Oklahoma - Houston (This game needs a thread) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oklahoma - Houston (This game needs a thread)

image.jpeg

Possibly. He has turned over a lot of staff which causes hiccups in the system. I fully get your position and agree he could have done more with what he had.

I mean did he see the Bama/Auburn game? Don't try a 53 yard fg if your kicker doesn't have a strong enough leg.

That wasn't a PI. These refs have an uncanny way of calling anything on OU and nothing on Houston. Many blatant holds where OU defenders almost lose their jerseys. Regardless, the play calling for OU is driving me insane. Way too conservative. Houston is a good team and you have to come out firing.
OU has a quarter left and the kids to do so. A slight adjustment here and there is all OU really needs, they are moving the ball.

I can't defend the refs, I am too far from the field and the limited replays are not the best angle. Plus I am typing on this site.

On field play aside, I am really impressed with Houston's fan turnout- on TV they sound loud and look really into it. No brainer for the B12...
I have sons-in-law for with ties to each team. The crowd is great, even the OU fans are into the game, down 16. This is a fun game to be at.

OU just fumbled.

Possibly. He has turned over a lot of staff which causes hiccups in the system. I fully get your position and agree he could have done more with what he had.
The defense especially is concerning. For being a d coach there is a huge lack of discipline and the secondary is terrible.

The defense especially is concerning. For being a d coach there is a huge lack of discipline and the secondary is terrible.
Agreed. His OC is Lincoln Riley, if I recall, and he is very clever, all in on much of what Babers is doing. Stoops may be relying too much on the O to cover D issues - not that us Orange fans would know anything about a weak D...

They lost a lot of starters from last year. I think 3 was way too high of a ranking.

They lost a lot of starters from last year. I think 3 was way too high of a ranking.
I think you are right, clearly a top 25 team playing what may be a top 10 Houston. Definitely not #3 material right now.

I agree about the ranking. I thought more around 10. We have lost all momentum here and now have to rely on the d for a turnover.

Agreed. His OC is Lincoln Riley, if I recall, and he is very clever, all in on much of what Babers is doing. Stoops may be relying too much on the O to cover D issues - not that us Orange fans would know anything about a weak D...
Yes Lincoln Riley is the OC. I think he is great though my understanding is that Stoops still has him on a leash. Time to let him fully run the O. The stoops defenses have always had bad holes in the secondary. I can usually tell you where the opposing team will pass on a play because the corners are easy to pick apart.

Yes Lincoln Riley is the OC. I think he is great though my understanding is that Stoops still has him on a leash. Time to let him fully run the O. The stoops defenses have always had bad holes in the secondary. I can usually tell you where the opposing team will pass on a play because the corners are easy to pick apart.
My SIL in Norman often says similar things about the secondary. Now that you bring it up, it makes sense, and all this time I thought he was just being and Orange fan dislocated to Oklahoma, now I understand.

My SIL in Norman often says similar things about the secondary. Now that you bring it up, it makes sense, and all this time I thought he was just being and Orange fan dislocated to Oklahoma, now I understand.
Yeah tell him I feel his pain. The OU boards are atrocious right now. As an SU alum who went to school during grob, I have felt the pains of a terrible secondary with both of my teams :bat:

Houston's head coach is very impressive. I don't recall who he was interviewing with on ESPN radio, but essentially he said that tries to instill toughness and aggression in his players in everything they do and he talked about how he psyched them up to stomp FSU last year. He said it doesnt matter whether you run a spread or a pro-style offense, in the end, it's you against the guy lined up across from you, and whoever is tougher is going win. Kind of a meathead, modern coach hybrid.

Whoa whoa now...

As soon as Houston took the lead, they haven't been the same. Lets be honest, Houston just looks like a better team right now.
It's a lack of preparation. There is a lack of accountability at the top. Stoops and his coaches will essentially blame the players for not executing. This is squarely on he coaches.

As soon as Houston took the lead, they haven't been the same. Lets be honest, Houston just looks like a better team right now.
Agreed

I should have known better. Had I talked the Tomcat Tuba Theory, I would have placed a bet and won big. UH has 20 tubas and OU only brought 16. As both are state schools, there is no private school correction factor.

It's pretty funny to read someone complaining about OU football... a program that has won 10 or more games in 13 of the past 16 years! Oh to have such problems!
Oh to have that problem with our Orange. Might be hard when Babers the s the table annually...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom