Class of 2017 - OL Dakota Davis (MD) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Dakota Davis (MD) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Dakota, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family! Go Orange!

dakota davisth (13).jpg

Monday Recruiting: Ifeatu Melifonwu Leads The Way For Grafton | Orange Fizz - Free Syracuse Recruiting News, Always Looking at the Future of the Orange

Finally, in Maryland, another dominant performance from Dakota Davis and the rest of the Glenelg offensive line resulted in a 49-7 victory over River Hill on Friday.

After the drubbing, River Hill coach Brian Van Deusen mentioned Davis by name speaking to the Baltimore Sun.

“They’re huge up front,” said Van Deusen. “That’s the key to the game – it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out. They’ve got a guy, Dakota Davis, going to Syracuse and another guy going Division-I, and we’ve got linemen weighing 200 or 180 pounds. We hung in there as long as we could.”

He will be bump next go around, guarantee..its a no brainer. They would be crazy not to.:crazy:

Went back and watched his tape. Gets off the ball pretty darn quickly, and once he engages, he doesn't disengage. Pretty good at pulling as well. Looks like a multiple year OG starter to me. I'm really impressed.

Glenelg running back Wande Owens runs away with football Offensive Player of the Year award

Dakota Davis, Glenelg, senior.

It was hard not to see the dominance of Davis this fall, as the Gladiators ran time and time again behind him. The 6-foot-5-inch, 315-pound Syracuse University commit was always breaking through to the second level and knocking down linebackers and defensive backs.

Lineman Dakota Davis leading way for Glenelg football rushing attack
“He is a three-year varsity starter and the team rushed for nearly 10,000 yards over that time,” said Glenelg coach Butch Schaffer. “[He is a] tremendous leader and example on and off the field. A devastating drive blocker who finished blocks. ... A hardworking, blue collar, smash mouth football player.”

Davis paved the way for two 2,000-yard running backs in Trey Davis and Wande Owens and will be regarded as one of the best lineman to come out of Howard County.

Like this recruit but he better lose the boiler by fall ball;)

In all likelihood he's redshirting so he has 12 months to get where he needs to be.

I actually think 6-5 315 is close to a good weight. He just needs to now hit the weights and turn it into strength, maybe get down to 305 and get his cardio/conditioning on par.

Baylor doesn't play with 285 lb lineman and I'd expect us to follow suite. We need our kids in the 300-320 range to compete against the defensive lines in this division.

Baylor's starting OL across the board is 310, 295, 305, 310, 345. The 2nd string goes 310, 300, 285, 305, 310

I actually think 6-5 315 is close to a good weight. He just needs to now hit the weights and turn it into strength, maybe get down to 305 and get his cardio/conditioning on par.

Baylor doesn't play with 285 lb lineman and I'd expect us to follow suite. We need our kids in the 300-320 range to compete against the defensive lines in this division.

Baylor's starting OL across the board is 310, 295, 305, 310, 345. The 2nd string goes 310, 300, 285, 305, 310
I think we have 4 or 5 O-Line that our RF .

Kid is going to be a stud. Based on film im as high on him as any oline prospect we have had in years. Great feet good form strong base good length really carries weight well. Big Frame. Going out on a limb but he looks like a steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom