OK so Hackett has coached with the guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK so Hackett has coached with the guy

Looks like that would be a great hire, if we can pull it off. I don't know what Illinois has returning, but they were 2-10, 0-8 in the Big 10 this year, so I wonder how attractive that job will be. Looks like they return just about every skill position player. But not sure how good of a thing that is since they averaged under 300 yards per game. Only Maryland who had band members playing QB by midseason, and UMass, a 1A rookie, were worse on offense.

SU, meanwhile, has Charley Loeb, who is dreamy.

150 cubits long x 30 cubits high x 20 cubits wide

ships-ark5.jpg

Riiiiiggghhhhhhtttt!

Bill Cubit's offense is unabashedly huck and chuck, incorporating passing concepts from both spread and pro style to put extreme pressure on the defense depending upon the formation and personnel. That's why it's so hard to prepare for a Cubit offense, since they'll show one look on film and yet come out the next week in something completely different.

Sounds a lot like our offense!!!!

His kid played QB for Rutgers, so there's that...

That’s correct. Played HS ball in Florida. In fact I remember the fans albeit running Cubit out of town. They were happy to see him go. But from what I understand, Cubit left on his own because he couldn’t work for Schiano. A few years later, their fans we longing for Cubit to be their OC again.

I really don’t know what kind of a recruiter he is but I think he could pay dividends down in Florida. He and his kid were/are well known down there.

A quick scan of the Western Michigan roster shows 31 kids from Florida. Don’t know who’s responsible but that’s a lot of Florida kids. A lot of big time Florida high school to. Glades, Seffner, Pampano, Pahokee, Boyd, University, Miami Beach, Central, Vero, Homestead, etc.

We're more likely to hire Ryan Cubit than Mark Cubit IMO.

Would love the VanPelt deal though.

Reading everything I would think VanPelt will be the hire...