Class of 2018 - OL Junior Uzebu (GA) Verbal to West Virginia | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OL Junior Uzebu (GA) Verbal to West Virginia

I don't like the fact that Dino was not there for his unofficial visit. But dam does Dino have to be there for every kid to commit ?

He's a great closer but come on

I thought the same thing this week when Dino was at ESPN. Would have loved if he was there. Dino is a closer and yes, as a recruit AND parent I would definitely expect to meet the HC after taking the effort to travel and make one of the most important decisions of my life.

I thought the same thing this week when Dino was at ESPN. Would have loved if he was there. Dino is a closer and yes, as a recruit AND parent I would definitely expect to meet the HC after taking the effort to travel and make one of the most important decisions of my life.
Dino did more promoting 'Cuse Football being on ESPN than being there to meet Junior. I am sure Junior realizes that and hoping he does select the Orange.

Dino did more promoting 'Cuse Football being on ESPN than being there to meet Junior. I am sure Junior realizes that and hoping he does select the Orange.

Good point, good angle. Hope you are right! Thing is, there's nothing that can replace meeting , interacting with, and being man on man with your future coach!!! Seriously, its not even close.

The kid was supposed to be there on Tuesday and he would have met Dino. Not sure what changed

The kid was supposed to be there on Tuesday and he would have met Dino. Not sure what changed
Kinda makes me think he just wasn't buying what we were selling. That's perfectly fine, and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling that he's going to WVU.

Yeah I get all that and it's what official visits are for. This is a summer unofficial visit and the coach is at the ACC Media days. You'd think a prospect and parents would sort of get that. Not like Dino was at the movies.

To me kids who do this just weren't very interested Or had their minds made up before hand.

6gh.gif

I am beginning to feel a sense of urgency. We started off so strong . . . .

Yeah I get all that and it's what official visits are for. This is a summer unofficial visit and the coach is at the ACC Media days. You'd think a prospect and parents would sort of get that. Not like Dino was at the movies.

To me kids who do this just weren't very interested Or had their minds made up before hand.
I agree with you. I think he had his mind made up before he even visited SU and it wouldn't have made a difference if Babers had been on campus or not.

Recruiting Slots Available (18)

2018 Verbals (11)

Gabe Horan
Atrilleon Williams
Tyrone Sampson (Jan Enrollee)
Cooper Lutz
Jaqurius Smith
Juan Wallace (Jan Enrollee)
Akeem Dixon
Jawhar Jordan, Jr.
Anthony Queeley
Willem Froumy
Taj Harris

Just to remind y'all who has already verballed and slots left open.

Heck no. July isn't even over with yet. Lots of kids don't commit until they take their officials in the Fall after their HS season is over. Y'all are over reacting.

Plus we only have a few spots left. Dino has over 1/2 of his class and it's just the start of fall camp. I remember the days we barely a few kids by now (like 3-5 out of a full 25 slots).. CL is right "y'all" are overreacting. I think Dino and staff are just being careful and want to see how things develop over the fall high school season.

Plus I don't think staff wanted this kid above some others they are going after so I don't think the love was their on both sides. Don't get me wrong, they would have taken him if he really wanted to commit here.

CL don't we have 19 official slots with Steven C gone?

Last edited:
Recruiting Slots Available (18)

2018 Verbals (11)

Gabe Horan
Atrilleon Williams
Tyrone Sampson (Jan Enrollee)
Cooper Lutz
Jaqurius Smith
Juan Wallace (Jan Enrollee)
Akeem Dixon
Jawhar Jordan, Jr.
Anthony Queeley
Willem Froumy
Taj Harris

Just to remind y'all who has already verballed and slots left open.
Thank you for the reality check.

As they are fond of saying on Ancient Aliens, "could it be possible" that Qadir White is a silent verbal and there was no need for Junior? ;)

No that is possible but we would have taken him. Lets shift our focus to Dl need to land a minimum of 3 inside dt types. Number 1 priority.

To the chicken little, yes we've missed on 3 kids of late (chance aimie, levis and Uzbebo). None of the other kids were we even recruiting at this point. We're being highly selective right now.
Yes. When I denote where some of the kids verbal that were offered a lot of the time it is just follow through.

Why did the kid put #legacy in his announcement? Did he have a family connection to WVU?

Would've been nice with Samspon, Froumey and hopefully Qadir. Oh well, march on.

Would've been nice with Samspon, Froumey and hopefully Qadir. Oh well, march on.

That's still, totally on the table, AFAIK.

Crystal ball site has Qadir 67% to Cuse... 4 to 3... Wrong alot, but they got Levis, Culpepper right to that disgusting place, I shall not name, and Uzebu to WVU. Let's get Q.

PS. Should you chicken little. 3 OL commits for HCDB 2016 class(recruited by them). Servais - starting as (r)FR. Clark, and OSullivan listed as #2's (r)Fr... 1 could be immediately be pushed as a starter because of (Nate) Roberts... It's not ideal for today, but they are building the wall they need, for the system. Patience. They know what they want.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom