Class of 2014 - OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered

Listen, I'm not condemning anyone, simply stating I don't agree with it. It's a great source of information. But giving anybody with a twitter account access is a scary concept. Thats all im saying. How long until it turns into other team's fans negative recruiting or pretending to be CUSE fans like you're saying it most likely was here? Anybody can now represent Syracuse in the recruiting process, or any school for that matter.

Works both ways, though. We'll probably be on to the next Twitter by the time that gets out of hand.

Personally, I wonder why people don't just make a ton of fake accounts, make their profile pic something related to your school, and mass follow anyone when they say "show me some [insert school] love." Actually, I'm sure some schools are already doing that.

Works both ways, though. We'll probably be on to the next Twitter by the time that gets out of hand.

Personally, I wonder why people don't just make a ton of fake accounts, make their profile pic something related to your school, and mass follow anyone when they say "show me some [insert school] love." Actually, I'm sure some schools are already doing that.

Hey, this is just the beginning. Wait until late January and see the kind of crap we'll find then. Hopefully, the staff will encourage the committed kids to protect their twitter accounts.

Aaron Roberts (d1roberts)

That Cuse dude from the question below is an idiot. I'm a recent Syracuse grad, submitted that first question about committing, but most people understand you gotta do whats best for you. If it's Illinois, so be it. Just don't let one idiot sway your decision. Pick whatever's best for you
Thanks, I appreciate it

If I were him, I wouldn't have an ask.fm. Those type of web sites breed haters even for the average high schooler, let alone a desirable hig school recruit. It's an anonymous questioning site. There used to be one called formspring and I'm telling you from experience, don't get one like it. Nothing good ever comes on it because even if you get 10 good messages, that one bad one will stick out like a sore thumb.

If I were him, I wouldn't have an ask.fm. Those type of web sites breed haters even for the average high schooler, let alone a desirable hig school recruit. It's an anonymous questioning site. There used to be one called formspring and I'm telling you from experience, don't get one like it. Nothing good ever comes on it because even if you get 10 good messages, that one bad one will stick out like a sore thumb.
actually I think Keon Lyn's was one of the best ever for a recruit as he just made fun of rutgers fans the whole time

Aaron Roberts (d1roberts)

That Cuse dude from the question below is an idiot. I'm a recent Syracuse grad, submitted that first question about committing, but most people understand you gotta do whats best for you. If it's Illinois, so be it. Just don't let one idiot sway your decision. Pick whatever's best for you
Thanks, I appreciate it
That was me haha. Gotta do my part for the squad, even if it's just cleaning up the mess of others

He's tweeting that he's playing NCAA '14 against Vandy commit, Michael Wilbon. They are playing Cuse versus Vandy. That is all.
Just saw that. If that doesn't say imply he's committing to us, I don't really know what does. Although I wouldn't want to play with an awful Illinois team even if I was a fan of them anway

This tweeting at recruits thing may be new for Syracuse, but the SEC, and all the other major football schools have been using it since twitter came onto the scene a few years ago. All these problems, concerns, etc have all been played out many times before. Were just now getting a taste for it.

I like that Zaire was having a twitter conversation with a friend about NCAA 14 when he got a "teasing" tweet from Roberts. Zaire is a very good recruiter.

I like that Zaire was having a twitter conversation with a friend about NCAA 14 when he got a "teasing" tweet from Roberts. Zaire is a very good recruiter.

they were saying on Upon Further Review he is actively recruiting Holley...I assume through DM? I have to give it to them, they aren't backing down

Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts 1m
Illinois really proved to me something!! I loved the visit

Seemed like his illinois visit was 3 hours vs 3 days.

I definitely noticed that too. He lives only a few hours drive away from Champaign. He had said he knew where he was going to college and the visit would seal the deal. Why pay your own way to Cuse on an unofficial if an Illinois visit was the one to seal the deal? Assuming he has a good time on his visit, I would be shocked if he didn't commit to SU by 8/11.

I thought I read somewhere we start on the 10th.

Only thing I know is that they are going back to Drum for camp...

return to Fort Drum for a week of preseason training camp next month.
bilde
JUSTIN SORENSEN / WATERTOWN DAILY TIMES​
Syracuse University football team runs a drill at Fort Drum last year. The Orange will return to Fort Drum for a week of preseason training camp next month.​

ARTICLE OPTION
FORT DRUM — The Syracuse University football team will return to post in August for a week of training camp, as it prepares for its first football season in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The team will be on post from Aug. 12-16, according to a spokesman with the post’s 3rd Brigade Combat Team, where players and coaches will work at the post’s facilities for practices and team-building exercises.
Like last year, the team will partner with the brigade during its time on post. The brigade on Thursday received orders to deploy to Afghanistan this fall, where they will operate for nine months.
The brigade recently entered a block leave period, and its commander, Col. Samuel E. Whitehurst, was not available for comment.
However, Col. Whitehurst said at the start of training camp last August that the school’s athletics program and his brigade had a “two-way relationship” in which both parties benefited.
Both the football team and the post have seen changes in leadership since last year.
In January, Scott Shafer took over the head coaching role from Doug Marrone, who left the program to coach the NFL’s Buffalo Bills. Maj. Gen. Stephen J. Townsend assumed command of the post and 10th Mountain Division from Lt. Gen. Mark A. Milley in December.
The Orange, along with the University of Pittsburgh, formally joined the ACC on July 1. Syracuse will open its season on Aug. 31 at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J., against Penn State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom