Class of 2017 - OL Dakota Davis (MD) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Dakota Davis (MD) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Honestly, football all-star games shouldn't even exist. Whether it be the Big 33, Under Armour game, or Pro Bowl, they should just name a team & be done with it. Seasons are only getting longer from HS (in many states) to college to the NFL & players shouldn't be taking hits in games that don't matter. In my opinion, the Pro Bowl is one of the dumbest things in sports.

Honestly, football all-star games shouldn't even exist. Whether it be the Big 33, Under Armour game, or Pro Bowl, they should just name a team & be done with it. Seasons are only getting longer from HS (in many states) to college to the NFL & players shouldn't be taking hits in games that don't matter. In my opinion, the Pro Bowl is one of the dumbest things in sports.
Have you ever watched the NHL All-star game?

Have you ever watched the NHL All-star game?
I have. This year's was an embarrassment, but they're always almost entirely void of any real checking/physical contact. The pro bowl features plenty of contact & just makes no sense in a sport where player's (specifically RB's) "life spans" are measured in hits-taken. Hell, even punters. RIP Sean Taylor.

IMG_0715.GIF

I have. This year's was an embarrassment, but they're always almost entirely void of any real checking/physical contact. The pro bowl features plenty of contact & just makes no sense in a sport where player's (specifically RB's) "life spans" are measured in hits-taken. Hell, even punters. RIP Sean Taylor.

View attachment 89640

Eh that game with the Taylor hit had to be from what 10 years ago? Pretty much the Pro Bowl needs to be done, just do events with the players and be done with it.

The Big 33 is a pretty fun game to watch, most of the kids are still giving it their all. You really don't 17-18 years to be honored for their hard work with a big game like this? Who hurt you?

The Big 33 is a pretty fun game to watch, most of the kids are still giving it their all. You really don't 17-18 years to be honored for their hard work with a big game like this? Who hurt you?
Respectfully, I think you're misunderstanding my point. The fact that they're giving it their all is EXACTLY the reason why I don't think it should be played. I've watched it many times & yes, it's a fun format with loads of tradition. Would it be any less of an honor if the players were simply named to a Big 33 roster honoring them as the very best from MD & PA with a schedule of events & a dinner? Many of the top players are either already enrolled at their college or, as many have over the years, decided not to participate, just as Davis has chosen to. This year's game is also being held on Memorial Day, one of the final times a graduating HS Senior gets to enjoy with family before heading off to college. I can almost guarantee you that any college staff collectively holds their breath when an incoming recruit suits up & goes "full-go" 6+ months removed their final HS game/regular football practice.

This will be my final post on the topic. Not because I don't enjoy/value/respect the discussion/differing opinions, but because I'd rather not derail this promising young man's thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom