Old friend Danny Parkins makes the big time... | Syracusefan.com

Old friend Danny Parkins makes the big time...

Side story time:
I was in KC for business and caught Danny's show around the time when Hopkins was coaching the team. Parkins was DOGGING our team...Dogging Syracuse University...Dogging the City and said that he regularly bet against Syracuse.

As a Syracuse fan, I had to phone in and call him out on that. He had no response and essentially told me to go back to the frozen north.

I had huge respect for him when he left. But that really showed me how much of a POS he's turned into.

Side story time:
I was in KC for business and caught Danny's show around the time when Hopkins was coaching the team. Parkins was DOGGING our team...Dogging Syracuse University...Dogging the City and said that he regularly bet against Syracuse.

As a Syracuse fan, I had to phone in and call him out on that. He had no response and essentially told me to go back to the frozen north.

I had huge respect for him when he left. But that really showed me how much of a POS he's turned into.
That's surprising and disappointing to hear.

Side story time:

Wow! I am shocked. I remember listening to him back in the day and then hearing he was leaving. He waxed nostalgic about Syracuse and said he would always root for the Orange. I felt sad that he was leaving because I enjoyed his program. And now . . . . TRAITOR!

He made news with his interview. I am sure he knew that all he had to do was drop a couple questions and then stand back. Fire in the hole!

2ba.jpg

I just chatted with Danny. He was quite startled when I shared 44Pride's post with him. His response: "People write weird things on the internet...I obviously love the Cuse." (He's a graduate of Newhouse).

I just chatted with Danny. He was quite startled when I shared 44Pride's post with him. His response: "People write weird things on the internet...I obviously love the Cuse." (He's a graduate of Newhouse).

CTO, if you'd like to arrange it, i'd love to have another conversation with Dan about this. I'm so very sure he remembers our on air exchange.

Edit: Please note that Dan didn't deny what I said.

Last edited:
CTO, if you'd like to arrange it, i'd love to have another conversation with Dan about this. I'm so very sure he remembers our on air exchange.

Edit: Please note that Dan didn't deny what I said.
I have little reason to doubt what you've said. To some degree (large or small) these on air personalities are playing a character, so sometimes it's hard to get a read on what they really believe. Maybe you caught Parkins on a day he was trying to stir things up for the sake of the show. I hope so. That said, I think the best ones ultimately are those that stay true to themselves and don't need to rely on elaborate shtick.

i just can't wait til Stern finds this thread.

Remember when Parkins said something about wanting/rooting for the hoops team to lose to learn a lesson or some such nonsense? Stern wanted blood. LOL

Look I have no idea who this Parkins guy is, but I am fairly confident he is NO 44PRIDE!!!

I have little reason to doubt what you've said. To some degree (large or small) these on air personalities are playing a character, so sometimes it's hard to get a read on what they really believe. Maybe you caught Parkins on a day he was trying to stir things up for the sake of the show. I hope so. That said, I think the best ones ultimately are those that stay true to themselves and don't need to rely on elaborate shtick.

You very well may be right. Maybe it was just part of his "shtick". I guess I'd expect more from an alum.

We'd never see Mike Greenberg publicly bash Northwestern or Mike Tirico dogging Syracuse, would we? I thought he'd be talented enough not to need to stoop to that level for a reaction.

You very well may be right. Maybe it was just part of his "shtick". I guess I'd expect more from an alum.

We'd never see Mike Greenberg publicly bash Northwestern or Mike Tirico dogging Syracuse, would we? I thought he'd be talented enough not to need to stoop to that level for a reaction.
Not only that, who in Kansas City cares that much about SU for dogging on SU to be something he needs to do for a reaction. I mean you reacted, and properly so, but who else in all of Kansas really cares what Danny Parkins really thinks about the Syracuse city, school or team?

Not only that, who in Kansas City cares that much about SU for dogging on SU to be something he needs to do for a reaction. I mean you reacted, and properly so, but who else in all of Kansas really cares what Danny Parkins really thinks about the Syracuse city, school or team?

I live in Kansas City. Some KU fans still haven't gotten over 2003 so he may have been playing to that crowd.

I just dont get the traction for playing a character who hates SU while doing a show in KC. Not like there's some rivalry between the areas.

Unless...maybe...maybe they are annoyed by the fact that they have the Chiefs and Syracuse also had (had) the chiefs

I live in Kansas City. Some KU fans still haven't gotten over 2003 so he may have been playing to that crowd.

they should be more angry about losing in 96. that was a baaad performance

I guess if an Indiana alum were doing a show in Syracuse he may want to say bad things about IU but I just think that is stupid. I love that McDonough and Tirico make no bones about who they root for.

A friend of mine is no friend of ours. ;):)

Last edited: