Class of 2016 - OL Liam O'Sullivan (IL) SIGNED LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Liam O'Sullivan (IL) SIGNED LOI

My thoughts exactly. Every decommit it seems, has a purpose and a plan. Overnight it feels like we've expanded our recruiting footprint.
These are giddy times reading this forum!!
I wouldn't say we were expanding our recruiting footprint...more like we are concentrating on the Midwest again just as in the first year of Shafer as HC.

Any S&C coach worth his salt can bulk up a kid with that frame with good weight and get him strong in the process.

Kid will be 290 or so in 12-18 months.

If he plays OT he could get away with being a little lighter to start. I'm sure he will be closer to 260 come season start. He's fast and I cannot wait to see him get to the second level

PhatOrange said:
osullivan and jones both seem like status quo for Shafer.

Yeah, not sure any of these Dino recruits are really any better than the Shafer recruits. Maybe they just fit the new system better or Dino likes them because he's familiar with them.

Ruff seems like the real deal, but nothing much different about the others.

The real test will be after this staff has been here a full season.

Yeah, not sure any of these Dino recruits are really any better than the Shafer recruits. Maybe they just fit the new system better or Dino likes them because he's familiar with them.

There’s no denying Ruff and he's what we need; the Morans, the 4* OL etc. But the next 3 are Shafer status quo. They’re MAC/Ivy level offers. I’d like to see us pick it up a little with P5 kids.

Rvls currently has our class at #80 with 11 kids and 705 points. What’s crazy is if we double our numbers at the same values that would jump our ranking up to the #33 range. Attainable if we get some of these P5 kids that are hanging around.

I'd think we'll trend up next year. This class effects us 2/3 years from now though.

Liam, welcome to the Syracuse football family!

LIAM-OSULLIVAN-150612-PRO.JPG

tipp hill 7685_7e10.jpeg

I think they are an improvement on who they replaced.

O'Sullivan is an ideal zone blocker. He has the speed to and length to reach and climb. He is not flabby and can put a good amount of weight on his frame. I think he will be a force in a season or two and is a step up from the OL recruits of this year and past.

Be interesting to see where this goes, given the coaches need to show the love stuff going on in some of the other threads.
This is all pretty normal end of the cycle recruiting...staffs are changing, kids are flipping or getting dropped and there is a scramble to fill the class. The more P5 offers our commits get the better it looks.

I hope so too because he has a good friend that he play along side in HS which is rated a 4* and they wanted to play in college together also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom