OL coaching | Syracusefan.com

OL coaching

Ozone!

Graphics Wizard
Among the possible choices for HC, which candidate has the best OL performance, over his coaching career? If it’s a D coordinator, who will he task to run the O and Coach the OL?
Without an effective OL, the offense is limited at best.
What do people think?

The only questions I would have is, since he is a key to The Eagles offensive success and they are likely to return to the Superbowl, how could he handle recruiting now and The Transfer Portal to bring in QB’s that would work well in his offense?

Elmira tv news station had a report that Joe Gilbert is very interested in the SU job.

Among the possible choices for HC, which candidate has the best OL performance, over his coaching career? If it’s a D coordinator, who will he task to run the O and Coach the OL?
What do people think?
100%

Tampa Bay Bucs O-line Coach Joe Gilbert has also expressed interest in the HC job​

What do people think?
To me our success is all about recruiting or developing an effective OL. That’s my number one priority. What coach can do that?

To me our success is all about recruiting or developing an effective OL. That’s my number one priority. What coach can do that?
Same.

So many say "Hi octane offense". Ok. You need an oline that can win, 1st. This is coachable. For the rest, you need a scheme, and skill players that can beat 4 and 5 star players. Its not impossible, but its a MUCH bigger ask. A decent Oline is realistic. Even Coastal Carolina had a pretty good one, years back.

That's where it starts.

Oops…seems like I got the right Joe Gilbert but got the team wrong. (Although he was at Arizona.)
Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

• Haha
Reactions: FAL
I'm sure there are people on here that know more than me, but isn't Tampa Bay's oline considered bad this year? Is that on coaching or is that a personnel thing? If you don't have a good oline in the pros where a salary cap gives you the chance of landing talent as good as everyone elses, are we to assume he'd be better here when he has to fight an uphill recruiting battle, find diamonds in the rough, and likely coach up inferior talent?

Last edited:
Pass
Maybe. In looking at his coaching scheme(oline) its spread, and spread option. Mehh...

Given my preference? Its a coach like Elko. He's running a pro scheme, with some power options. They recruit worse than us, yet he's mentioned for the ATM job... Fundamentals matter. Some linemen went down, they lost a QB(both our reality), but if you are paying attention? They've played above their recruiting.

We just spent 8 years trying to scheme around fundamentals. Let's get those right. Period.

Ohhh, another Super Bowl winner! He could show recruits his ring and they’ll beg to come here. If he could bring in Brian Pariani to run the O…..we’re back in business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom