Ohio Bobcats (Week 1) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Bobcats (Week 1)

Obviously, the Running game on both sides of the ball is the key to the game. I do wonder if Sharod starting is gamesmanship on Dino's part and believe Courtney Jackson and Damien Alford will get a plenty of reps. Hope they move Taj all over the field. Will also be interesting to see much time Schrader gets and who gets the other NT snaps if Mckinley is out .
at the practice last friday sharrod was starting at one of the wrs with taj in the slot

This remains a tough game to call. TNIAAM had a good article where they spoke with a writer from the Ohio SB Nation site where he gave some good thoughts on why Ohio could win ie veteran offensive line, upper level to elite run game against SU's generally poor Run D from last year, game at Ohio etc.

To me a lot of this comes down to the SU run Defense and can we generate a passing game outside of Taj. I think we should be able to run the ball with a mostly healthy O line and a real nice stable of backs. I still worry about any sort of consistency beyond Taj and Benson (when we actually throw to him). Really hope we get Lutz and some of the other young O players especially at WR involved. Interested to see what Devito brings as well, Ohio doesn't have much in the way of a pass rush so he should (key is should) have time.

Also interested to see what the play calling looks like, thought it got a lot better toward the end of the season but still some mind-numbing calls in the red zone (see the 4th down spike series of calls) but SU was able to move the ball and score against NC State and ND despite a lack of playmakers and severe restraints at QB. Really hope to see a semblance of the offense we saw the first three years under Babers and not the last two years where everything was a slog.
Where the Mac has problems matching up with p5 is generally on defense. They dont have that 3rd corner, lbs that can run with the rbs and TEs, edge rushers

Ohio’s ol looks old and has very good size. Hope the lbs are stronger and Do a better job on their run fits. Carter and Labrosse need to be shamarko like in run support

Great TV shot of TJ Murray34 and his son on the CBS Sports Broadcast of the game.

I just bot back to NJ last night from Ohio and watched a replay of the game. At the end of half time the camera panned in for a long close up of TJ Murray34 and his son. It was precious. He and his family were the hit of the tailgate. I hope someone on the board can "snip" the clip to post on the board. and send it to Cj Murray34
Go Cuse

Great TV shot of TJ Murray34 and his son on the CBS Sports Broadcast of the game.

I just bot back to NJ last night from Ohio and watched a replay of the game. At the end of half time the camera panned in for a long close up of TJ Murray34 and his son. It was precious. He and his family were the hit of the tailgate. I hope someone on the board can "snip" the clip to post on the board. and send it to Cj Murray34
Go Cuse
NJ, TJ and CJ? You've lost me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom