Okay, that was bad... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Okay, that was bad...

Concerns with the bench. We still have the best bench in the country. :bat:
Yeah, we have the best bench in the country because our 6th & 7th guys are really starters. Go w our real starting lineup of Fab-CJ-Kris-Dion & Scoop & then what's left on the bench ?????

If we had lost that game, and we almost did, I wonder if we would have set a record for biggest run in a game (26-0) that was still lost. Unreal.

and by bad, I mean that was awful. The only good thing about the last few games is that we're making plays when it counts.

Saw something tonight that I think might help though. After Dion came out, JB ran consecutive baseline screens to isolate Kris on the blocks. Its taken 3 years and 29 games, but Kris finally abandoned his Marcus Haines immitation and went to business inside of 8 feet with his back to the basket. Voila', decent shots and conversions. Kris would be all Big east if he made this a staple of his game along catch and shoot threes within the offense. He's got excellent footwork in tight spaces, and he shows tremendous feel for playing with his back to the basket. I REALLY want to see more of this going forward.

Agreed, but a word of caution. He used to do this as a junior, until the game (Cinci?) when he got knocked down and hit his head. He has not played with the same aggression to the basket since. Maybe last night was the beginning of a return to him being more aggressive. We need someone to be the go-to guy. Scoop isn't athletic enough, and Dion is not yet reliable. Joseph SHOULD be the guy, but I think he is still a bit fearful.

Yeah, we have the best bench in the country because our 6th & 7th guys are really starters. Go w our real starting lineup of Fab-CJ-Kris-Dion & Scoop & then what's left on the bench ?????

Sure, but that's not the point of the OP. Our bench is Dion and CJ, and we shouldn't have any concerns at all with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom