Class of 2019 - OLB Brian Ugwu (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OLB Brian Ugwu (NJ) Offered

UConn, Pitt, UVA, BC, Temple, Nebraska, NC St, Minnesota, Duke, Rutgers

No SU, Either we backed off or he just had no interest with SU

No SU, Either we backed off or he just had no interest with SU

Havent heard much about this kid being any kind of priority which is surprising if his offers are legit/committable. Would be shocked if we wanted him and he included UCONN and Temple in his top 10 and not Cuse

We have far better LBs than lowly Rutgers. If he isn’t good enough to play for them, there is no way he is good enough for us
Interesting take considering we lost to them last year

and didnt we take a Safety transfer from them?

I am taking about linebackers. Please take the time to read before responding.
Oh I read what you said, I just found it delusional that we have this sense of arrogance over a program that beat us by double digits at home, I don't care what position we are talking about. I get it if it we were talking about Uconn. At LB were kinda set for starters and probably looking for depth, hard to hit a hr with an accomplished player in that scenario.

Point is they are a peer program and probably have comparable players across the board.

Oh I read what you said, I just found it delusional that we have this sense of arrogance over a program that beat us by double digits at home, I don't care what position we are talking about. I get it if it we were talking about Uconn. At LB were kinda set for starters and probably looking for depth, hard to hit a hr with an accomplished player in that scenario.

Point is they are a peer program and probably have comparable players across the board.
No. You are wrong.

No. You are wrong.
I wish I was. Historically we are better but things have changed.

We are 3-7 in the last 10 matchups vs them going back to 2004. Todays recruits and players werent alive for our dominance over them.

We both struggle in our respective divisions.

If they are not peers to us, we shouldnt lose recruiting battles to them and rarely lose to them on the field then.

Its 2022, not 2000.

I wish I was. Historically we are better but things have changed.

We are 3-7 in the last 10 matchups vs them going back to 2004. Todays recruits and players werent alive for our dominance over them.

We both struggle in our respective divisions.

If they are not peers to us, we shouldnt lose recruiting battles to them and rarely lose to them on the field then.

Its 2022, not 2000.

Tomcat wrote: We have far better LBs than lowly Rutgers. If he isn’t good enough to play for them, there is no way he is good enough for us.

This is a true statement so let it go. Our LB's are probably our best unit and are better than theirs. And if he is not good enough to get play there he isn't going to get any here in Syracuse. If your problem is with the statement of 'lowly Rutgers' then whatever?!? We are allowed to rip on Rutgers on a Syracuse fan forum.

Tomcat wrote: We have far better LBs than lowly Rutgers. If he isn’t good enough to play for them, there is no way he is good enough for us.

This is a true statement so let it go. Our LB's are probably our best unit and are better than theirs. And if he is not good enough to get play there he isn't going to get any here in Syracuse. If your problem is with the statement of 'lowly Rutgers' then whatever?!? We are allowed to rip on Rutgers on a Syracuse fan forum.
Sure, difference of opinion and perspective

Are we looking to add more LBs? If so I agree it is probably not someone who will be projected to be a starter here since we have good trio, so your not likely to get a starter from another power 5 program to come here. Which means, who are you gonna get? A power 5 reserve? A group of 5 starter or reserve?

As for ripping on Rutgers, sure go ahead but we look kinda silly doing it. I try to post based on reality vs delusion, results and stats vs narrative. Carry on and War Otto

So your point is that if a team loses to another team, they can't have a better unit then the team that beat them. Seems ridiculous to me. Our problem is in other areas. And we could get help from smaller schools that we would smash.

So your point is that if a team loses to another team, they can't have a better unit then the team that beat them. Seems ridiculous to me. Our problem is in other areas. And we could get help from smaller schools that we would smash.
No, its more why would be soo quick to dismiss a possible transfer from a power 5 school, one that just happened to beat us at home, thats all. Im not arguing that our unit might be better. But we may need depth. And its hard to recruit a transfer for a backup role. We know about that on the bball side of the board.

And I agree there are players from teams that we beat that could play here. Football is a complex game.

Dash, always appreciate the intel you provide when you do.

No, its more why would be soo quick to dismiss a possible transfer from a power 5 school, one that just happened to beat us at home, thats all. Im not arguing that our unit might be better. But we may need depth. And its hard to recruit a transfer for a backup role. We know about that on the bball side of the board.

And I agree there are players from teams that we beat that could play here. Football is a complex game.

Dash, always appreciate the intel you provide when you do.
We're not taking a transfer LB from Rutgers who didn't play. Period. We're most likely not taking a transfer LB from anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom