Ohio Attendance | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Attendance

wiseman3

2nd String
I really wanted to be the first one to post one of these this year...never too early! Yes I know I'm crazy.

Since last week, the lowest ticket price has gone from $14 to $18.72. Comparing the ticket maps from last week to today (and excluding the obvious ticketmaster bs of hiding rows/seats that I could see, around 325 tickets were sold.

I'd expect the same this week and then hopefully a big push leading up. Very very unlikely to be close to a sell out, but I think it will at least look respectable with the new seats

I don't think the state fair is doing much to change the mind of the casual fan. We will get our 35K like normal.

Unless we had Miami coming to town week 1 not much was gonna push the needle.

The difference being instead of 70% full it will look like 85% full and if the kids show up it will sound great.

The state fair excuse again? Doesn’t that go on for a bit? Can’t people do both if we’re talking about 15 dollar tix to the game?

Starting to not care about people picking a fair over the season opener.
Especially when the fair is like 20 days long… the excuses are wild. I am showing up to this game earlier than I ever have bc I can’t wait

Especially when the fair is like 20 days long… the excuses are wild. I am showing up to this game earlier than I ever have bc I can’t wait
It's 13 days. I see you threw an extra week in there.

Lots of people work M-F, so in reality there's only 5 days to hit the fair and that's if you have no other family obligations.

Stinkin State Fair!
This reminds me... when we opened with Oklahoma in 1994 it was a state fair weekend. I do remember ESPN cutting away to the James E Strates Midway and they made it look like the Las Vegas Strip. It was impressive camerawork.

Strates still operates the Erie County Fair if any of you are nostalgic for the Enterprise.

This reminds me... when we opened with Oklahoma in 1994 it was a state fair weekend. I do remember ESPN cutting away to the James E Strates Midway and they made it look like the Las Vegas Strip. It was impressive camerawork.

Strates still operates the Erie County Fair if any of you are nostalgic for the Enterprise.

What's the one where the boobs keep popping out?

Top Spin?

Ticketmaster as of 8/20 @ 11:30AM .. we have a little work to do still.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 113632.jpg

yeah and shocked that many are surprised that the attendance won't be all the great.. yet again. How about winning some games and putting a quality product out there first
and here it is

Doug Marrone's first game against Minnesota in 2009 had 48,617 for an announced attendance. Doesn't sound like the state fair impacted that. This town likes a challenge. We need Fran Brown to come out and publicly challenge people to sell out this game. Play a video of Fran Brown before every concert appealing to the people to buy tickets to sell out the opener.

Doug Marrone's first game against Minnesota in 2009 had 48,617 for an announced attendance. Doesn't sound like the state fair impacted that. This town likes a challenge. We need Fran Brown to come out and publicly challenge people to sell out this game. Play a video of Fran Brown before every concert appealing to the people to buy tickets to sell out the opener.
Not making excuses for the current sales for the Ohio game, but I think that was a combo of people dying to see Paulus play QB and the utter happiness of GROB in the rearview mirror. With that being said, it’s too damn bad we are probably looking at 35K or so this year. Hopefully Ga Tech will be way way better

Not making excuses for the current sales for the Ohio game, but I think that was a combo of people dying to see Paulus play QB and the utter happiness of GROB in the rearview mirror. With that being said, it’s too damn bad we are probably looking at 35K or so this year. Hopefully Ga Tech will be way way better
imagine is some strange world being excited for a publicity stunt over Kyle MCcord. Yikes

I can't understand the people that genuinely get upset about this. You cannot force your interests upon somebody else. Those who care and are excited will be there and would be there regardless of who was wearing the uniform. Those on the fence will probably find another activity that day because Syracuse football isn't far up on their list of priorities. And that's fine. If we win, they will come, that's how it's always been. As long as Fran Brown, Kyle McCord, Marlowe Wax, and the rest of the crew show up to the dome on August 31 then that's all that really matters.