Oline blocking for Willis | Syracusefan.com

Oline blocking for Willis

HyattsCuse

Scout Team
I know our offensive line is a work in progress, but do they even try to block when Willis is in the game? Or was it that obvious to NC State that he was going to get the ball when he was in the game after what he did against UNLV? Seemed like all 5 carries he had were blown up in the backfield before he even had a chance to do anything.

Really hoping he can have a nice game against Pitt so he knows he made the right decision where to come to school!

I think some of it that he only runs a certain set of plays most of the time and maybe we just dont block those well. I would have loved to see him in the open that LA got to see what he would have done.

He runs like D Henry, you better not let him get a head of steam up.

Opponents can read tendencies, maybe he is rarely in to pass block since LQA does that well and does not get the passing targets like LQA either

Could be that we don’t have him in on passing plays as much so they lean on the run. I don’t know that but it’s logical

Yes, I think when Willis checks into the game the O line collectively decides they will stop run blocking for a few plays. It’s part of DART

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom