Class of 2025 - OL Skylar Harvey (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/10/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL Skylar Harvey (MD) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/10/24)

5 ships to hand out still. What happens if some bigger names want to commit and there is no room at the inn?
To quote one of our more prominent posters… the numbers always work themselves out.

If nothing else, we are still in a period of transition this year and that will inevitably lead to further roster turnover from the Dino regime.

Control the line of scrimmage, and you win most games. Frans recipe, speed and size.
Big guys beat up little guys and fast guys our run slower guys...

Fran isn't creating a ground breaking new recipe but he, along with this staff, are the first group that we've had that can actually get the requisite ingredients needed across the board

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

This man is going to pave the way for some great RBs. Fran Brown doesn’t sleep on size.

JarHeadJim has now egregiously offended & bitten my steez a 2nd time by using the Denzel Boom. gif! Bro, check the room, individual posters each have a go-to recruit commitment gif… I laid claim to Denzel months ago. Yes, you do have 392,856 likes & are a one of the most beloved posters on the board… but right is right.

So…
boom smile GIF

and :rolleyes:
GIF by Off The Jacks

P.S. shout out to my guy orange79, he knows what’s what, haha!

JarHeadJim has now egregiously offended & bitten my steez a 2nd time by using the Denzel Boom. gif! Bro, check the room, individual posters each have a go-to recruit commitment gif… I laid claim to Denzel months ago. Yes, you do have 392,856 likes & are a one of the most beloved posters on the board… but right is right.

So…
boom smile GIF

and :rolleyes:
GIF by Off The Jacks

P.S. shout out to my guy orange79, he knows what’s what, haha!

Just a minute...let me send you a picture of Jim...you might want to reevaluate.

5 ships to hand out still. What happens if some bigger names want to commit and there is no room at the inn?
I suppose one can always find the pitfalls for any scenario if one looks hard enough. I think it's about going after what you want. In years past, we bemoaned the fact that many schools had great recruiting rankings "only" because they had early commitments. Then, even if some 4*-5* stud was interested in SU, early, we lost them later to another school, and often coaches were left with also-rans, second choices, or a just body to fill a need. Now, when I see SU with high level, nationally recognized recruiters going after such players and getting them to commit early, I don't worry as much about losing them. Also, the relationship between the students and coaches seems more solid than before, with the recruits singing SU's (and the coaches') praises. They committed early for a reason. And when it comes to trusting the coaches' vision for these players, I am more disposed to believe they got exactly who they wanted to get. Not because of the number of stars, but because of their potential, their character, and their buy-in to the program. It's not SU who loses out on some"bigger name" if there's no room; rather, it is they who missed out by waiting too long before checking out SU. It's been said before, but I trust the judgment of our coaches more than ever before. Guess I'm drinking the Kool-Aid by the gallon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom