OK, Kids, Who Is Our First 2025 Commit? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK, Kids, Who Is Our First 2025 Commit?

Strange days indeed.
Benedict Cumberbatch Movie GIF

I said it another thread. We are going to get commits earlier than we usually. We usually get a flurry of commits around June during the summer. That’s when things really start getting busy for Syracuse football recruiting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have 6+ commits by June. Like GOOD players committing. Strange will be one, Jabree is likely, pretty confident we’ll have a QB committed by June as well
I think what is critical for this class is to get 6-8 early, high value commits that start recruiting for us as well, and then have a successful season. You add those two together and we should be very successful down the stretch and come portal time.

I said it another thread. We are going to get commits earlier than we usually. We usually get a flurry of commits around June during the summer. That’s when things really start getting busy for Syracuse football recruiting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have 6+ commits by June. Like GOOD players committing. Strange will be one, Jabree is likely, pretty confident we’ll have a QB committed by June as well
That's not quite correct. In recent years we have been getting commitments in April and May. Probably because Juniors can now take OVs as early April 1st.

With several 2025 targets taking unofficial visits to the 'Cuse this weekend, do you think we get any commitments?

With several 2025 targets taking unofficial visits to the 'Cuse this weekend, do you think we get any commitments?
I would hope that kids wait until April 1 and start taking their OVs instead of committing on a Junior Day visit.

I would hope that kids wait until April 1 and start taking their OVs instead of committing on a Junior Day visit.
Curious as to why. I grant you that we have not traditionally landed a lot of early commits. I also recognize that early commits are often prone to de-committing.

But with this coaching staff, and especially the staff's connections with several of the NJ players who are visiting this weekend, why do you feel that it's better if they don't commit while they're here?

Curious as to why. I grant you that we have not traditionally landed a lot of early commits. I also recognize that early commits are often prone to de-committing.

But with this coaching staff, and especially the staff's connections with several of the NJ players who are visiting this weekend, why do you feel that it's better if they don't commit while they're here?
Because it's a Junior Day visit. Which means they are only allowed on campus Saturday. They don't get to see everything the university has to offer, as they do on OVs. Also a large portion of their visit will probably be watching a BB game with who knows how many other prospects the coaches bring in for the day. If I'm a parent I tell my kid to take his time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom