Class of 2018 - OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue

Wow this kid is extremely fast, and looks to be able to cover well for a LB. This is just what Dino needs for the Tampa 2. Surprising that he doesn't have a few more big time offers. The big boys will come calling before signing day.

Wow this kid is extremely fast, and looks to be able to cover well for a LB. This is just what Dino needs for the Tampa 2. Surprising that he doesn't have a few more big time offers. The big boys will come calling before signing day.
Agree...very nice film. Plays with power that belies his 194lbs. Hits like he's 215lb.

Agree...very nice film. Plays with power that belies his 194lbs. Hits like he's 215lb.

What is the ideal weight for a LB his size in our defensive system? Is it 215 to 220?

You are both right. Lakeland is close to the halfway point between Orlando and Tampa. Just a bit closer to Tampa. The Detroit Tigers have their spring training site there.

Lakeland.gif

Lakeland trivia:

The Lakeland HS Dreadnaughts football team has won 6 state championships. Famous alums include Boog Powell, Andy Bean, Lee Janzen, current baseball all star Chris Sale and Neva Jane Langeley (won Miss America in 1953).

Just moved to Tampa a few months ago. Was gonna say myself that its for sure closer to Tampa.

What is the ideal weight for a LB his size in our defensive system? Is it 215 to 220?

Zaire is currently 244, PB is 225 .. I'd say this kid can put on 30-40 pounds from now to the end of his first year with us and he'll be golden

The thing I like the most is that the LBs we've lined up in the last two classes appear to be taller. So they'll be able to carry that weight differently than a 5-11 or 6-0 player. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the 230 - 235 range when they eventually see the field [Fagan, Trotter, this guy].

The thing I like the most is that the LBs we've lined up in the last two classes appear to be taller. So they'll be able to carry that weight differently than a 5-11 or 6-0 player. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the 230 - 235 range when they eventually see the field [Fagan, Trotter, this guy].

News to me today: Nadarius Fagan's nickname; DaDa is actually pronounced "Day-Day". The more you know lol

Since when is Mike Waters commenting on Football?
I asked him the same question. He was just saying that a 3 star from Florida is a good commit. Just like anyone of us. I then told him to get back to his day job.

I asked him the same question. He was just saying that a 3 star from Florida is a good commit. Just like anyone of us. I then told him to get back to his day job.
You basically told a sports reporter to stick to sports? That's tellin' him.

Tim Walton is a big boy as well. Should be a solid player down the road.

If Waters starts writing articles about disbanding the football program, we'll know he's been possessed by the demon spirit of Bud.

Tim Walton is a big boy as well. Should be a solid player down the road.

Think he is so big he may end up at DE. Will be interesting to see where he practices in the fall with the reinforcement of bodies at DE. Seems a little bit like he has been recruited over, but then again he hasn't played a meaningful snap. Hopeful he can contribute at either position.

Ja'qurius, Welcome to the Syracuse Football Family. Go Orange!

Ja'qurius SmithPfWxSujh.jpg

Since Bud retired, all hell has broken loose.

The next thing you know, Donna will be mixing whizbang into her articles and Nolan Weidner will attend an opera.

I heard Waters wants to be the head huzzah for SU football at the PS

You are both right. Lakeland is close to the halfway point between Orlando and Tampa. Just a bit closer to Tampa. The Detroit Tigers have their spring training site there.

Lakeland.gif

Lakeland trivia:

The Lakeland HS Dreadnaughts football team has won 6 state championships. Famous alums include Boog Powell, Andy Bean, Lee Janzen, current baseball all star Chris Sale and Neva Jane Langeley (won Miss America in 1953).
And I am just around the corner of Legoland in Winter Haven. I will be checking out this kid this year. 15 minutes away.

Any relation to Clifton? He's wearing his #9 jersey...

Yes, he is fast bc he is the size of a 4 or 5 star LB. will need to add 30# and keep his speed to play in the ACC. like the kid and the talent pool he has competed against.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom