Oline blocking for Willis | Syracusefan.com

Oline blocking for Willis

HyattsCuse

Scout Team
I know our offensive line is a work in progress, but do they even try to block when Willis is in the game? Or was it that obvious to NC State that he was going to get the ball when he was in the game after what he did against UNLV? Seemed like all 5 carries he had were blown up in the backfield before he even had a chance to do anything.

Really hoping he can have a nice game against Pitt so he knows he made the right decision where to come to school!

I think some of it that he only runs a certain set of plays most of the time and maybe we just dont block those well. I would have loved to see him in the open that LA got to see what he would have done.

He runs like D Henry, you better not let him get a head of steam up.

Could be that we don’t have him in on passing plays as much so they lean on the run. I don’t know that but it’s logical

Yes, I think when Willis checks into the game the O line collectively decides they will stop run blocking for a few plays. It’s part of DART
IMG_3662.gif

I know our offensive line is a work in progress, but do they even try to block when Willis is in the game? Or was it that obvious to NC State that he was going to get the ball when he was in the game after what he did against UNLV? Seemed like all 5 carries he had were blown up in the backfield before he even had a chance to do anything.

Really hoping he can have a nice game against Pitt so he knows he made the right decision where to come to school!
He had a few opportunities to bounce it outside against the stacked box, but he ran right up the middle. That being said it did seem like the defense was playing run first when he was in.

I think some of it that he only runs a certain set of plays most of the time and maybe we just dont block those well. I would have loved to see him in the open that LA got to see what he would have done.

He runs like D Henry, you better not let him get a head of steam up.
I do see when we pull 1 or 2 guys holes seem better. I truly dont think we block zone well at all.

I do see when we pull 1 or 2 guys holes seem better. I truly dont think we block zone well at all.
Definitely. Washington does a pretty good job pulling.

i’m still trying to figure out the two plays I see where he pulls And why we run them differently.

One Washington just pulls (Petry blocks end) and we hope the vacated edge rusher (olb) can’t get to our RB fast enough. It rarely works if olb is on or close to line of scrimmage.

The other, we bring one of the three TEs back around to kick out the edge rusher vacated by Washington. I have seen us use all three TE successfully at various times.

but what I’m trying to figure out is why when there is a fifth man on the line of scrimmage, sometimes we do not send the tight end over and often times laquint has been caught in the backfield by an unblocked end or edge rusher from behind.

at the 48 second mark of the third quarter I was yelling at my TV for just this.
we need to audible out of that play, or to the play where the TE pulls too, when there’s an unblocked rusher that close to the line of scrimmage.

No. I heard they can’t stand the kid. They want him to fail and transfer. It’s far more important to them than their own performances or team success.

Definitely. Washington does a pretty good job pulling.

i’m still trying to figure out the two plays I see where he pulls And why we run them differently.

One Washington just pulls (Petry blocks end) and we hope the vacated edge rusher (olb) can’t get to our RB fast enough. It rarely works if olb is on or close to line of scrimmage.

The other, we bring one of the three TEs back around to kick out the edge rusher vacated by Washington. I have seen us use all three TE successfully at various times.

but what I’m trying to figure out is why when there is a fifth man on the line of scrimmage, sometimes we do not send the tight end over and often times laquint has been caught in the backfield by an unblocked end or edge rusher from behind.

at the 48 second mark of the third quarter I was yelling at my TV for just this.
we need to audible out of that play, or to the play where the TE pulls too, when there’s an unblocked rusher that close to the line of scrimmage.
I really dont know why we arent audibleing more often with a qb like Mccord at least as u said into a different run but we may have not had enough time into the offense either and i still feel we should run an extra olinemen at Te who could be eligble like Walabough and i know i butchered his name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom