Class of 2019 - OLB Brian Ugwu (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OLB Brian Ugwu (NJ) Offered

Sure, difference of opinion and perspective

Are we looking to add more LBs? If so I agree it is probably not someone who will be projected to be a starter here since we have good trio, so your not likely to get a starter from another power 5 program to come here. Which means, who are you gonna get? A power 5 reserve? A group of 5 starter or reserve?

As for ripping on Rutgers, sure go ahead but we look kinda silly doing it. I try to post based on reality vs delusion, results and stats vs narrative. Carry on and War Otto
Tell me where I said we were looking for another starter at LB or looking for someone who is a current starter on another Power 5 program. Point is, a guy who got zero playing time at LB in his second Sophomore season at "lowly Rutgers" is likely not a target for us at this point. IF...we target any transfer LB, its a higher upside player who knows they have a real shot to start in 2023 and was good enough to see the field this past year in some capacity. And coming from a P5 isn't a requirement.

And there are not many NCAA football fans out there that would think saying "lowly Rutgers" is delusional. The people and posts your are addressing are not delusional. In a way, I kind of understand what your perspective is, but in response to this thread was not the time to try to make a point on this issue.

Sure, difference of opinion and perspective

Are we looking to add more LBs? If so I agree it is probably not someone who will be projected to be a starter here since we have good trio, so your not likely to get a starter from another power 5 program to come here. Which means, who are you gonna get? A power 5 reserve? A group of 5 starter or reserve?

As for ripping on Rutgers, sure go ahead but we look kinda silly doing it. I try to post based on reality vs delusion, results and stats vs narrative. Carry on and War Otto

Losing 17-7 had nothing to do with linebackers. They had a whopping 195 yards of offense, 1.2 yards per carry and 145 yds passing. We're good.

big10 officials were paid off.

No, its more why would be soo quick to dismiss a possible transfer from a power 5 school, one that just happened to beat us at home, thats all. Im not arguing that our unit might be better. But we may need depth. And its hard to recruit a transfer for a backup role. We know about that on the bball side of the board.

And I agree there are players from teams that we beat that could play here. Football is a complex game.

Dash, always appreciate the intel you provide when you do.
Did you even watch the game? That was probably the worst officiated college football game I’ve ever seen and that’s not an exaggeration. That game is not any kind of measuring stick whatsoever. They should have won 45-7 the way that game was called.

Did you even watch the game? That was probably the worst officiated college football game I’ve ever seen and that’s not an exaggeration. That game is not any kind of measuring stick whatsoever. They should have won 45-7 the way that game was called.
When I saw the officials faces when Schiano was going crazy, I knew it was over.

Dude, I attended in person. And if the game was called right we would have won 45-7 right? Look, I know there were some bad calls but blaming the refs for losing at home to Rutgers is weak. That's just a game at home you can't lose, and if you do it's time to look in the mirror. Losers make excuses, winning programs overcome that to win a game like that at home.
That game was so poorly called by Gilbert, executed by the players and decisions by Dino (new punter in the 4th quarter deep in town territory, he was still married to Devito, didn't realize Tucker was the offense.) Dino did look in the mirror during that game and played musical chairs at qb and realized TDs lack of performance was his last straw.
I call a spade a spade and we need to win games like that before we look down and make fun of other programs.

Dude, I attended in person. And if the game was called right we would have won 45-7 right? Look, I know there were some bad calls but blaming the refs for losing at home to Rutgers is weak. That's just a game at home you can't lose, and if you do it's time to look in the mirror. Losers make excuses, winning programs overcome that to win a game like that at home.
That game was so poorly called by Gilbert, executed by the players and decisions by Dino (new punter in the 4th quarter deep in town territory, he was still married to Devito, didn't realize Tucker was the offense.) Dino did look in the mirror during that game and played musical chairs at qb and realized TDs lack of performance was his last straw.
I call a spade a spade and we need to win games like that before we look down and make fun of other programs.
It’s not weak. It’s what happened. Period. I don’t need to read anything beyond that.

There is an all inclusive Rutgers thread on the football forum if you want to continue this discussion. This is the recruiting forum and the Brian Ugwu thread. Continue this back and forth and there will be a reply bans to the thread.

Linebacker?
He is listed as a DL on Rutger’s roster. Only 240 pounds though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom