Class of 2014 - OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered

So does that mean he has a favorite? Interesting...

I always think it's a good get when you can land a kid out of a state where the major conference school in the state offered him. It's especially better when they offered him early and he's from a major program in the state.

1. Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts 11h
  2. Well I'm definitely not going to Rutgers or Northwestern haha
  3. OrangeEmpire44@OrangeEmpire44 8h
    @D1_Roberts while we'd love to have you in #CuseOrange, I think that statement is a good enough consolation prize if you don't. #chopemdown
Another great reason to love this kid..;)
And please someone like this post..I am at 666 likes since last night..not a good "Omen".

* Thanks. Satan has been exorcised ...I hope.

1. Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts 11h
  2. Well I'm definitely not going to Rutgers or Northwestern haha
  3. OrangeEmpire44@OrangeEmpire44 8h
    @D1_Roberts while we'd love to have you in #CuseOrange, I think that statement is a good enough consolation prize if you don't. #chopemdown
Another great reason to love this kid..;)

And please someone like this post..I am at 666 likes since last night..not a good "Omen".

* Thanks. Satan has been exorcised ...I hope.
I'll like yours if you like mine..:D

It looks really good with Roberts. He Tweeted not long after KJ announced that he knew what school he is going to and the visit was just icing on the cake. Ok, that could be Cuse, or that could be Illinois. A bit later, he Tweeted that after high school he is going to be a part of history. Sorry, but no one talks about Illinois that way. Cuse? Sure.

Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts 19m
When is your Cuse visit? — I'm not sure yet, the coaches haven't let me know but I know in July...

Perfect example on Aaron Roberts twitter feed this morning why I shutter when I see all our fans tweeting at/with these guys. I'm not saying this about everyone, 90% of the people are mature enough to handle it, but it's always just a matter of time before the minority says something stupid or is butthurt and lashes out. Some individuals make it personal, and the result is usually ugly.

Perfect example on Aaron Roberts twitter feed this morning why I shutter when I see all our fans tweeting at/with these guys. I'm not saying this about everyone, 90% of the people are mature enough to handle it, but it's always just a matter of time before the minority says something stupid or is butthurt and lashes out. Some individuals make it personal, and the result is usually ugly.

So where is the perfect example. What was said?

Actually that wasn't a tweet but that ask me a question thing. It could have been a friend of his or an Illini fan...you can't see who asked the question. I think he might know it wasn't a fan as he had a smiley face after his tweet.

Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts 6h
Visit to Syracuse on the 9th of August, for the whole weekend... Turn up

Actually that wasn't a tweet but that ask me a question thing. It could have been a friend of his or an Illini fan...you can't see who asked the question. I think he might know it wasn't a fan as he had a smiley face after his tweet.

It's still Aaron Roberts perception, due to his responses, that it was a CUSE fan. Smiley face aside he tweeted "@D1_Roberts: you said on twitter "I know where im going to school"... — You are not helping cuse out by telling me what to do..."

It's still Aaron Roberts perception, due to his responses, that it was a CUSE fan. Smiley face aside he tweeted "@D1_Roberts: you said on twitter "I know where im going to school"... — You are not helping cuse out by telling me what to do..."

Thanks, I did not see that. Something on the good side though. He has re-scheduled his visit. Which is awesome for me. I will be in Syracuse from August 5-18 dropping my daughter off for her first semester as SU.

1. Expand Collapse
  1. Reply

Listen, I'm not condemning anyone, simply stating I don't agree with it. It's a great source of information. But giving anybody with a twitter account access is a scary concept. Thats all im saying. How long until it turns into other team's fans negative recruiting or pretending to be CUSE fans like you're saying it most likely was here? Anybody can now represent Syracuse in the recruiting process, or any school for that matter.

Listen, I'm not condemning anyone, simply stating I don't agree with it. It's a great source of information. But giving anybody with a twitter account access is a scary concept. Thats all im saying. How long until it turns into other team's fans negative recruiting or pretending to be CUSE fans like you're saying it most likely was here? Anybody can now represent Syracuse in the recruiting process, or any school for that matter.

That is why, as much as I think Twitter can be used as a recruiting tool, I would advise these kids to get protected accounts to insulate them from the "crazies".

But then I don't Facebook, tweet, or do any other social media...unless you count this board...because I don't want my info out there for everyone to see. At least not any more than the footprint I leave every time I get on the internet. ;)

We should be the favorite, I can see a kid trying to leave the state and get as far from Chicago as possible with connections etc. If he comes to Syracuse, he won't have any guys from Chicago on the team. I know Illinois is 2.5 hours from Chicago, but the further the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is why, as much as I think Twitter can be used as a recruiting tool, I would advise these kids to get protected accounts to insulate them from the "crazies".

But then I don't Facebook, tweet, or do any other social media...unless you count this board...because I don't want my info out there for everyone to see. At least not any more than the footprint I leave every time I get on the internet. ;)
Uh oh, now we all know that CL is anti-social, lives in the shadows and this board is her only contact with the outside world.

I deciphered that from one simple forum post. I'm ready for twitterville. ;-)

Uh oh, now we all know that CL is anti-social, lives in the shadows and this board is her only contact with the outside world.

I deciphered that from one simple forum post. I'm ready for twitterville. ;-)

Now, now RMH44 best remember that puppies have sharp needle-like little teeth and they can bite. ;)

The one thing to take some solace in is that every school has idiot fans. Also, these kids are used to the moronic comments on YouTube and Facebook and twitter arguments, so chances are they aren't quite as appalled by it as people who haven't grown up with that.

At least I hope that's the case.

Aaron Roberts (d1roberts)

That Cuse dude from the question below is an idiot. I'm a recent Syracuse grad, submitted that first question about committing, but most people understand you gotta do whats best for you. If it's Illinois, so be it. Just don't let one idiot sway your decision. Pick whatever's best for you
Thanks, I appreciate it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom