Ohio St should beat Dayton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio St should beat Dayton

Not a huge fan of Ken Pom but it is helpful if you don't know a ton about a team.

Ohio State AdjO rank is 122 AdjD rank is 4

Dayton AdjO rank is 30 AdjD rank is 101

I think it will be pretty close.

Ohio State plays elite defense, but the Scott/Craft back court limits them severely on offense. Unless Ross is hitting shots this team will struggle unless Matta smartly plays Della Velle. Craft honestly is the anti-Gerry McNamara. GMAC was an elite shooter, but wasn't a plus defender. Craft is an elite on ball defender but can't hit the side of barn consistently. Craft can make some some shots but he is a low 30% shooter. Ohio State misses Deshaun Thomas who left early to be a 2nd round pick last year. Thomas was Ohio State's C.J. Fair.

Ohio State is 2 scorers short of competing for a NC, while we are 1 consistent scorer short(Cooney).

This is why I don't like the matchup. NC St isn't a good defensive team. Nor is Georgia Tech. It doesn't matter about OSU's offense. We have lots of trouble scoring. OSU does have an elite D like you said. All their guards are VERY good defenders. OSU faced much tougher defensive teams all season than SU did. Listen, I hate OSU as much as anyone and live in Buckeye country. Anyone who says this is a good matchup for us is nuts, imo. Then there is the Matta factor. First off WMU.

This is why I don't like the matchup. NC St isn't a good defensive team. Nor is Georgia Tech. It doesn't matter about OSU's offense. We have lots of trouble scoring. OSU does have an elite D like you said. All their guards are VERY good defenders. OSU faced much tougher defensive teams all season than SU did. Listen, I hate OSU as much as anyone and live in Buckeye country. Anyone who says this is a good matchup for us is nuts, imo. Then there is the Matta factor. First off WMU.

i agree. dont like the matchup. really hope dayton wins.

Undersized Dayton team that does not shoot it well. Favorable matchup... OSU cannot be happy with the potential SU game though

I'm not in love with the potential OSU matchup. Buffalo will help, and we will be slight favorites, but they are 19th overall in KenPom (4th in defense). Not exactly a weak 6 seed, and not a team that a struggling offense wants to see.

I'm not in love with the potential OSU matchup. Buffalo will help, and we will be slight favorites, but they are 19th overall in KenPom (4th in defense). Not exactly a weak 6 seed, and not a team that a struggling offense wants to see.
In all honesty, if that ends up being our rd/32 opponent, it very likely will be first team to 40 wins.

Ohio State should beat Dayton.
And we should have beaten BC, GT & NCSU.
Unfortunately for Ohio State...they have to play the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom