Class of 2018 - OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue

So, we hand off our academic non-qualifiers to a school like Purdue?
I guess I feel good about that, but were we just not patient enough?

I'm tired of reading players aren't qualified posts... I've noticed where those posts are generally made. Purdue is a great academic institution by the way, not sure it it's at the level of SU but their Engineering programs are pretty solid.

It was my understanding the staff just moved on. I don’t remember hearing it was academics

I think they moved on too. I have seen this kid and he had a real good jr. year and then he started his senior year and I notice he seem to get complacent and he was taking more and more plays off and didn't seem to give it his all and I think the coaching staff saw the same thing. I think it was like CuseLegacy said, they found someone they like a lot better.

Kids and programs move on for countless reasons, it happens. Not a negative for the staff or the kid, IMO. Regardless if Syracuse still wanted him or vice versa, not a big deal.

In the transfer portal. Redshirt Freshman. Played in 2 games this season. Listed at 6-2 225

Yeah, it’s different in Buies Creek all right. Campbell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom