Class of 2014 - OL/DL Jay Hayes (NY) Grad Transfer from ND to Georgia | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OL/DL Jay Hayes (NY) Grad Transfer from ND to Georgia

Next years EO?

I'd argue even bigger. He's already a national recruit, 6-8 months prior to when EBO started picking up his selector school offers during this recruiting cycle.

I'd argue even bigger. He's already a national recruit, 6-8 months prior to when EBO started picking up his selector school offers during this recruiting cycle.

Truth, I was thinking more in line to what he meant to us... NYC kid we have to beat the big boys for... A recruitment likely to continue through the year where we think we are right in it, ishaq like...

Hayes is way bigger than EO or Morgan. He is likely to be like Easley who is at UF now. Very, very, very tough recruiting job for Doug. I would be very impressed if he stays.

First - I agree that the above picture is the real SU helmet. I've seen it on ebay and am biding my time to own one.

Second - There is no reason Marrone should be out-recruited for big time lineman. He's got to go in and say "I was a lineman and I was an NFL coach. Pugh is going to be a big draft pick. If you want to play in the NFl and listen to me, I'll get you there."

Third - In general we need to use our links to the NFL better. The first season with Paulus, Marrone had him working with Brees. We need more of this. Players working with with Brees - even mcnabb perhaps, as well as Freeny, chandler jones, etc.

This would be pretty great.

Quickly looking at his twitter he is following NC St, WMU, Mich. St, and Texas A&M

We are pretty full on the D-line for the upcoming season, can’t see him coming here or us having interest but you never know

Quickly looking at his twitter he is following NC St, WMU, Mich. St, and Texas A&M
He might have a better chance to play at rutgirls. Closer to home too. I dont see us going after him. I still think we'll add a grad safety or corner.

Not sure what we lose by offering him. We have the scholies and he's gone after 1 year. If there's anything we should have learned over these past few years is you can never have too much depth.

My question is why would we let Kayton Samuels go just to bring in a guy that is no better than him? Their stats are almost identical. Samuel's is slightly better.

My question is why would we let Kayton Samuels go just to bring in a guy that is no better than him? Their stats are almost identical. Samuel's is slightly better.

I have no idea why we let Samuels go. Dude was a 300lb battle tested part time starter.

Maybe he didn’t want to be 2nd string in a rotation ? Still waiting to see where he surfaces.

Last edited: