Class of 2016 - OL Stewart Reese (FL) Verbal to Miss. St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Stewart Reese (FL) Verbal to Miss. St

Not sure if that's good or bad. opens up another week me for him to hit up another school.

He'd have to commit this weekend and probably pass up his visits for us to land him.

How is a player elected to 1st Team All Florida in 8A and is still rated at 3 stars
question-mark.jpg

How is a player elected to 1st Team All Florida in 8A and is still rated at 3 stars

He's a 4 star at rvls and rated the #24 OT in the nation.

Lets hope FSU fills up. Our only competition will be Mississippi St. (hoping he commits here for obvious reasons but if he does I'm REALLY curious to find out the backstory with this recruitment. How on earth did we jump on his list AND get a visit?)

Stewart could be th block of granite to build our OL on! Go Dino Babers & crew!
dinosaure-t-rex.gif

Time for him to commit now that he has a few traveling buddies on board

This tape should show you some good reasons why he's a backup plan for FSU. Kid is very raw. Need to ignore the 4 stars and hope that our coaching staff can turn him into a solid OL.

Last edited:
Is he worth a scholly in your opinion?. He definitely needs coaching tho.

This tape should show you some good reasons why he's a backup plan for FSU. Kid is very raw. Need to ignore the 4 stars and hope that our coaching staff can turn him into a solid OL.

wonder if they want him to play DT ?

Has he played DT before. To me, someone or thing has to set a fire under him to get him to quick start. He looks lethargic to me. "slow" I'm not trying to be mean on the kid.

Is he worth a scholly in your opinion?. He definitely needs coaching tho.
Needs coaching but absolutely worth a scholarship with his size. And as an OL. Wouldn't put him at DT.

Isn't that article from a week ago, before his visit?
No, we have another in home scheduled. Hope we're recruiting him as a guard and not a tackle.

I thought even this tape is pretty solid for him considering the circumstances of just being 1 game against much smaller defenders which can sometimes be more difficult for big guys (ie similar to big guys in basketball having matchup problems stopping smaller 5's from non P5 teams). Obviously most of these high school OL guys are raw and it's about potential but he looks much more ready to contribute than the other 4 star Sean Foster we were after (being recruited for diff positions though). I'm pretty sure the staff is looking at Reece as a guard and like lot of these big guys he struggled out in space having to block much smaller guys in the video but he is a true road grader who shows some agility and quickness for being so big and playing out of position. He carries his weight very well for being 330lbs. Reece would be a huge haul.

Last edited:
No, we have another in home scheduled. Hope we're recruiting him as a guard and not a tackle.
I was referring to the article accompanying the tweet. As OX pointed out, "Old article. New tweet."