ok boys and girls, it's that time of year again...Preseason Progs | Syracusefan.com

ok boys and girls, it's that time of year again...Preseason Progs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
All right all you Karnacs and sooth seeers lets give it a whirl and put yourself out on the line with how you think this upcoming season will play out. For the first time since we've been doing this (10 years?) there will actually be a prize for the winner.

Here's how it'll work...predict each game with scores for SU and the opponent. If it's like in years past there will be multiple winners in the W-L part of it so we'll go to a tie breaker with closest point prediction totals. Meaning the poster who has the best and closest predictions numbers wise amongst the W-L winners wins a $50 Dino BBq gift certificate.

To keep tabs on progress I'll be sure to keep refreshing this thread every week through out the season (and no changing things once the games start in week one like the old poster ONasty tried to pull back in the day thinking nobody would notice).

So here goes mine.

SU 31 NW 17 All the new wrinkles in the O and for the first time few injury losses in preseason combined with a
newly invigorated Dome environment both structurally and amongst the fans helps the teams start

USC 38 SU 27 There aint no stopping Barklay, Lee or Woods. Doesn't help half the crowd of this "home" game is
routing for USC

SU 41 Stoneybrook 24 Yeah we play an FCS game too. But the opponent is championship caliber with some FBS
kids there. Nasssib shines but game is once again closer than any of us would like.

SU 28 Minn 27 Slashton Broyld get comfortable with the scheme and shows us what we can expect in the future
winning this one with great plays

Pitt 30 SU 20 Pitt essentially has 3 weeks to prepare for us, we have a let down after a good overall start.

SU 24 RU 21 We're heading up (ACC), they're heading down. Revenge factors in for a game we essentially gave
away has kids hypermotivated for this one.

SU 30 UConn 20 The Paul Pasqualoni curse is officially closed (over).

USF 28 SU 24 Sr. BJ Daniels has a great day and we're in Fla. vacation mode after another decent 5-2 start.

Cincy 21 SU 16 GD Munchy and we're starting another late season swoon after injuries rear their ugly head.

Lvill 27 SU 24 Another mobile qb gives us fits. Fear of another end of season disaster is feared...but

SU 24 Missou 23 No way another 5 game slide. This team has too much talent. Helps that Missou has two tough
SEC foes before us, overlooks us as a northeast team that can't be good. LIke us in '87
with Auburn and WVU against Georgia and other SEC foes the northeast boys show they can
compete AND win.

SU 38 Temple 13 We can say it again...we're Syracuse, they're Temple. Nuff said

So there it is 7-5 and the program is on it's way back, with another Pinstripe bowl fiesta for 'Cuse fans (from my keyboard to Gods ears).

Syracuse vs. Northwestern (W) 24 - 21

Syracuse vs. So. Cal. (L) 20 - 34

Syracuse vs. Stony Brook (W) 35 - 10

Syracuse @ Minnesota (W) 28 - 20

Syracuse vs. Pitt (W) 17 - 14

Syracuse @ Rutgers (W) 14 - 10

Syracuse vs. Connecticut (W) 24 - 17

Syracuse @ South Florida (W) 31 - 23

Syracuse @ Cincinnati (L) 17 - 24

Syracuse vs. Louisville (L) 10 - 20

Syracuse @ Missouri (L) 28 - 34

Syracuse @ Temple (W) 42 - 24

We only have one home game in our last five games. I think we have a slide there.
8-4 (5-3)

quote="Cuseregular, post: 330572, member: 185"]...were Syracuse, their Temple. Nuff said
[/quote]

I had to laugh at this. I know what you meant and I like it, but it could easily be read the grammatical way which would put an entirely new meaning on your statement.

/grammar police warning:

It's we're, and they're, not were and their.

quote="Cuseregular, post: 330572, member: 185"]...were Syracuse, their Temple. Nuff said

LOL, got ya. That's what one gets when trying to crank out a post near midnight after a long weekend with the ipad battery slipping to 2% wanting to get it done before the dead battery vaporizes the long post to the ethers...

My teachers from the 9 years of post secondary education could've said it better themselves...I'll go back and fix it.

Syracuse vs Northwestern - W
Syracuse vs USC - L
Syracuse vs SB - W
Syracuse @ Minnesota - L
Syracuse vs Pittsburgh - W
Syracuse @ Rutgers - L
Syracuse vs Uconn - W (on the fence with this one coach p's teams usually start slow out the gate and pick up steam would feel better if we played them earlier)
Syracuse @ USF - L
Syracuse @ Cincinnati - L
Syracuse vs Louisville - L
Syracuse @ Missouri - L
Syracuse @ Temple - W

5 - 7. We are getting better, but so are other teams. Anything above this and I will be more than happy.

Su/NW-- 20-13 W
Su/USC-- 45-7 L
Su/SB--31-10 W
Su/Minn--20-17 W
Su/Pitt-- 13-3 L
Su/Ru-- 24-17 W
Su/Uconn--14-10 W
Su/USF-- 28-20 W
Su/Cinci--27-14 L
Su/Lville-- 35-17 L
Su/Mizzou--28-7 L
Su/Temple--21-10 W

cuse 29 nw 21 W
cuss 22 usc 35 L
cuse 38 Sbrook 14 W
cuse 31 mn 21 W
cuse 24 Pitt 21 W
cuse 26 girls 17 W
cuse 30 paul 20 W
cuss 21 sf 24 L
cuse 26 cincy 22 W
cuss 28 LV 31 L
cuss 22 show me 25 L
cuse 28 owls 14 W

Final 8-4

This team could win anywhere between 3 and 8 games without me wondering how it happened.

So put me on record as saying no prediction.

Oh, and on a related note, if we cross paths this season, I'll be the nervous guy hugging the bottle of Jack Daniels.

Because teams always need to be able to point to someone and say nobody believed in us...

Syracuse 24 Northwestern 31 - L
Syracuse 21 USC 45- L
Syracuse 31 SB 10 - W
Syracuse 20 Minnesota 24 - L
Syracuse 24 Pittsburgh 27 - L
Syracuse 28 Rutgers 17 - W
Syracuse 20 Uconn 27 - L
Syracuse 31 USF 17 - W
Syracuse 28 Cincinnati 31 - L
Syracuse 21 Louisville 38 - L
Syracuse 24 Missouri 35 - L
Syracuse 28 Temple 17 - W

4 and 8. No bowl. Lots of frustration and hand wringing. Not the greatest exit from the BE we envisioned. I look forward to being proven wrong.

image-buttonffflameon-primary-watermark.jpg

Syracuse 24 Northwestern 23 No reason other then the drinking in of the pre season Kool Aid

USC 45 Syracuse 10 USC will be back this year

SU 48 SB 6 If were improved it has to be

Minn 28 SU 14

SU 31 Pitt 22 turning point of the season

SU 23 Rutgers 15

SU 17 UConn 10

SU 35 USF 31

SU 32 Cinncy 14

Lville 31 SU 20

Miss 24 SU 19

SU 32 Temple 17

8-4 ( Another Kool Aid soaked prediction) but hey thats what pre season is for ( For all fanatics)

5-7

W - SB, Minny, Schpitt, The Girls, UConn

L- NW, USC, USF, Cincy, Ville, Mizzou, Temple

Cuse 24 nw 17 W NW starting new QB this year, so I expect their first game will be a challenge for them
Cuse 14 usc 38 L Too much O from USC for us to handle
Cuse 35 Stony Brook 14 W We better win this one
Cuse 28 mn 13 W Not expecting Minnesota to be improved from last year
Cuse 14 Pitt 28 L
Cuse 31 girls 10 W I know this is a lot of points against RU's D, but this pick is more hope than anything else. The one game I want to win more than any other.
Cuse 28 UConn 7 W We WILL beat UConn this year
Cuse 21 USF 24 L USF's D won't be good, but I think BJ Daniel's scrambles his team to a victory
Cuse 28 Cinci 27 W This is a tossup, as far as I'm concerned
Cuse 21 'Ville 20 W We slow down Bridgewater just enough
Cuse 17 Mizzou 35 L At Mizzou? A win ain't happening
Cuse 35 owls 10 W Cap off a good season with a win

8-4 Going to a bowl.

Syracuse vs. Northwestern (W) 35 - 17

Syracuse vs. So. Cal. (L) 27 - 37

Syracuse vs. Stony Brook (W) 30 - 21

Syracuse @ Minnesota (W) 28 - 20

Syracuse vs. Pitt (W) 21 - 20

Syracuse @ Rutgers (W) 27-14

Syracuse vs. Connecticut (W) 17 - 10

Syracuse @ South Florida (W) 31 - 21

Syracuse @ Cincinnati (L) 17 - 27

Syracuse vs. Louisville (w) 17 - 14

Syracuse @ Missouri (L) 24 - 37

Syracuse @ Temple (W) 42 - 17
9-3!

Oh, and on a related note, if we cross paths this season, I'll be the nervous guy hugging the bottle of Jack Daniels.

Just to clarify, are you hugging or hogging that bottle.

Shaking my head yes to most of Cuseregular's Post. I'm stealing some of his writing and will change some as I see fit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SU 31 NW 17 (1-0) All the new wrinkles in the O and for the first time few injury losses in preseason combined with a
newly invigorated Dome environment both structurally and amongst the fans helps the teams start (Couldn't had said better) 38k/33k actual

USC 35 SU 20 (1-1) Cuse stays close for awhile but too many 4/5 stars for SU...The crowd is 45,000ish, many wonder why this wasn't played at the Dome. Have faith as the crowds will get better for MetLife games as we get better.

SU 48 Stony Brook 17 (2-1) We put it all together...Loeb and Hunt play 32k/26k

SU 35 Minn 31 (OT) (3-1) Minnesota is much improved and SU barely escapes in OT.

SU 31 Pitt 14 (4-1) Friday night lights and we put it all together, good vibe in town creates a nice walk-up for the best crowd of the season. 46k/43k We garner a few Top 25 votes and ranked about 37th.

SU 17 RU 14 (5-1) Defensive struggle but Cuse fans enjoy a glorious day tailgating in Johnson Park and see a solid road win. We garner more Top 25 votes but ranked about 30th.

SU 42 UConn 17 (6-1) Friday Night Lights, last UConn game, Bye-Bye to Coach P, hello Bowl Game! Cuse has their best win of the season and bursts into the Top 25 (22nd)! Best crowd of the year 47k/44k

USF 29 SU 28 (OT) (6-2) Thud...well played game but Skip Holtz unexplicitably goes for 2 in OT on the 1st series after we scored and gets it. Drop out of Top 25...ranked 27th

SU 17 Cincy 10 (7-2) GD Munchy sees improved speed and DL pressure. A nice away win vaults SU back into the Top 25 (23rd)

Louisville 27 SU 17 (7-3) This game makes ABC regional at 3:30pm. Huge crowd, much hype. Too much Bridewater and Cuse players overhyped for their biggest game of their careers. Cuse never really was in it and crowd goes home unhappy. Falls out of Top 25 (30th) Near sellout 48.5k/46.5k

Mizzou 21 SU 20 (7-4) Tough away game enviroment and SU players down after UL game. We play well but Mizzou holds on. Loses more votes and falls to about 37th.

SU 36 Temple 13 (8-4) More Cuse fans at game than Temple fans. Ricky Krautman kicks 5 fgs enroute to an impressive win. We rise in the rankings to 29th.

So there it is 8-4 and the program is on it's way back. The Yankees request Syracuse again, the Big East tell them No...the Yankees say FU and threaten to not renew the contract. The BE backs down and Cuse gets the PinStripe Bowl vs a 6-6 WVU. The game is a sellout (55% SU/45% WVU) and Cuse wins by 3pts, keeps Trophy! Ends up 9-4, ranked #25!

Syracuse vs. Northwestern (W) 31 - 21

Syracuse vs. So. Cal. (L) 20 - 34

Syracuse vs. Stony Brook (W) 45 - 21

Syracuse @ Minnesota (W) 24 - 20

Syracuse vs. Pitt (W) 30 - 24

Syracuse @ Rutgers (W) 24-17

Syracuse vs. Connecticut (W) 27 - 21

Syracuse @ South Florida (L) 20 - 28

Syracuse @ Cincinnati (W) 33 - 24

Syracuse vs. Louisville (L) 20 - 23

Syracuse @ Missouri (L) 27 - 28

Syracuse @ Temple (W) 35 - 24

8 - 4
War Damn Otto!

Reserve the right to revise and extend up to 9/1.

SU 27 NW 20

USC 48 SU 10

SU 38 Stoneybrook 13

Minn 20 SU 17

SU 31 Pitt 30

SU 24 RU 17

SU 38 UConn 20

USF 38 SU 17

Cincy 31 SU 10

SU 24 Lville 20

Missouri 38 SU 10

SU 17 Temple 13

Syracuse vs. Northwestern (W) 24 - 17- Nassib to Sales to win it with under 5 minutes left.

Syracuse vs. So. Cal. (L) 14-42- Close at the start, then pure talent takes over. USC is on another level.

Syracuse vs. Stony Brook (W) 31 - 21- We put them away late. SB is a good FCS but still way too close for comfort.

Syracuse @ Minnesota (L) 21 - 24- The Gophers beat us again in a heartbreaker. Broyld has a costly fumble late.

Syracuse vs. Pitt (W) 24 - 20- Marrone finally beats PITT, Sunseri picked 3 times. Smith runs wild.

Syracuse @ Rutgers (W) 27-7- Motivated SU comes in and sends a message to RU.

Syracuse vs. Connecticut (W) 20 - 10- We shut down the freeze and dominate the skill positions.

Syracuse @ South Florida (L) 17 - 31- BJ Daniels dominates in an easy win for USF.

Syracuse @ Cincinnati (L) 10 - 24- Muchie eats our skyline chili lunchie.

Syracuse vs. Louisville (L) 24 - 27 (OT)- We are better all game but fall apart in 4th and OT.

Syracuse @ Missouri (L) 14 - 31- Mizzou happy to get a break from SEC. Handle us.

Syracuse @ Temple (W) 35 - 17- Must win for Marrone, we get it done in Philly. A young team builds confidence with a bowl invitation.

6-6. Another good start with slow finish. Hope builds going into the ACC with a young talented team. We play in the Beef O'Brady's bowl against Houston. We win 48-42. Onto the ACC and 2013.

I swear I am not on any heavy drug use but I see a great year ahead.
10-2. The Big East is always a crapshoot and It is our turn.

Su 21 NW 10
SU 14 USC 17 - Our DB's have a great game.
SU 41 Stoned Dudes 14 - Plenty of time to test the back ups.
SU 21 MINN 10 Defense starts to dominate.
SU 14 Pitt 10 Too much time off for the Panthers, they will probably change head coaches somewhere in that layoff.
Su 32 Rutgers 17 Bad call on punt cost us game last year. PAYBACK.
SU 27 UCONN 24 Our turn.
SU 24 USF 27 Few bad bounces, cant win them all.
SU 17 Cinci 7 Nation pays attention to our new attitude.
SU 35 Louisville 21 Louisville did not prepare for this New look Orange.
SU 23 Mizzou 21 Despite our record they look past us and we pass over them.
SU 48 Temple 21 Good Bye Big East we have the BID.

Syracuse vs. Northwestern (W) 27 - 24. I don't like purple koolaid, prefer orange.

Syracuse vs. So. Cal. (L) 10 - 49. Trojans are in a dogfight for #1 and are looking to impress.

Syracuse vs. Stony Brook (W) 45 - 6. Frustrations from the prior week taken out.

Syracuse @ Minnesota (W) 24 - 14. Gophers have only played cupcakes to this point, we're used to a higher level.

Syracuse vs. Pitt (W) 28 - 24. Panthers have owned us on scoreboard lately, but play was closer for some portions.

Syracuse @ Rutgers (W) 17 - 14. RU could be imploding if SFU, Arkansas, UConn stretch has already dashed their hopes for the season.

Syracuse vs. Connecticut (W) 35 - 17. About time for a big win vs. these guys.

Syracuse @ South Florida (L) 17 - 28. Winning streak goes to our heads and team lets down after clinching bowl bid very early.

Syracuse @ Cincinnati (L) 21 - 30. If one of my W picks was wrong, people will start worrying about another late season swoon.

Syracuse vs. Louisville (W) 38 - 35. Return home just what we needed. Game of the Year candidate.

Syracuse @ Missouri (L) 17- 24. Hoping they're more beat up than us, but still don't see a victory.

Syracuse @ Temple (W) 31 - 20. Walter Washington isn't there anymore.

8-4 (6-2)

Not overallyoptimistic about this team but I can't wait for the season to start.

Cuse 24 northwestern 21 W

Cuse 10 USC 41 L

Cuse 35 Stony Brook 14 W

Cuse 24 @ minn 21 W

Cuse 17 Pitt 31 L

Cuse 20 @ Rutgera 17 W

Cuse 27 Uconn 21 W

Cuse 10 @ South Florida 21 L

Cuse 21 @ Cinci 41 L

Cuse 17 Lville 31 L

Cuse 10 @ mizzou 37 L
Cuse 17 @ Temple 13 W

6-6 and I could see as many as 8 wins as few as 3. Hope I'm wrong love to get 9 or 10

This thread should probably be pinned at the top for a while.
that's a good idea and maybe all year long. it would save me the trouble of having to always go back pages to find it. Hey a $50 Dino gift cert is nothing to sneeze at worthy of special thread treamtent :)

that's a good idea and maybe all year long. it would save me the trouble of having to always go back pages to find it. Hey a $50 Dino gift cert is nothing to sneeze at worthy of special thread treamtent :)
Maybe go one more: pin it and lock it on Opening Day to preserve the picks. You'd just have to start a new thread(s) to comment on how things are going.

I didn't catch that Dino food was on the line and made a probably overly optimistic prediction. Gonna stick with it though - not even Dinosaur would remove the sour taste of a correct prediction of a poor record.

SU 30 NW 24

USC 40 SU 24

SU 31 Stony Brook 20

SU 27 Minnesota 16

SU 24 Pitt 21

RU 20 SU 17

SU 34 UConn 23

USF 31 SU 20

SU 30 Cincy 21

Lville 33 SU 24

Missouri 27 SU 24

SU 27 Temple 20

7-5 with a decent shot at 8-4 if they can win in Piscataway. The only sure loss is USC, and I don't feel overly optimistic about Mizzou or USF either. The rest, I would not be shocked at all with Ws.

I feel we are going to put it together a bit this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom