OK Problem Solvers: I have a conflict with a wedding and March Madness | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK Problem Solvers: I have a conflict with a wedding and March Madness

No, but both people getting married are OSU alums. (the more I type, the worse this is getting for me).

Or easier for you to decide not to go...the more you post, the less guilty it seems you should feel...

Wedding of two osu alums in cleveland during march madness?

Decision seems to be getting easier to me...and the guilt level dropping...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Here is how I look at it. If it were the final four, no question, basketball comes first over cousins. But this is one of the first games. This is where basketball superstition comes into play. We should win this game. I would hope we are a sweet 16 team at least this year. If you go to the game, and we lose, you will feel terrible about missing the wedding, and about your team losing. You can go to the Thursday game, and then go to the wedding, knowing you are doing the right thing by your family, and not jinxing the team by doing the selfish thing. And then have all week to think about the great time you will have the next weekend at MSG!!!!

This.

I have an opportunity to do some intensive hypnotherapy training over several weekends where I could become a certified hypnotist, but was told the course would be in March/April. I said to the trainer, "My god, that is during March Madness! I don't think I can do it." She said, "What is March Madness? Are you KIDDING me?" But, this is just a career thing. Pfffft! A wedding in a small family is more important than that. I agree with llandz, above. This is also what DVRs are for.

However, I have been greatly enjoying everyone's ideas about how to get out of the wedding!

This is also what DVRs are for.

I'll DVR it but I never said I wasn't watching the game. I will definitely be watching. The wedding will be at night since it's a jewish wedding so I'm hoping there isn't a conflict with the time. Either way I will figure out which two hours I will be disappearing. I just want to be in Buffalo to watch it live instead of in Cleveland.

I'll DVR it but I never said I wasn't watching the game. I will definitely be watching. The wedding will be at night since it's a jewish wedding so I'm hoping there isn't a conflict with the time. Either way I will figure out which two hours I will be disappearing. I just want to be in Buffalo to watch it live instead of in Cleveland.

I was going to suggest that. Most places have a TV somewhere. I've been an expert at finding TVs in the most remote places to watch a game over the years. Or watch on your cell phone. Just don't yell out if we get a bad call at, oh let's say a sensitive moment like when they say "if anyone objects to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace"
LOL, THAT would make a great commercial for the NCAA or someone!!!

Its not that I am close to my cousins but its more of a case that we are a small family so there are certain family obligations.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Who made "family obligations"? Cousin's do not even matter in the grand scheme of life. Tell them you are unavailable now. Gives them a long time to deal with the disruption to their lives (NONE).

I was in a previous predicament this past march madness. Instead of going I sent a very generous wedding gift in place of my attendance along with a personal note wishing them well and to get together in the future to make up for missing out on the wedding. Worked good for me...

Sounds like you are to your wife, as Orijinal's wife is to him.

Be respectful, don't ruin this for your wife.

Just as long as " ruining it for my wife by going to the wedding" is locked up and never heard from again as a reason for missing out... you lose on both fronts with that as she becomes the reason... that's a no-no

Just as long as " ruining it for my wife by going to the wedding" is locked up and never heard from again as a reason for missing out... you lose on both fronts with that as she becomes the reason... that's a no-no

My (young) age must be showing.

Went on a date the other day with a girl. Said she finds football boring but loves tennis. No call back. Sorry, not sorry.

Here's what you do: Have sex with whichever of your cousin or the spouse-to-be is the female (if it's your cousin be sure to wear a condom). Wedding off, problem solved. Added bonus: you're probabably persona non grata at future family events.

Here's what you do: Have s e x with whichever of your cousin or the spouse-to-be is the female (if it's your cousin be sure to wear a condom). Wedding off, problem solved. Added bonus: you're probabably persona non grata at future family events.
tumblr_mk9efgRrX11r0ftodo1_250.gif

Here's what you do: Have s e x with whichever of your cousin or the spouse-to-be is the female (if it's your cousin be sure to wear a condom). Wedding off, problem solved. Added bonus: you're probabably persona non grata at future family events.
Op. Do approximately none of this. Unless the chick is not your cousin. Then do what you must.

I once missed McNabb win in the Orange Bowl because of a cousin's wedding.

Long story short, she will turn out to be a thundercunt and they will get divorced. So skip that .

My (young) age must be showing.

Went on a date the other day with a girl. Said she finds football boring but loves tennis. No call back. Sorry, not sorry.

naah.. just the single vs married dynamic...

Is it your cousin or your significant other's cousin? If it is your significant other, break up with them. If it is your cousin, get in a really bad fight with them and resolve it the day after.

Disown your cousin, anybody that would have a wedding during March Madness is just mad!!

see a shrink during the dates of the wedding, claiming your having anxiety over march madness and its effecting your ability to function in society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom