their A game.

On to Pittsburgh. I have no doubt this team will be playing the Saturday of the 2nd weekend to go to the final 4. I pity the 8/9's and 4/5's that are in our bracket.

I agree 100%. This team I think found something tonight and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Hell look at Kansas. Losing tonight. Duke struggled and won. Tough to win these tourneys when you have stuff locked up.

will be playing with a chip on their shoulder.

That is what I think will happen. A big old chip.

Good post, Bees. Every game I promise myself I won't go into the chat room; this merciless and raging trashing of our players gets old, quick. Maybe I'm old school. Make comments, yes, but calling guys representing your school some of the names that are thrown around is way beyond the pale. I was ready to suggest anger management counseling for a couple of people.

Best I stay away from the chat room. See if I can do it. Being so far away, I like connecting with some of the fellow fans that frequent the room.

No one player lost this game. In some ways, I think we looked past Cincy. Plus, they were shooting out of their minds early on. We dug ourselves a hole out of which it was very, very difficult to crawl. Two foul shots missed plus Scoop's turnover hurt our momentum for sure; however, those two miscues wouldn't have mattered if we hadn't made the 20-25 other bad plays.

great post bees 37-2 sounds just as good to me.. get cj and kjo healthy refocus and get after it. then let all the talking heads pick us to lose via an upset. a nice big ole chip

I also don't see how people can pick the game apart and say KJo not doing this, or Scoop doing that or Triche not doing that cost us the game. With the exception of Dion, nobody played that well and we can go pick at any 1 possession and say What. Team loss.

i hope you are right but i think from round 2 on we will be in dogfights. We just arent good enough on offense to blow many teams out. 4 double digit wins in our last 15 games

spot on

The only thing I didn't understand late was why it seemed like we were holding for the last shot down 3. Not sure Dion knew how little time was left.

One shot for the tie?

I have no doubt this team will be playing the Saturday of the 2nd weekend to go to the final 4. I pity the 8/9's and 4/5's that are in our bracket.

Damn, I wish I were as optimistic about this team as you are. I would be very surprised - maybe even shocked - to see this team playing in the East Regional Final.

They're playing their worst basketball at exactly the wrong time.

Good post, Bees. Every game I promise myself I won't go into the chat room; this merciless and raging trashing of our players gets old, quick. Maybe I'm old school. Make comments, yes, but calling guys representing your school some of the names that are thrown around is way beyond the pale. I was ready to suggest anger management counseling for a couple of people

Tonight the chat was the worst I have ever seen it. Unfortunately the "boot" function was not working tonight so we are dealing with it differently for those few "fans" who thought it was cool every other comment to say "JB you big POS" and such.

Looks like a typical Syracuse end of season tailspin to me. Happens almost every year. Been watching for 35 years and this is to be expected.

Good post, Bees. Every game I promise myself I won't go into the chat room; this merciless and raging trashing of our players gets old, quick. Maybe I'm old school. Make comments, yes, but calling guys representing your school some of the names that are thrown around is way beyond the pale. I was ready to suggest anger management counseling for a couple of people.

Best I stay away from the chat room. See if I can do it. Being so far away, I like connecting with some of the fellow fans that frequent the room.

No one player lost this game. In some ways, I think we looked past Cincy. Plus, they were shooting out of their minds early on. We dug ourselves a hole out of which it was very, very difficult to crawl. Two foul shots missed plus Scoop's turnover hurt our momentum for sure; however, those two miscues wouldn't have mattered if we hadn't made the 20-25 other bad plays.

Scoop and Jardine shot 4-9 (all 3 pointers) and had 9 turnovers combined. The 9 turnovers is crushing but how do neither one of them have any 2 points shots. horrible.

I totally agree. Tonight's loss will only make the team hungrier to win in the NCAAT. It actually may work in our favor. We played poorly in so many areas the first 15 minutes of the game. We showed a lot of fight in the 2nd half, especially the last 9-10 minutes. If Triche and Fab hit the FT's late, we're right there. Triche missing both really disappointing. KJ played poorly on defense the entire game making bad decisions when to double up high and leaving Kilpatrick, their best shooter alone in the corner several times. My only real concern is Scoop being in a funk. We need him to make a big run. I think this team will.

Damn, I wish I were as optimistic about this team as you are. I would be very surprised - maybe even shocked - to see this team playing in the East Regional Final.

ov.. you could say the same about uk.. uk played like dogshit against lsu today and if not for a friendly whistle would be going home against a much worse team than cincy.. we got punched having to play uconn a third time, and then cincy came out scorching.. we lost a game .. but we have not been challenged or scared with our full roster .. this should lock in and refocus this team.

I disagree. We took a huge punch from a UConn team fighting and clawing for their tourney lives, and we got it done. Tonight, we got in a huge hole against a hot shooting team and weren't able to claw back. We didn't give up at the end, and almost pulled it out.

UNC just beat a MD team that's barely NIT worthy, and we lose to a #4 or #5 seed? We're fine.

Tonight the chat was the worst I have ever seen it. Unfortunately the "boot" function was not working tonight so we are dealing with it differently for those few "fans" who thought it was cool every other comment to say "JB you big POS" and such.

i'll take it on me for calling those "fans" out and going overboard if some didn't grasp the context of where i was coming from, but calling players "pieces of " is too much for me to bite my tongue.

Agree except in looking for combinations, I did not see MCW get a second glance.

we also went 17-1 in a league that will get a lot of ncaa bids.. i struggle being negative about this.. this team will not flame out ..

I disagree. We took a huge punch from a UConn team fighting and clawing for their tourney lives, and we got it done. Tonight, we got in a huge hole against a hot shooting team and weren't able to claw back. We didn't give up at the end, and almost pulled it out.

UNC just beat a MD team that's barely NIT worthy, and we lose to a #4 or #5 seed? We're fine.

I hope you're right. I'm not impressed with a 3 point win over a mediocre UConn team and a loss to a team with an RPI of 69. But to each their own I guess.

That is what I think will happen. A big old chip.

I hope you are ing right brother...but man...I dont know. We have the following guys not doing well going into the NCAA's

scoop, triche, joseph...not the guys I want to be struggling.

we also went 17-1 in a league that will get a lot of ncaa bids.. i struggle being negative about this.. this team will not flame out ..

I',m having my annual physical on Monday. I'm guessing it's time for the hypertension medication after 30+ years of Cuse BB.

i'll take it on me for calling those "fans" out and going overboard if some didn't grasp the context of where i was coming from, but calling players "pieces of " is too much for me to bite my tongue.
That's the kind of stuff that made me never go back into the chatroom after my one appearance a season or two ago. Sure I get frustrated but that's embarrassing.

Why I left. That place has become a cess pool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom