Ohio St should beat Dayton | Syracusefan.com

Ohio St should beat Dayton

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Undersized Dayton team that does not shoot it well. Favorable matchup... OSU cannot be happy with the potential SU game though

If we play ohio st I'm very worried about craft defending ennis, don't think we can overcome ennis being a non factor.

If we play ohio st I'm very worried about craft defending ennis, don't think we can overcome ennis being a non factor.

Craft is a foul machine. He was in foul trouble over the weekend against Michigan. Hell he fouled out in our Elite 8 game if I am not mistaken

That and the few minutes G plays PG could be fugly.

CorduroyG said:

Craft won't be able to handle Ennis.

Undersized Dayton that can score points. Something Ohio State struggles to do. This will be far from a cakewalk for Ohio State.
They won't break 60

They won't break 60

Oh I think they most certainly will. Ohio State will have to score points in this game to win. Cant rely on defense only in this game. Look at the line. Even Vegas agrees

If we play Dayton I'm worried about Allen Griffin's knowledge of the SU zone being a factor. I'm only being half-serious.

I think Dayton wins. OSU is terrible on offense. Let's just say far worse than us. 122 adj oe according to kenpom. Dayton is 30th on offense. I'm leaning toward Dayton in this game.

#beatOhio

The Buckeyes don't play a slow pace like we do they just suck at shooting with Craft on the floor. If we play them the key will be that Della Valle kid who can shoot 3 pt shot well. Scott/Craft/Della Valle/Ross/Williams will be their main lineup unless Matta smartly sits Craft more for Sam Thompson. However, I think we matchup well with the Buckeyes if we get by the Broncos first.

Undersized Dayton that can score points. Something Ohio State struggles to do. This will be far from a cakewalk for Ohio State.

OSU doesn't score much inside just like we don't often. Boeheim said Dayton was the one team he didn't want to play back in Maui. They have athletes, too. Flyers all the way.

OSU doesn't score much inside just like we don't often. Boeheim said Dayton was the one team he didn't want to play back in Maui. They have athletes, too. Flyers all the way.

No doubt. I was glad to see them get picked off in Maui.

#beatOhio

The Buckeyes don't play a slow pace like we do they just suck at shooting with Craft on the floor. If we play them the key will be that Della Valle kid who can shoot 3 pt shot well. Scott/Craft/Della Valle/Ross/Williams will be their main lineup unless Matta smartly sits Craft more for Sam Thompson. However, I think we matchup well with the Buckeyes if we get by the Broncos first.

Della Valle is emerging for them absolutely. He is a key for sure.

Oh I think they most certainly will. Ohio State will have to score points in this game to win. Cant rely on defense only in this game. Look at the line. Even Vegas agrees
meet u back here on thursday lol... we'll c which one of us got it haha

Craft is a foul machine. He was in foul trouble over the weekend against Michigan. Hell he fouled out in our Elite 8 game if I am not mistaken

Can you imagine if they called him on half the fouls he commits? He'd foul out in the first 10 minutes.

meet u back here on thursday lol... we'll c which one of us got it haha

lol true. I just think Ohio State (much like us) needs to start scoring points to win games.

Della Valle is emerging for them absolutely. He is a key for sure.
He can shoot, but Matta has played Scott/Craft too much together and neither is a real good shooter. Scott is better, but if Ross is off and Matta plays Scott/Craft together they can't score enough. Also, Grant/Fair whomever Thompson doesn't guard will have a favorable matchup. I think Matta will put Ross on Fair and Thompson on Grant to prevent Grant from driving anf getting fouls/free throws.

I've actually watched Dayton all year because a family member went there... they are nothing like they were in Maui. Their good end to the year before the A10 tourney was a product of home games/playing the bottom feeders of the league, aside from the win at St. Louis(who is sliding worse than any1 right now). I can see them playing OSU tough just based on it being Ohio/Ohio, but cannot see them winning.

I've actually watched Dayton all year because a family member went there... they are nothing like they were in Maui. Their good end to the year before the A10 tourney was a product of home games/playing the bottom feeders of the league, aside from the win at St. Louis(who is sliding worse than any1 right now). I can see them playing OSU tough just based on it being Ohio/Ohio, but cannot see them winning.

Gotcha. Should be really interesting then. Seems like Syracuse, OSU, and Dayton are nowhere nearly as good as they were early on. This part of the bracket is really tough for me.

Really hoping Dayton knocks off ohio state but I don't see it happening... I respect Thad matta as a coach much more than younger miller... Come on Dayton! Either way, Syracuse is going to be in a tough one against WMU that will be very tough if Syracuse can't hit a shot.. Bottom line is, if Syracuse loses to WMU in buffalo, they have no business going further in the tournament anyways. Ohio state really worries me in the second game if it happens.. Geesh that will be a painful game

OSU is 6-3 in their last 9 games. They scored 69 points against Michigan State a week ago in a 69-67 home win. Don't know why so many are taking them so lightly. They're not what they were 2 years ago when they beat us in the foul fest game in the regional final but they are playing pretty well now after recovering from their mid season slump. They are extremely physical...which is never a good thing for CJ and Grant who do not like real physical paint battle type games.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, I have several friends who are Buckeye fans and they feel like they are a one and done team. If the Buckeyes do pull it out it certainly will be no cake walk.

OSU is 6-3 in their last 9 games. They scored 69 points against Michigan State a week ago in a 69-67 home win. Don't know why so many are taking them so lightly. They're not what they were 2 years ago when they beat us in the foul fest game in the regional final but they are playing pretty well now after recovering from their mid season slump. They are extremely physical...which is never a good thing for CJ and Grant who do not like real physical paint battle type games.
Ohio State plays elite defense, but the Scott/Craft back court limits them severely on offense. Unless Ross is hitting shots this team will struggle unless Matta smartly plays Della Velle. Craft honestly is the anti-Gerry McNamara. GMAC was an elite shooter, but wasn't a plus defender. Craft is an elite on ball defender but can't hit the side of barn consistently. Craft can make some some shots but he is a low 30% shooter. Ohio State misses Deshaun Thomas who left early to be a 2nd round pick last year. Thomas was Ohio State's C.J. Fair.

Ohio State is 2 scorers short of competing for a NC, while we are 1 consistent scorer short(Cooney).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom