OK- I'll say it... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OK- I'll say it...

I know its only All-Star games & they really don't mean much- but am I the only one who's noticed that DC2 has looked better than Noel?
The kid has a Wes Unseld/Kevin Love-like outlet pass, rebounds like a beast, and moves like a senior year Arinze Onauku...before ever setting foot on a college floor. He looks amazing out there.
Noel OTOH, has seemed kinda disinterested, although the shot-blocking skills are self-evident.
Lets just say I'm alot less worried about a NN commit after seeing what DC2 brings to the table.
Rak & DC2 on that baseline, not to mention Grant, Dirty, CJ, & Baye- will be a load next season!

No you’re not and I think Noel is over rated. Didn't think for a second that he was a one and doner either. All he does is block or alter shots. No real offensive game, super skinny and not a strong rebounder. Will get pushed around a lot inside when in college. He’s not super tall either, I’d say what maybe 6’9 ? Almost sort looked like Keita.

think what you want.

Have you watched Davis play? Kid is special. Knocks down 19 foot jumpers, 8 foot jump hooks, can post up and hit turn around jumpers over the defender, can dribble around you and shoot a short jumper or slam it, is an adept passer, blocks everything around the rim, can handle the rock, runs the floor like a deer and jumps out of the gym.

Noel is athletic, can block shots and run the floor but not much else. He's not even in the same galaxy as Davis is offensively.

Noel is light years ahead of DC2 on defense. D2's biggest problem as a frosh will not be rebounding, passing or scoring, it will be defense in a big way. He needs to get even more mobile.

His (DC2's) man beat him down the court a bunch of times in the MD's game. That happens in front of JB and he's coming out.

I'd like to see him 20 pounds lighter.

i think Davis is going to be really special in the NBA

With the current state of big men in the NBA, I see almost no way Davis busts in the pros...unless he just mentally breaks down and can't handle it. Playing at UK helps in that regard.. its as close as you can get to being on a pro team. Izzo was saying he doesn't think he has developed even 25% of what he is going to be. That is scary.

No question, He's a young KG!

I almost feel bad saying that, because KG is one of the greatest players ever and it's a tough standard, but yes, I think that is absolutely the kind of player Davis can be.

No you’re not and I think Noel is over rated. Didn't think for a second that he was a one and doner either. All he does is block or alter shots. No real offensive game, super skinny and not a strong rebounder. Will get pushed around a lot inside when in college. He’s not super tall either, I’d say what maybe 6’9 ? Almost sort looked like Keita.
You have captured my feelings. The hype and expectations are out of whack. People thinking he is better than A Davis are nuts.

His O is raw. I think he is averaging only 10-12 ppg in high school. He could improve to a point where he may give a Fab like defensive presence next year - but he doesn't weigh nearly as much as Fab.

I think who he replaces is a big reason SU will get him. He is not A Davis and he knows it. If he went to UK the comparisons would be unavoidable. At least here, when compared to Fab, you are not replacing a fan favorite that took your team deep. Who would you want to replace?

I made a less than flattering comment about Coleman's performance after the McD's AA game. I think it's fair to say that he played with more energy, looked more comfortable and was generally more assertive in the AA HSC today. These All-Star games need to be taken with a grain of salt and I still think DC will need to improve his conditioning to play more than 10 to 15 minutes per game in a BE schedule. But the talent, ability and tools are there. Sooner or later he is going to be a dominant force on both ends of the floor. Personally, I think it will be his sophomore year when we see what kind of real impact he can make for us.

Also, I try not to get caught up in the speculation and "what ifs" regarding Noel but I have to admit that the Grant / Coleman / Noel line looked awfully attractive.

He was the best bigman in both games. He was the leading rebounder in both games, showed great skills and basketball IQ. Your criticism of his conditoning is unjustified. He's big, not out of shape.

Ditto
He was the best bigman in both games. He was the leading rebounder in both games, showed great skills and basketball IQ. Your criticism of his conditoning is unjustified. He's big, not out of shape.

what were Colemans final stats in this game?

what were Colemans final stats in this game?
9 points 1 2 boards in MaCD's and 6 points and 12 boards in the second game. He hardly touched the ball on offense but whem he did he had great moves.

Without having watched the second game, for those commenting about his conditioning ... those games are set up for the G/Fs to run it up and down the court as fast as possible attempting to get a highlight play. There is little point for a C/PF to even bother getting across halfcourt, because you might have a single PG who looks to feed the post, even if he has perfect position. I watched the first five mins of the McDs game and felt a little bad for Dajuan, as you could see he was hustling from baseline to baseline, but he wasn't getting a sniff of the ball, unless he rebounded it. Unless SU adopts the Loyola Marymount offense, he'll be fine. I'd take 12 rebs from him per game and start printing "top 5 rebounding team" t-shirts. Someone probably is.

Kev