Old friend Danny Parkins makes the big time... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Old friend Danny Parkins makes the big time...

I guess if an Indiana alum were doing a show in Syracuse he may want to say bad things about IU but I just think that is stupid. I love that McDonough and Tirico make no bones about who they root for.

I agree it's dumb. I was really just throwing out a crazy theory about why he said what he said. Incidentally, I didn't hear the comment but I have no reason to doubt 44Pride. Parkins may not remember every caller to his show, but I would think 44Pride would remember their conversation. It's not like they talk every day.

they should be more angry about losing in 96. that was a baaad performance

Or losing in the Sprint Center in 2008. They blew a second half 13 point lead when JB got all crazy and pulled out the man to man.

Well, regardless of Danny's opinions of Syracuse, he can never be a bigger than Curt Schilling. So that's something.

No kidding. Curt should take the advice that Brian Fantana gave Champ Kind in Anchorman:

"Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while."

I just chatted with Danny. He was quite startled when I shared 44Pride's post with him. His response: "People write weird things on the internet...I obviously love the Cuse." (He's a graduate of Newhouse).
I don't think our poster would make something like that up.

Ok guys, I've now heard about this thread from four people and I'll just give my version.

I think anyone who knows me knows I love Syracuse. I went to school there, lived there after college to work professionally, and have been back for multiple events including going to Atlanta for the last Final 4. What you might not know is that my little sister is enrolled there. So yea, I'm a pretty big advocate for the school and all things orange.

I remember the call. I definitely said something to the effect of it being a miserable tundra (in the context of weather) but that I love the place. Also, the team sucked at the time of the call and I mentioned that too.

But I love Syracuse. I love Boeheim. I love the school. If that comment or anything other than 100% biased orange tint on commentary bothers some people then so be it.

I'll be in Chicago this weekend (my hometown) for the games and am taking Friday off so if anyone has questions about the city or if there are events happening feel free to let me know in my inbox and I hope to see many of you at the United Center.

But yea, Curt Schilling is a little out there. Hope all is well.

Danny

OnAirCuse said:
Ok guys, I've now heard about this thread from four people and I'll just give my version. I think anyone who knows me knows I love Syracuse. I went to school there, lived there after college to work professionally, and have been back for multiple events including going to Atlanta for the last Final 4. What you might not know is that my little sister is enrolled there. So yea, I'm a pretty big advocate for the school and all things orange. I remember the call. I definitely said something to the effect of it being a miserable tundra (in the context of weather) but that I love the place. Also, the team sucked at the time of the call and I mentioned that too. But I love Syracuse. I love Boeheim. I love the school. If that comment or anything other than 100% biased orange tint on commentary bothers some people then so be it. I'll be in Chicago this weekend (my hometown) for the games and am taking Friday off so if anyone has questions about the city or if there are events happening feel free to let me know in my inbox and I hope to see many of you at the United Center. But yea, Curt Schilling is a little out there. Hope all is well. Danny

Hey Danny, hope all is well. Hear you're doing a great job out there.

Ok guys, I've now heard about this thread from four people and I'll just give my version.

I think anyone who knows me knows I love Syracuse. I went to school there, lived there after college to work professionally, and have been back for multiple events including going to Atlanta for the last Final 4. What you might not know is that my little sister is enrolled there. So yea, I'm a pretty big advocate for the school and all things orange.

I remember the call. I definitely said something to the effect of it being a miserable tundra (in the context of weather) but that I love the place. Also, the team sucked at the time of the call and I mentioned that too.

But I love Syracuse. I love Boeheim. I love the school. If that comment or anything other than 100% biased orange tint on commentary bothers some people then so be it.

I'll be in Chicago this weekend (my hometown) for the games and am taking Friday off so if anyone has questions about the city or if there are events happening feel free to let me know in my inbox and I hope to see many of you at the United Center.

Danny
Remember when I called in from AZ while you were in Syracuse ?! Haha

Danny
Never know who is watching or in this case listening, Syracusenation extends far and wide my friend ;).

Think the key is the point of who knows you well and how underneath you bleed orange, given those realities and given where you are now, no one can rake you over too bad for a little hyperbole and playing up a bit to the home crowd so to speak. Think most here get it (just don't make a habit of it! :)).

Anyway, bet you miss these things on my grill there:
image.jpeg

Continued success!

Last edited:
This thread is an instant classic. We start with props to the alum that is doing great things. Then, we have a respected poster who has a story that shows a possible "dark side". Then, several posters jump on the train, bashing the alum. Then, CTO speaks to the alum. Then, more posters bash the alum. Then, the alum speaks and states his continued support for the team...

This thread is an instant classic. We start with props to the alum that is doing great things. Then, we have a respected poster who has a story that shows a possible "dark side". Then, several posters jump on the train, bashing the alum. Then, CTO speaks to the alum. Then, more posters bash the alum. Then, the alum speaks and states his continued support for the team...
Hey at least he came on here to address it, if he didn't give a shite about the situation and his school he could have easily stayed mum. Think it speaks well that he cares to post on it and I recall when he was in town here working he chimed in quite often in our little Peyton place here (NOT thinking he was above the fray of us message board folks).

Hell when I was his age I'd do nearly whatever it took, within reason, to make some career inroads and increase the chances of success. It must not have been too bad in context, that said I would be interested to hear the clip to get that context and hopefully come to the same conclusion of no big whup...

Last edited:
Parkins was the best radio personality I've ever heard do local sports talk here. Never had a problem telling it like he saw it. I'd imagine this situation was something at least vaguely similar.

This thread epitomizes why this is the best message board out there.

Danny

Local KC guy here - just wanted to let you know you are way better than Kietzman. No contest who I listen to on the drive home.