Class of 2020 - OL Jalen Travis (MN) Offered / Grad Portal from Princeton to Iowa State | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Jalen Travis (MN) Offered / Grad Portal from Princeton to Iowa State

Do you know if she is open to position changes?
Edge non-rusher.
Happy Got You GIF by Bounce

Could have had something to do with proximity to home. He's originally from Minnesota.

I thought Duke would have had a leg up due to academics and him being at Princeton but clearly that wasn't the case.
I think he figured he’s got the Ivy League degree so who cares where he does a year of grad school classes.

Too bad I really wanted him. But we’ll have to be patient and wait till spring

I hope we can pull those 2 or 3 from the portal if any go into it after teams Spring practices.

Yeah, this is tough. We could have used this kid. We still need 3 OL, to be honest.
At this point, it will be tough to get 3 o lineman in the portal that could crack the 2 deep. They are in too high of demand and the $ is out there for them. There’s time to add some for sure but 3 starter types, I highly doubt it. I am sure they are looking but I have a feeling the coffers might be dried up fir a bit. They need to really focus on 2025 O line class.

Last edited:
Yeah, this and CB are my only spots im worried about. I either think they like our new guys or really like our existing guys and think they can coach them up. I know we wanted a few more for guys and i really wanted them in this portal so they could learn in spring so they are comfortable to start season. With oline, we need to practice together and learn each others way of doing things so they gel together. please for the love of god, dont have them practicing all over the line. They need to stay in a certain spot and practice only there. Gonna be hard if we get guys in next portal to get them ready for start of season unless they are a day one starter and they jam him with the playbook. Lets hope we got this. A huge key for us.

At this point, it will be tough to get 3 o lineman in the portal that could crack the 2 deep. They are in too high of demand and the $ is out there for them. There’s time to add some for sure but 3 starter types, I highly doubt it. I am sure they are looking but I have a feeling the coffers might be dried up fir a bit. They need to really focus on 2025 O line class.
Agreed. If we can add one starting caliber OL I'd be pretty happy. Especially if it was at OT.

Agreed. If we can add one starting caliber OL I'd be pretty happy. Especially if it was at OT.
yeah I think we will see 1 added maybe 2, not sure how highly ranked they will be either. I would rather they get 1 guy that you know will start than depth pieces. I agree I still think we see 1 more CB added that can play immediately. The idea that the O Line would be completely revamped was kind of a pipe dream, going to take some time there. Have to hope that Wohlabaugh can come back healthy and start game 1 too

yeah I think we will see 1 added maybe 2, not sure how highly ranked they will be either. I would rather they get 1 guy that you know will start than depth pieces. I agree I still think we see 1 more CB added that can play immediately. The idea that the O Line would be completely revamped was kind of a pipe dream, going to take some time there. Have to hope that Wohlabaugh can come back healthy and start game 1 too
And have to think the addition of Kalan Ellis who played one game and Joe Moore who played just 29 snaps all year has to help. Really need to start the season healthy and not lose players in the first couple of games like in 2023.

I had him pictured as having an Alan Page type career. Well maybe KingJoseph will be that guy.