OK Fellow degenerates, KY Derby 2018... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OK Fellow degenerates, KY Derby 2018...

there was no logic used for most of those races.

holy crap was it wet.. most rain in the history of the event.. it was over your shoes. by the 6th race you couldnt use a program to handicap. there was no place to sit and your clothes and wallet were soaked thru.. lucky it wasnt too cold.

I hit the triple and i had 6 horses underneath it for the super but i never would have had that horse in 4th.. I did have my boy jack who finished 5th so that cost me $1-2K..

just a crazy day.. did anyone see any videos of the strip tease act? some crazy mud wrestling in full suits.. some dude in full Russell Crowe gladiator outfit and hundreds more.

Lots of passed out youngins too.

I’d love to know how she found Funny Duck outside of she thought it was a funny name
Hell, she had it for a $1 on an $18 bet, which means she probably had at least 2 singles, and then went 3 deep in two races and 2 deep in the other. If she singled Funny Duck, that would be amazing.

i didnt play the pick 5. was it all at Churchill? I didnt bet the races after the derby but i had the 2 triples before it and the Derby triple. I had thew inner of the last race but I didnt hit that triple.

Justify will crush in Preakness and then have to face a bunch of well rested horses going 1.5 miles at Belmont..

i didnt play the pick 5. was it all at Churchill? I didnt bet the races after the derby but i had the 2 triples before it and the Derby triple. I had thew inner of the last race but I didnt hit that triple.

Yeah it was races from derby and then the 4 before. Brutal sequence. I had 4 of 5 but obviously not Funny Duck. The payouts on big days like that are crazy even if if's rather chalky sequence ut can be really lucrative.

I had a KY derby future bet with Justify at 12-1, took it after his first race but still wound up down for the day. Not a great day. Just didn't see the 4th place finisher being in the mix. Thought Lone Sailor would be the 4th place finisher or Noble Indy. Had the wrong horse out of Louisiana. It was about 5 horses that actually were running and the other 15 were staggering to the finish.

45.1 first half was staggering. Justify is a freak for sure. mendohlson had no shot from the break as he was just DESTROYED out of the gate.

Good Magic and the 3rd place finisher ran really well too

Last edited:
Not the worst day at the track I have ever been at, but when its been that bad before we leave and go bet in a Bar.. no way to do that here. We couldnt even use our phones, lucky I had done so much before I got there so i just had to look at a sheet I was trying to keep dry.. It was almost impossible to bet as the windows were jammed with people trying to get out of the rain.

Not the worst day at the track I have ever been at, but when its been that bad before we leave and go bet in a Bar.. no way to do that here. We couldnt even use our phones, lucky I had done so much before I got there so i just had to look at a sheet I was trying to keep dry.. It was almost impossible to bet as the windows were jammed with people trying to get out of the rain.

I have been to the derby 2 times, last time was when Chrome won and I left thinking I probably would not go back for some time and the weather was perfect that day. I am going to the Breeder's Cup at Chruchill but the attendance for that last time was about 85,000 not 190,000 or whatever the derby draws. It's really ridiculous

Hell, she had it for a $1 on an $18 bet, which means she probably had at least 2 singles, and then went 3 deep in two races and 2 deep in the other. If she singled Funny Duck, that would be amazing.

Funny Duck would have been one of the last 2-3 horses that I would have played in the Pat Day mile. Good for her

my kid has decided that if we ever go back we pay the bucks to get seats, but not even sure they were under enough cover.

my kid has decided that if we ever go back we pay the bucks to get seats, but not even sure they were under enough cover.

Last time I went, one of our bigger suppliers paid for good seats, they weren't under cover but were good seats. Like I said, weather was great that day so no issues but when the weather goes bad it's just a mess

the real answer is just to to the Belmont and sit inside behind the windows and stay dry.. or go to Gulfstream where it never rains

Slight divergence but, I lived in Indiana for a few years. During that time I was able to attend the Kentucky Derby once and the Indy 500 once. I’m not a horse racing nut nor am I a racing nut. But given the choice, I’d take the Indy 500 over the Kentucky Derby all day long regardless of weather.

Slight divergence but, I lived in Indiana for a few years. During that time I was able to attend the Kentucky Derby once and the Indy 500 once. I’m not a horse racing nut nor am I a racing nut. But given the choice, I’d take the Indy 500 over the Kentucky Derby all day long regardless of weather.

A typical weekend day at Saratoga or Keeneland are far more enjoyable racing experiences than the KY Derby, there is simply too many people at Churchill even on a good weather day to have a good time because every area whether it be betting windows, restrooms, concessions etc are just overloaded

Yeah it was races from derby and then the 4 before. Brutal sequence. I had 4 of 5 but obviously not Funny Duck. The payouts on big days like that are crazy even if if's rather chalky sequence ut can be really lucrative.

I had a KY derby future bet with Justify at 12-1, took it after his first race but still wound up down for the day. Not a great day. Just didn't see the 4th place finisher being in the mix. Thought Lone Sailor would be the 4th place finisher or Noble Indy. Had the wrong horse out of Louisiana. It was about 5 horses that actually were running and the other 15 were staggering to the finish.

45.1 first half was staggering. Justify is a freak for sure. mendohlson had no shot from the break as he was just DESTROYED out of the gate.

Good Magic and the 3rd place finisher ran really well too
Hofburg was moving fastest of all through the stretch, but had far too much to do. Talented colt, still learning. Bill Mott will make some noise with him down the road, perhaps in the Travers.

Hofburg was moving fastest of all through the stretch, but had far too much to do. Talented colt, still learning. Bill Mott will make some noise with him down the road, perhaps in the Travers.

Yeah, he seems like he could be real good down the road. Will be interesting to see what Colts continue to make progress moving forward. Obviously Justify and Good Magic will be tough and My boy Jack may prove to be better on the turf down the road. People who don't follow racing all that closely sometimes fail to realize how young these horses actually are. Some peak earlier but look at Gun Runner who hit his peak a year or so after the derby and just started to roll after that.

I would agree with you though other than GM and Justify if I had to pick one horse who we will see much bigger and better things from at a later date it would be Hofburg. Pletcher's horses never stick around that long so doubt it will be any of his horses. His derby winner from last year hasn't won a race since and really looks like he might be done at this point

the 6th consecutive year and eighth time in 10 years (2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018) that NBC’s Derby coverage averaged at least 15 Million Viewers

I was hoping Hofburg would get it done.. Had a bunch of money with that upset, but it wasnt meant to be.

For the first time now Justify will have to run off the normal schedule. we will see how he goes in the Preakness.